Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2007, 00:13   #256
BHPian

I think Dravid is one man who has never ever got his due. We all remember the innings of Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kaif and many times Sehwag, but forget the one man who played the pivotal role around which they 'swashbucklers' hit the ***** around the park. Even in the last innings, Dravid stood there like a wall.

Btw as for Sachin, to say that he plays for records would be insulting him. Its just that he is not delivering in the games he is required the most. And this is a mahor problem.

Now Mr.Ganguly. What to say about him. I have just observed that HE now is playing for records. In the last WC as well, he made centuries against minnows. In the current one as well, he made 50+ scores against Bangladesh and Bermuda only, and that too with strike rates which cant be written home about.

FINALLY... Go SA Go... Smith hits another one outta the park!!
Old 25th March 2007, 00:23   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Pakistan 2004 one day series. Dravid had a couple of great partnerships with Yuvraj. And Dhoni and Sehwag played their parts in the recent Pak tour.
Same pakistan 2004 wonderful 141 & at WI series before Srilanka a quickfire 100*.

Iam not saying that Sachin in the best in the lot. But certainly not as he was criticized.
Old 25th March 2007, 00:42   #258
Senior - BHPian

134/0 in 18 overs, well done SA.

wow. 147 in 19 overs

And finally devilliers was run out for 92. 160/1

Last edited by Surprise : 25th March 2007 at 00:51.
Old 25th March 2007, 00:51   #259
Senior - BHPian

What a lucky strike for the Aussies
Old 25th March 2007, 01:52   #260
Senior - BHPian

Sachin's an idiot who gets out when he is needed. All I see him is practising with his 4 year old son. That's the sort of competition that he's best with these days.
Old 25th March 2007, 02:42   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Sachin's an idiot who gets out when he is needed. All I see him is practising with his 4 year old son. That's the sort of competition that he's best with these days.
oh come on give the guy a break , atleast stop abusing him ....whats the harm in him playing with his kid ??
Old 25th March 2007, 02:46   #262
Senior - BHPian

No harm at all. I think he should stick to that. He's been getting breaks, tax and others, for years. I want a discount on my Pepsi since that dolt gets some money off it.
Old 25th March 2007, 08:17   #263
BHPian

SA started well but Aus strike back well.
Old 25th March 2007, 11:27   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No harm at all. I think he should stick to that. He's been getting breaks, tax and others, for years. I want a discount on my Pepsi since that dolt gets some money off it.
Dude, no matter what ... u aint getting no discount on that pepsi of yours !!!! If it aint him -- it cud be someone else who wuid be getting that so STOP DREAMING and asking for stuff that u aint getting .

As for the WC debacle ..... Dissapointing but no frigging way worth the backlash thats happening . Just goes to show that people ain our country r so vela ..... Even the best can have off days so BIG FRIGGING DEAL . This MOB mentality is one thing that our country men need to get over !!!

Team India ..... I still support you , even though you have dissapointed me .

As for the rest of the Wc ........ time for me to support the under dogs -- Today is full support for the Bermudese , time for you to send the Bangla boys home

Cheers
Old 25th March 2007, 11:28   #265
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Now Mr.Ganguly. What to say about him. I have just observed that HE now is playing for records. In the last WC as well, he made centuries against minnows. In the current one as well, he made 50+ scores against Bangladesh and Bermuda only, and that too with strike rates which cant be written home about.

FINALLY... Go SA Go... Smith hits another one outta the park!!
Ganguly is politically connected again, after falling out with Dalmiya. So he is driving home the point to Greg Chappell that he cannot be dropped, no matter how he plays. Our people will just look at his scores, never mind that he scored at a painfully slow rate.

What Greg Chappell needs to do is to get a video of the Australia-SA match and show it to the Indian players before every match. This will drive home the point to our players that on good batting pitches, they are expected to score their runs at a reasonable rate, in order to help the team's cause. If they cannot do that, it is better to get out and make way for others rather than hang around and destroy the team's chances.
Old 25th March 2007, 12:27   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
What Greg Chappell needs to do is to get a video of the Australia-SA match and show it to the Indian players before every match.
Do we have any idea on how many videos they go through?
Quote:
This will drive home the point to our players that on good batting pitches, they are expected to score their runs at a reasonable rate, in order to help the team's cause.
They didn't have any idea about this also?

Sorry rks, if I'm sounding negetive. You don't get to see Srilankan players endorsing brands. They're as good or as bad looking as our boys.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:04   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
What Greg Chappell needs to do is to get a video of the Australia-SA match and show it to the Indian players before every match.
I disagree with you over here though I was thinking in similar line when the SA were 189/1. After Smith's muscle injury the game was pretty much a la hindustani match. By this statement am in no way comparing Kallis or Boucher or Smith to any Indian batsmen coz these men are in a totally different league . After 30th over wickets started falling in like Desi style . I had watched the whole match since I was on the same conception that SA may strike back eventually but alas nothing happened. That was some very poor batting perfomance by SA's . Somehow they werent able to stick to their plan inspite of having around 7.2 runrate at 28th over with 8 wickets to spare which indeed was a very very commandable position .
Old 25th March 2007, 13:17   #268
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Do we have any idea on how many videos they go through?
They didn't have any idea about this also?

Sorry rks, if I'm sounding negetive. You don't get to see Srilankan players endorsing brands. They're as good or as bad looking as our boys.
A commentator in the Aus-SA match was making the point that even 350 by Australia may not be good enough on this pitch. The WC commentators were also noting that the batting standards as well as the quality of the bats themselves have improved tremendously in recent times. To the extent that 300 is now considered par for a good pitch, whereas once upon a time, 250+ was considered a winning total. But our boys seem completely oblivious to this fact and seem to set their sights on 250-275 (when batting first against good teams) rather than 300+, like the Aussies or SA do.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:38   #269
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I disagree with you over here though I was thinking in similar line when the SA were 189/1. After Smith's muscle injury the game was pretty much a la hindustani match. By this statement am in no way comparing Kallis or Boucher or Smith to any Indian batsmen coz these men are in a totally different league . After 30th over wickets started falling in like Desi style.
It was not so bad a performance by SA, just that it pales in comparison to that of the Aussies. After all, they did manage 294 in 48 overs. With hindsight, it looks like Smith should have held back Kallis and Prince (who are more orthodox players), and instead promoted the likes of Boucher, Kemp and Pollock to keep up the pressure on the Aussies. Look at the Aussie scorecard; not one player has scored below a run a ball, and Ponting 91 (91) and Gilchrist 42 (42) were the slowest scorers! Talk about setting high standards.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:56   #270
F50
Senior - BHPian

I saw only few overs when Aussies were batting or should I say battering RSA.
It was great to watch Matty Hayden hit everything, anywhere.

Australia against any good opponents have to aim scoring 350+ otherwise they might be out!! I have been following Aussie cricket for over a decade now and this time I feel the bowling department is where something is missing. Batting is good, they have reached 350 on many occasions.
Earlier 350 was like batting your opposition out of the game but not the case today.
Closed Thread