View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2007, 12:14   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Jadeja had a very interesting suggestion - give Ganguly a contract for 12 months (only 12, no more) as Captain & give him a mission - mould the team back into a fighting unit as he had earlier and also groom his successor who would take over at the end of the 12 months.

Sounded good to me.
Ya I second that....Dravid was never a captain...Remove Dravid as captain firstly, we badly require Dravid, the batsman in this grooming process...
If Ganguly is made the captain, Chappell has to go....
probably Yuvi / Kaif can be groomed as a future captain...Kaif is a natural captain material (was captain of the WC winnning U-19 team).....

All said and done, Looks like Sachin will take up the mettle, also there is a chance of Dravid been retained....

Abhi
Old 26th March 2007, 12:26   #287
BHPian

I second that option of contracting Ganguly to be the captain for a period of 12 months and asking him to groom a youngster to be the next captain. I would opt for Kaif to be made the successor as Yuvraj has a tendency to deviate from his goal (Kim Sharma and Adverts) and Kaif is natural captain material for his show in the U-19 as the captain where he proved himself. Yuvi can be made Kaif's deputy since he is favoured by Ganguly. Sachin should retire and do his reputation a favor. Sehwag should be made to play every domestic tournament till he starts delivering consistently. Dravid should be sacked for his uncalled for favoritism shown towards Sehwag in the WC and Dhoni should be made to return the land allotted to him by the MP Govt. and also made to follow Sehwag.
Old 26th March 2007, 12:57   #288
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, well said and would just like to add a couple of more reasons why Dravid should be sacked -

1) For his unimaginative field placements throughout, more so when the Lankan middle order were batting & taking a run a ball....
2) For persisting with Sachin for two extra overs when he should have brought Agarkar back......
3) Oops, that makes it three instead of a couple but - for bringing Munaf back instead of Agarkar.

Did we see a SINGLE revolutionary/challenging/striking/bold decision from Dravid anywhere in this World Cup I wonder?
Old 26th March 2007, 13:17   #289
Senior - BHPian

Yes Dravid's instinctive decisions are a big question mark !!!

If the plan which he prepared before the match is working then Dravid is fine but accidentally if that method doesnt work, Dravid falls in a soup, he just dont have the confidence of sudden / aggressive and fast decisions on the field....and his body language speaks out his frustrations (he looks as if he has given up), we dont want our wall to be like that in field !!! He is our best batsman, India wants 100% of Dravid's batting...
Captain should not give up till the last ball is bowled and the last run is taken...

Abhi
Old 26th March 2007, 13:27   #290
Senior - BHPian

Ideally, there should be no ex-captains in the team. As a senior player, if you have served out your term as a captain, the next best thing is to retire gracefully as the aussies do.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:37   #291
Senior - BHPian

Well according to me the 3 best people to lead India were -

1) Saurav Ganguly - Aggressive , a fighter and a great man manager.

2) Ajay Jadeja - Aggressive and very street smart , quick thinker on his feet.

3) Ravi Shastri - He captained one test only and showed positive results. It's a loss that we could not utilise his potential as a captain. I felt that time too that Kapil Dev was a wrong choice as skipper. Maybe Shastri's no nonsense attitude that ruffled quite a few feathers cost him the Indian captaincy. He was quite similar to Saurav.

All the rest who captained were a waste of time. Gavaskar , Kapil , Sachin , Vengsarkar et all.

Now the only guy who shows glimpses of captaincy material is Mohd. Kaif. Has qualities from all 3 above mentioned guys. And is quite innovative too. Anyone who watched the Ranji Trophy and Challenger series will vouch for his captaincy.

Jadeja's proposal sounds fantastic to me. Give Sourav the captaincy for a year and give Kaif a permanent place in the side. Let Saurav groom Kaif for the job (one dayers only). Yuvraj as a deputy sounds dicey to me. IMHO give Dinesh Kartik the vice captaincy , yes it sound like a stupid thing but I feel Kartik can contribute better than Yuvi as vice captain. Let Dhoni earn his place in the side.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:39   #292
Senior - BHPian

Todays Mid Day states that Sachin ads will be replace by Shahrkh ads for the Sunfeast company

Reebok is dropping Yuvraj Bhajji and others from their ads and developing new campaigns with basket ball and soccer stars. Check todays Mid day for details
Old 26th March 2007, 13:41   #293
BHPian

and please improve Indian pitches. Its one of biggest factor of dismal performances by India abroad.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:44   #294
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I was seeing so many cricket ads in Star Movies channel, I was confused. Right now any advertiser in their right mind wouldn't show Indian cricketers to promote anything. Are these guys clueless or what?
Old 26th March 2007, 15:22   #295
BHPian

Disclaimer: not personal views........

Bapuji ke Teen Bandar: Old Version.

see the new version

What is it signifying??

Can not see India losing.
Can not hear the audience outburst against the team
Can not speak in front of media about the causes of defeat.

Last edited by navdeep : 26th March 2007 at 15:24.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:40   #296
Senior - BHPian

That was good one Navdeep!
Old 26th March 2007, 15:44   #297
Senior - BHPian

Well its high time the media and the corporates realized that Cricket is overhyped.... and focussed on other games too.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:54   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yesterday I was seeing so many cricket ads in Star Movies channel, I was confused. Right now any advertiser in their right mind wouldn't show Indian cricketers to promote anything. Are these guys clueless or what?
They have paid huge money for these ads. But you are right. This is leading to negative publicity. Might as well not show any ads at all for the moment.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:02   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
they want to advertise their products but they do not have advert. ( minus cricketers ) to broadcast.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:26   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is leading to negative publicity. Might as well not show any ads at all for the moment.
I say let them keep on showing the ads - keeps the anger burning (in the audience)
Closed Thread