| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th September 2008, 02:06||#423|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 0 Times
Im trying to name one for each segment.
1. Fabia 1.4 Tdi
2. City Vtec
3. VW Jetta 1.9 Tdi
4. C Class CDi
5. BMW X3
|28th September 2008, 22:00||#424|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dehra Dun
Thanked: 7 Times
No 1 , ambassador, this car has a heritage which no other brand ever had or ever will have, from top dilomats to blue blood of our country, everyone who is indian can identify with this car definitely, jeremy clarkson himself said in an episode of top gear, i dont know what is it about this car but i really like it, imagine that coming from a guy like jeremy.
No 2 , Maruti 800, this company particularly this car maruti 800 changed the indian car industery for ever, love it or hate it , u just cannot ignore it, its everywhere, its like a cockroach, maybe it will even survive a nuclear holocaust, just kidding fellows, its been here for ages and is still going strong, a great value for money product, i know some people would not agree on that but its like a bajaj scooter, even in the remotest part of india , where the most ignorant, brain dead mechanic, who thinks a hammer can substitue for every other tool in the shop, will probably be able to repair it.
No 3 , Tata Indica, well the blunder lives on, ratan thanks a lot u made my first car the most troublesome 4 wheeler i could buy (maybe not), even though i strongly feel that tata cannot make good cars ( till date dont know about future though) i have to ive a place to this car on my list because this is afterall the first indian car, i know i know, most of the designs and substantially mechanical parts might be the fruit of some foreign grey, but then again it was put all togehter by tata, how can i leave them out of my list( afterall unka namak jo khaya hai, NAMAK HO TATA KA TATA NAMAK haha).
No 4 , Mahindra jeep, i am not naming the model because its kind of immaterial, from our own mamus( u.p. nick for cops), to cheap public transport, to military, to enthusiasts, it has served them all and served them well, the real die hard hero( sorry bruce), the first true indian alternative for an offroader.
No 5 , this would be shared by premier padmini, contessa, standerd rover dont ask why, the post is pretty lenghty by now let me finish it before it turns into an article .
p.s. i didnt named any of the modern cars, because they really dont matter ( in my humble opinion) , the cars and companies i mentioned above were the true trendsetters with some products that had some real longlasting impact on our indian car industery , its like been there done that and still ready to go a few more rounds, cheers
|13th November 2008, 23:24||#426|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 9 Times
i think the thread is about indian cars and not cars available here. after all one can import any of the biggies available in the rest of the world.so i guess we should stick to the car made here. my list :-
1. Tata Safari
5. the good old maruti 800
|13th November 2008, 23:30||#427|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2008
Thanked: 221 Times
What re you guys.. Go back, go back to beyond what you think is the past !! My top five cars , those which truly ROCK are:
1) Fiat 1100. Truly, truly the automotive version of "comfort food" if there ever was one. Entire generations have been raised on a steady diet of 1100s, starting from the Millecento, thru the elegants, selects, superselects, delights, presidents, and padminis. Wotta car man, truly my number one in this hall of fame.
2) Standard Herald. The first ever Indian Roadster. Slick, light, nimble, and fast. And beautiful to look at ! A car for "wind in the hair" enthusiasts. there never ever will be another herald, really.
3) Standard 2000. Remember ? the Rover 3500 of the eighties ? The 2000 was spot on. Low slung, luxurious, and Pininfarina. Sadly messed up because of a wrong engine. Tragedy king. Injustice, i say. This is the "Guru Dutt" of Indian cars.
4) Maruti Gypsy. Can anything on four wheels match the gypsy on the mountains ? This is the father of all off-roaders, a never-say-die mountain goat, for the spirited among us. Not for the faint hearted.
5) Maruti Swift. Ahh. Now we're talking business, right ? The "Pocket Rocket". The "Drift Pilgrim". The true blue sports hatch with looks performance and handling to complement each other as a package. Rocksta.
Last edited by SuperSelect : 13th November 2008 at 23:31.
|14th November 2008, 17:45||#431|
Join Date: Oct 2008
1 audi a4--will owe it, if luck favours
2 ford fiesta 1.6--own it
3 volkwagen passat-----I just love it, probably owe it if not audi a4
4 skoda octavia--- still love it
5 current honda accord---love its road presence
|17th December 2008, 00:30||#434|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Panjim, Goa
Thanked: 156 Times
A couple of interesting observations-
1. At the beginning of the thread, the W124 seems to appear in the top 5 list for many Tbhpians but then suddenly it drops out of contention and not many people have it as their favorite as the thread progresses.
2. The Ford mondeo seems to be an eternal favorite appearing consistently on many Tbhpians list. However on most threads about the mondeo, almost everyone dissuades those interesting in getting one for themeselves to look else where. I know it has fuel pump and electrical issues and parts are expensive, but it's good to know that while most people wouldn't actually buy a mondeo, they still think that it's one of the most entertaining cars to drive.
My top 5 list-
1. W124 E220
2. Ford Mondeo Duratec
3. Skoda vRS
4. Contessa 1.8 Petrol
5. Ford Ikon 1.6
|17th December 2008, 09:58||#435|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 2 Times
5.Chevy Optra Magnum
Just kept it limited to cars I can realistically look at owning soon
Will update it in a couple of years time cheers:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Top 10 selling cars in the Top 10 cities of South India||Rajeevraj||The Indian Car Scene||11||7th December 2015 11:01|
|Top Gear celebrates 20th anniversary with Top 50 greatest cars of past 20 years||sarathlal||The International Automotive Scene||0||16th September 2013 05:03|
|Top Speeds of Indian Rally Cars||Tom||Indian Motorsport||28||20th March 2009 14:46|
|Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list.||amit||The International Automotive Scene||10||8th March 2007 12:31|