| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|17th December 2008, 21:32||#439|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Thanked: 5 Times
1. Mercedes Benz E220 (W124)
2. Maruti 800 5 sp (My current car!!)
3. Maruti Zen (The original Indian hot hatch)
4. Fiat Uno (I know I'll get bashed for this, but it was truly a car suited to Indian conditions)
5. Tata Indica
|20th December 2008, 09:55||#440|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Thanked: 144 Times
1. Mitusbishi lancer.
3. HM Ambassador (yes you read correct)
5. New Camry
|5th January 2009, 23:39||#443|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 405 Times
In no particular order of preference:
The Premier Padmini - great exhaust note esp. with the timing set to full retard (as mine always was). It also dealt with most rural Indian roads with a fair level of competence.
Skoda Laura: It is frugal, comfortable, fast. Great Value for money - a Merc for half-price.
Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport (also known as S10): Fun car for a petrolhead
Tata Indica Turbo & Indigo - Bullockcarts for the modern times! Easy and cheap to run and maintain ideal Indian car for Indian conditions.
The Merc W124s (No surprises here!)
|6th January 2009, 12:52||#444|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 63 Times
my personal top 5 would be -
1. E220 - been a merc fan since ages
2. Honda City vtec (old) - looks and performance
3. Lancer (old) - looks looks and looks
4. Baleno - vfm
5. Zen (old) - i own one and off course vfm
|14th January 2009, 11:09||#450|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 155 Times
My Top List
1. Mitsubishi Pajero SFX 4x4 - May be gen old, but still it fascinates me with it's killer looks.
2. Honda Civic - Purely for looks. Would like to see in my garage, but not to drive!
3. Mitsubishi Cedia - Best highway and city car in its range.
4. Ford Fiesta - Decent looking performer. Could be the car for regular use.
5. BMW 3 series - Should be on top, but now at 5 considering the affordability
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Top 10 selling cars in the Top 10 cities of South India||Rajeevraj||The Indian Car Scene||11||7th December 2015 11:01|
|Top Gear celebrates 20th anniversary with Top 50 greatest cars of past 20 years||sarathlal||The International Automotive Scene||0||16th September 2013 05:03|
|Top Speeds of Indian Rally Cars||Tom||Indian Motorsport||28||20th March 2009 14:46|
|Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list.||amit||The International Automotive Scene||10||8th March 2007 12:31|