Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: How did you hear about team-bhp ? - participate and tell us quick !!!
Thru posting on some sites like indiacar, formulaindia, etc. 64 9.07%
Thru banners at the SpeedRun 2004 16 2.27%
Thru friends, fellow car enthusiasts 169 23.94%
Thru article in autocarindia 39 5.52%
Thru search engines 349 49.43%
Any other , pls specify by posting below 69 9.77%
Voters: 706. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd February 2010, 11:58   #301
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for the change of new hatch back. I saw some test drive comments throgh google search. I went on browsing and found it a useful site. Now become a part of the forum. Learned a lot here.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:14   #302
BHPian

I think i heard about Team BHP in 2008 while I was browsing for random car reviews. I distinctly remember i was searching for 'Baleno vs City' reviews. I wanted to see which car packs more punch and which would be better to drive and that sort of things. So i simply enetered Baleno vs City in the Google search bar and came across a thread in which one of the members wanetd to make a choice between the two cars. So i started browsing that site and found it really informative as all the write ups were pertaining to the Indian car scene (i am not much into imports!). At first i joined the site and forgot all about it. Only recently i started playing an active role and i was extremely happy when i progressed for a Newbie to a BHPian! I love this site!
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 21:27   #303
Senior - BHPian

Back in 2007 i was out for a drive in my 800 on a sunday afternoon.There was a traffic jam and i was next to a esteem with a loud exhaust.The sound of the car was amazing and i started to wish & desire that my car sounded like that too.So i started hunting for the term "sports exhaust" on the web and thats when i came across team-bhp.Read all about performance exhaust from Automech and viper ,settled for a Automech all thanks to a team-bhp
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 21:59   #304
Senior - BHPian

through my Boss who also happens to be a TBHP member

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 22:13   #305
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Few months back I saw a BMW Z3 on a trip to Mumbai so after reaching back home, I just googled to check out some pics of the same and therefore bounced on TBHP. Needless to say, ever since I've been hooked to TBHP. I'm really proud to be a member here.
//M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 22:19   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike
Slug it out in some forums then. May be city vs linea or other threads. Boss vs you
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 22:45   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike
At least you can get away with browsing during work

As for me, I heard about T-Bhp when I was reading reviews of the then newly launched Grand Vitara. Came across Samurai's thread and I joined the group.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 11:51   #308
BHPian

Happend to find it through search engines, while searching for info on cars. I tried for information on new car launches and their reviews and google popped up T-BHP once, again for another car and again T-BHP and again and again. then i added T-BHP to my fav list. Then started my journey of regular visit to this site and eventually got addicted. This has become a routine in life that i log into T-BHP site every day and look in for more information and more and more and i am always satisfied witht eh results. Thanks to T-BHP.
Jaizcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 22:43   #309
BANNED

saw an article in Autocar
long time back
and tried it out
but joined recently
san2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 23:31   #310
BHPian

Default Google is top recommender

I was googling about some reviews of Hatchs from brands other than MS, for first hand information from people owning them.(being remote place, I dont have even sight of many other cars !)
But, I would like to add,
almost 90% of time, if you enter proper keywords in google (about car/some tech in car ) you get tbhp in top 3 results..
Try it!

Care.

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 03:16   #311
Senior - BHPian

I was looking at some reviews of newly launched cars, specifically Civic back in 2007 and came to know about T-BHP through Google. I remained a guest visitor to the website until last year and finally decided to join the largest car community in India in August 2009.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 11:48   #312
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Voted for 'thru search engines'.

When I decided to go in for a new sedan replacement for my Maruti Suzuki Versa, I came across WWW.TEAM-BHP.COM by googling for reviews for sedans. I was amazed at the unlimited ocean of knowledge that was inviting me to take a plunge! Then, as they say, the rest is history: I applied for my membership and it was accepted within a week or so. After extensive research on various threads of Team BHP and after going through a lot of reviews of various brands/models/versions, here I am, a proud and satisfied owner of Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE, 5500 km+ old. Thanks a lot to Team BHP for that.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th March 2010 at 11:49.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 11:52   #313

Just simply type " Review " and any car name in Google and in search result , some post from Team-BHP will be there on First page itself . That's how ,I land on this wonderful forum.
sanman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:37   #314
BHPian

Google the great, my oldest pal on net made Team-BHP and me a successful love story.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:46   #315
BHPian

I curse myself for not having found this site earlier - would have made selling my old Zen so much easier. Found it on google while looking for reviews/comments on DDiS v/s QJD and wow - this is a treasure-trove of information.

Great job guys - particularly the hard part - keeping it still useful after many years. So easy to lose interest in this day/age. Thanks.
ddis_dude is offline   Reply With Quote