| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|3rd May 2007, 15:40||#256|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 23 Times
2. 5 Speed M800 - For it's amazing reliability even at 80k
3. Tata Indigo SX - Amazing sedan that built for rural roads in India.
4. Ambassador with ISUZU Engine ([COLOR=#0000cc]1800 ISZ)[/COLOR]-- For that amazing Gulbarga - M'lore non-stop trips.
5. Fiat Premier Padmini -- Did really long drives in the 90s.
Thats based on my experience in life till now, not sure they all occupy the no1 Spot.
|4th May 2007, 10:52||#257|
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi ---- Noida
Top 5 Indian Cars
1. Maruti 800 - Best ever selling compact car ruff & tuff
2. Esteem - Reasonable Luxury
3. Safari - The Roaring Monster
4. Scoda Octavia - Powerfull luxry
5. Honda Accord - with her aero dynamic looks & great Luxry & Geat performace i can make u rock.
|4th May 2007, 14:10||#258|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 117 Times
Mitsubishi Lancer (Personally tuned and modified)
Ambassador with Isuzu engine (Grand dad's car.. tuned and modified by him)
Ford iKON 1.6... love the steering and its control
|4th May 2007, 17:20||#259|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 87 Times
paaji it can make u rock.....simple spelling mistakes or keyboard error ??????
Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 4th May 2007 at 17:25.
|4th May 2007, 17:45||#260|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 15 Times
My Top 5 Indian Cars
1) Fiat Palio 1.6 (Performance, looks and ride quality)
2) Honda City Vtech(old model) (Performance, Performance, Performance)
3) Maruti Zen (Cute, small in size , driver's car)
4) Ford Ikon 1.6 (Great performance, 1st good car from ford stable in India)
5) Skoda Octavia (Looks, performance, mileage)
|9th May 2007, 06:58||#261|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
My favs are:
1)Maruti 800( first car of family)
2)Ambassador (always liked it, I wanted to be a politician when I was 10 :P)
3) Tata Indica
4) Contessa (love its muscle car looks. Would loooooooove to mod it.
5) Premier Padmini
|17th May 2007, 00:23||#262|
Join Date: Feb 2007
This is about INDIAN cars right?
Scratching my head trying to come up with 5 Indian cars
Here they are in the order from 5~1
5. Tata Sumo - redefined people moving
4. Tata Indica Turbo - One of India's best hatches - satisfies (not maximises) what many people need
3. Tata Safari DiCor - Not a great fan, but felt it needed to be on the list
2. Tata Indigo Marina - I known this was penned by some italians, but the guys making it are indians. More power to Tata's for this one.
1. Mahindra Scorpio CRDe - There are so many issues I have with this, but when I think about it, it is only because it is that much closer to perfect.
Disclaimer: I neither own nor drive any of the above.
|18th May 2007, 22:31||#265|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 43 Times
1. Honda City vtec(old) - road warrior.
2.Santro Xing - the best all round hatchback in terms of performance and economy.
3. Skoda Octavia RS - The sweet turbo charged engine sound says it all...a sports car which we all can dream of.
4. Mahnidra Classic Jeep - No other vehicle commands so much of road presence as a black rooftop CJ3B with sexy alloys.
5. Ford Mondeo - the true driver's car.
|18th May 2007, 23:46||#266|
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 3 Times
Choosing one car is a tough choice; you want my take on 5 cars 1.The New Honda city 2.Ford Mondeo 3.Hyundai Getz 4.Maruti Swift Diesel 5.Mahindra Scorpio whew Boy !
Last edited by supremoo : 18th May 2007 at 23:49. Reason: omission
|19th May 2007, 20:44||#267|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 16 Times
Last edited by appuchan : 19th May 2007 at 20:46.
|20th May 2007, 00:57||#269|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 10 Times
Honda Civic - Looks excellent and a new approach to design
Chevrolet Optra - Excells in Ride and Build Quality
Swift VDi - Excellent engine and the torque is addictive
Suzuki SX4 - VFM
Safari Dicor - Excellent SUV but could do with more power
Future Top 5 cars
Mercedes C220 CDi - Newer Version
Pete'd Swift - 90 bhp
Safari 2.2(6 months after launch when initial glitches are solved by customers R&D )
Laura vRS - 170bhp dont ask the torque figures its gonna blow you away
Fiat Linea - I am waiting for this one badly.
Last edited by BUSA : 20th May 2007 at 01:01.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Top 10 selling cars in the Top 10 cities of South India||Rajeevraj||The Indian Car Scene||11||7th December 2015 11:01|
|Top Gear celebrates 20th anniversary with Top 50 greatest cars of past 20 years||sarathlal||The International Automotive Scene||0||16th September 2013 05:03|
|Top Speeds of Indian Rally Cars||Tom||Indian Motorsport||28||20th March 2009 14:46|
|Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list.||amit||The International Automotive Scene||10||8th March 2007 12:31|