| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th March 2009, 12:22||#481|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 52 Times
my choice wud be
b) Maruti 800
since all these models ruled the market in their heydays.
from driving / ownership point of view .
a) eternal E class
b) Honda Accord 3.ltr V6
c) Palio s10
e) Lancer .
|20th March 2009, 13:18||#483|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 13 Times
ok this is purely my dream on paper, right now i cant afford these beauties
but, my top 5 cars would come in all shapes and sizes.
1) AUDI R8- this would be a car for just me.(two seats) when i want to be alone and on the road. this would be my ticket to freedom.
2) LAND ROVER range rover- its the king of all SUVs. its best suited for offroading adventures and gravel gobbling travel on bad roads. pure fun but it high class style.
3) mercedes SL55 amg want a good convertible for night cruise around the town or when i just want fresh air.
4) BMW- M5- the fastest saloon they say.my choice as audi RS6 is not available(dont know).anyways. if i wanna go fast and take family with me. lolz also can be used for regular commutes. styling is also subdued and not too flashy. very exec type very bmw. classy.
5) a nice hot hatch- i like the fabia. not very pricy compared to these vehichles but as a hot hatch available in india. currently its very best of the lot. this would be used to go into tight places. and places where parking is difficult essential city car. looking forward to actually geting one. its quite possible.
Last edited by Caramelo : 20th March 2009 at 13:20.
|20th March 2009, 16:26||#486|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 9 Times
In High Premium segment: S class
In mid premium segment: 5 series
In Premium segment: Accord
In mid luxury segment: NHC (not ANHC) (still avaialble)
In Hatch: Santro
|30th March 2009, 13:54||#488|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: N Delhi
These are my favourite TOP 5 cars :
1. HM Contessa - The Muscle Look.
2. Mahindra CJ340 - For the ultimate offroad experience and raw feel.
3. Mercedes W124 - For The Presence(mafia looks) and built.
4. Honda Accord Ist gen in india - Looks really Elegent & Gentlemens car.
5. Honda City Type II(actually own one) - All in All a great car for all my needs.
Sorry but couldn't resist myself
6. Maruti ZEN carbon - Appeals to my heart for its convinience and understated look.
|6th April 2009, 02:56||#489|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 89 Times
Amongst the 'regular' cars:
Honda accord v6 (last gen)
Also,The Maruti 800,for all it did for Indian auto industry.
Amongst the 'costlier' cars:
Audi A8 w12
Merc W124 (really love this car)
BMW M3 sedan
Porsche 911 Turbo
Audi TT (last gen)
|3rd May 2009, 21:31||#490|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Thanked: 4 Times
1) Honda City
2) Honda Accord
4) Lancer SLX
5) Skoda Octavia
1) Safari - the king of all SUVs
2) Scorpio - Not my first choice but if not safari then scrop it is
3) Sumo - not the grande but the older one with broad tyres
4) Willys WWII types clone so called bling jeep or Dabwali product
|7th May 2009, 17:46||#491|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trichur , kerala
Thanked: 0 Times
My top 5 Indian cars :
1. PAJERO 2.0 diesel : its tough n powerful , good value for money except for the maintainance part , but still i find it a good buy .
2. ELANTRA : man i generally have a negative bias towards korean cars , but the elantra was something out of the box wasnt it , its amazing to drive and with a little tweeks here n there its killa .
3. SWIFT ( petrol ) : brilliant for in city driving
4.MERCEDEZ E-280 D : luxurious and yet econmiical .
5. MERCEDEZ SL-500 I DONT NEED TO SAY MUCH ITS JUST AMAZING .
|7th May 2009, 20:13||#492|
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked: 65 Times
My Top 5 Indian Cars:
1. Standard Gazel : As it is first ever indigenous car.
2. VFJ JONGA : Anywhere go capacity.
3. Mahindra Classic: Every college boy's dream.
4. Maruti WagonR : Brilliant & economical.
5. Tata Nano: An Indian automotive wonder.
|8th May 2009, 16:47||#493|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi // Tempe, Arizona
Thanked: 137 Times
My top 5 cars would be:
1. Skoda Superb (Best value for money, it its own segment of course )
2. Palio 1.6 GTX (First and best hot hatch on Indian roads)
3. Ford Ikon 1.6 SXi (Great Handling and comfort for the money)
4. Honda Civic AT (Just hate the ground clearance and love everything else)
5. Honda City first vtech 1st generation.
|8th May 2009, 18:04||#494|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Thanked: 6 Times
Well here's my list:
|20th June 2009, 04:42||#495|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanked: 58 Times
My top 5 indian cars
1. Premier Padmini BE I learnt to drive in this car. The thin two spoked steering wheel and hand gear lever. Kinda makes me nostalgic. I can still feel the throaty purr of its engine in my ears.
2. Mahindra Jeep I have forgotten the badge but I remember it had Willys type bonnet and a 3 speed International tractor engine of 2350cc, which had a maximum output of 38bhp @ 1500rpm (max). And it had a FRP top. I remember taking my uncle to Shimla in it who had been visiting from US. I think he would never forget that ride. It shook, vibrated and made so much that we had shout at top of our voices to talk to each other while sitting next to each other on front bench. Of course, the whole Jeep was the ICE. lol. The bonet was so flat that once I had three of my friends dancing on it while I was driving up the hills. It was solid and there were no dents at all inspite the guys being well built 6 footers. And the paint was always fading, so no scratches too. (Those were my teenage years guys. Now, I would not even dream of committing that kind of sin again.)
Can any one let me know its model / type, from what I have described above? as far as I rememder, it just had Jeep written on it.
3. Maruti Gypsy: One helluva offroader
4. Maruti 800: My first purchase. Drove it for seven years. No complaints at all. I don't think i can take care of any car ever again as I used to, for this car. And oh yes, I drove my first babe in this car.
5. OHC: This was the one of the first cars which gave Indian some sports like feel IMHO. Still prefer it to newer versions somehow. I personally think that if this car would evolve, it would not be the ANHC but the Civic. I can't forget the first time I drove it. The needle touched 120 kph in 2nd gear. What an acceleration! The car behaved almost normal till 60 kmph when it suddenly took-off. Wow.
I would also like to mention Tata Estate here. It was one car which looked real cool when it was launched. And the first 30 odd K in this car were awesome. After that it started to disintegrate. It had so much of space and comfort. Even the Amby was no match, in this department. It was the first big car that India had.
No disrespects, but I don't find anything Indian in any of these super expensive imported CBU's that few can afford to buy. Audis, Touregs, Beemers, LC 200s, Cayennes, and et cetra. We can discuss them in our in our top 5 but do they make sense in Indian top 5?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Top 10 selling cars in the Top 10 cities of South India||Rajeevraj||The Indian Car Scene||11||7th December 2015 11:01|
|Top Gear celebrates 20th anniversary with Top 50 greatest cars of past 20 years||sarathlal||The International Automotive Scene||0||16th September 2013 05:03|
|Top Speeds of Indian Rally Cars||Tom||Indian Motorsport||28||20th March 2009 14:46|
|Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list.||amit||The International Automotive Scene||10||8th March 2007 12:31|