| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th June 2010, 16:15||#602|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanked: 7 Times
Considering the thread is about the 5 best INDIAN cars, I'm surprised so many of us have gone on to include foreign-made cars or those made in conjunction with multi-national companies.
Unfortunately, the sheer lack of interesting domestic cars limits my favourites to just 3. They are:- 1) The Ambassador because that is the quintessential Indian car, despite its British origins. Still a big hit in South India. Brakes & steering haven't been modified in forever though, so it isn't really meant to be a fast car.
2) The Contessa because that was one of the few luxury cars still being produced in the 80s. I know 75 HP isn't impressive but the fact that it beat out most of the others in the market at that time stuck with me.
3) I know that the last, the Premier Padmini, is originally a Fiat model but it's been around for so long (and is still around as a matter of fact) that I've come to think of it as ours. My father's first two cars were Padminis and I will always be a loyal fan.
|23rd July 2010, 12:37||#604|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 18 Times
All cars are best in their own world.My 5's
|23rd July 2010, 13:39||#605|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 154 Times
My 5 best cars in India
1) Maruti Swift
2) Mahindra Scorpio
3) Toyota Innova
4) Honda Civic
5) BMW M3
|23rd July 2010, 15:27||#606|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Thanked: 7 Times
The ones that top my list
1) Tata Safari Dicor 4x4
2) MM 550
5) The good old Fiat
|23rd July 2010, 16:35||#607|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanked: 51 Times
OK.I'll list out 5 cars that truly were/are legends in their own right.Here goes.
Skoda Octavia vRS:The show-stopper.The hooligan.The Bad Boy's pick of the lot.Read elsewhere on the Forum "The RS isn't the car that gets you chicks' numbers..There are other cars like the Civic,Accord,etc. for that..Its the car that lands you directly into the chicks' bedrooms...".Need I say more?
OHC VTEC:The Jap missile.How about shifts at 7500 RPM??
Palio GTX:The first GTi on Indain shores.
Fiesta 1.6S:The S is one letter that differentiates this from all the other cars.Best performance+handling package this side of 10 lakhs.
Suzuki Baleno:Undoubtedly the most underrated all-rounder sold in India.Drive one and you'll agree.
Last edited by octane1002 : 23rd July 2010 at 16:38.
|23rd July 2010, 18:22||#609|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 206 Times
My Top 5:
1. Ford Fiesta 1.6S- Own one, love one. No better VFM rocket like this one. Perfect combo of an eager revvy engine, sharp steering and brilliant handling.
2. Octy vRS- "the bedroom" remark. Nuff said...!!
3. Suzuki Baleno- Without doubt the most underrated car of its time. Brilliant engine and awesome mile munching abilities in a way that puts a smile on the drives face.
4. Mistu Lancer- A legend, with an almost infinite array of modding options.
5. Suzuki Swift 1.3 (P)- Another hoot of a car to drive. Taut handling, buzzy engine n a great short throw shifter. Perfect if you wanna play boy racer, but dont have the big moolah.
|30th July 2010, 22:18||#615|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Thanked: 2 Times
I'd like to think that one's supposed to make choice cars that are made by Indian companies and not the once available in showrooms across India. Meaning Merc, BMW, Audi, JLR, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Honda, et all. are out of contention.
Hence, my pick would be...
5. (Old) Zen
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Top 10 selling cars in the Top 10 cities of South India||Rajeevraj||The Indian Car Scene||11||7th December 2015 11:01|
|Top Gear celebrates 20th anniversary with Top 50 greatest cars of past 20 years||sarathlal||The International Automotive Scene||0||16th September 2013 05:03|
|Top Speeds of Indian Rally Cars||Tom||Indian Motorsport||28||20th March 2009 14:46|
|Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list.||amit||The International Automotive Scene||10||8th March 2007 12:31|