0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2007, 06:57   #376
BHPian

Ire played better cricket than Eng.
Old 31st March 2007, 12:54   #377
BHPian

Guys watch out news channels .. Inzy is lashing on media (live)..
Old 31st March 2007, 13:51   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Nobody will beat us - McGrath

Glenn McGrath believes no side will threaten Australia in their push for a third successive World Cup, provided the defending champions keep up their current form. McGrath, who is poised to become the leading wicket-taker in World Cup history, said Australia had the ability to win every match in the tournament, as they did in 2003.

Cricinfo - Nobody will beat us - McGrath

Srilanka can be a real threat to Aussies with their current form. SA and NZ too will challenge aussies.

Aussies is always know for playing mind games

But its 90% aussies going to win the WC'07

Last edited by Surprise : 31st March 2007 at 13:52.
Old 2nd April 2007, 07:10   #379
BHPian

Well done SL .. Well done Jayasuriya .. age is no where near you
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:07   #380
Senior - BHPian

WI needs to win all their remaining matches to get into semifinal berth. A very very tough task (esp against SA)
__________________________________________________ __________________

SHUBHAJIT ROY: Should Tendulkar be dropped ? Kapil Dev: If you ask me whether to drop Tendulkar I would say, he is a great player and has served the country beautifully. He’s an exceptionally talented cricketer, but unfortunately he has to be dropped one day. But had I made this statement to some sensation-seeking journalists the headline the next day would have read “Kapil says ‘Drop Sachin Tendulkar’and left out the fact that I have also said that he is an exceptionally talented cricketer.

“We expected too much from India this World Cup”
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:59   #381
Senior - BHPian

After watching Jayasurya yesterday , the 1st thought that came to mind - you guessed it - Sachin Tendulkar. About 3-4 years younger than Sanath and atleast 100 times more talented than Sanath, still look at the way Sanath played in a crunch situation yesterday. And what does our so called greatest batsman in the world do ? Get out to a bowler who just bowls medium pace ?

Just shows the levels of commitment and fitness that Jayasurya has. He stuck it out inspite of being restricted for the 1st 10 overs. infact he hit his 1st boundary in the 7th over. But he knew that having lost 2 wickets SL needed him and he delivered. Hats off Sir Sanath.

I don't think Mr Tendulkar is half as mentally and physically fit as Sanath who is 3 years older to him.

Sigh !

EDIT - Anyone saw Star News report this morning ? Said that Greg Chappell's report says that Sachin, Ganguly , Bhajji, Yuvraj and Sehwag were doing their own thing at the World Cup. It says Greg and Dravid had decided to bowl against Bangladesh if India won the toss but these 5 pressurised Dravid to bat saying that they needed to practise batting for the SL game !!

Greg also says he wants to quit and the support staff including Ian Frazier has also said that they want to quit. There is too much of egoism in the team.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd April 2007 at 14:02.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:55   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sachin, Ganguly , Bhajji, Yuvraj and Sehwag were doing their own thing at the World Cup.
Does anybody involved with Indian cricket have the guts to hand them even the smallest form of punishment.They are gods can any body dare to mess with them.The day they do so ,That would be the day when Indian cricket would transform into a potential world cup winner candidate.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:17   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
After watching Jayasurya yesterday , the 1st thought that came to mind - you guessed it - Sachin Tendulkar.
How can you even compare the two? PLEASE dont insult Mr. Jayasuria.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:49   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
How can you even compare the two? PLEASE dont insult Mr. Jayasuria.
LOL. That was hilarious. But seriously, N_C, is that Star Report confirmed? It makes me want to scream blue murder. Damn!!!!!
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:13   #385
Senior - BHPian

Hey TypeO,

Star said they got the report from Cricket Board sources. Infact they even went to the extent of saying that the manager for the team during WC2007 , Mr Sanjay Jagdale also has his report on the same lines as Greg Chappell.

Now lets wait and watch. 6th April is the BCCI meet right ?

I have my fingers crossed - I hope they don't decide to make that JOKER - Mohinder Amarnath , the new coach. That would be like driving the FINAL NAIL into Indian Cricket's coffin.
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:32   #386
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
After watching Jayasurya yesterday , the 1st thought that came to mind - you guessed it - Sachin Tendulkar. About 3-4 years younger than Sanath and atleast 100 times more talented than Sanath, still look at the way Sanath played in a crunch situation yesterday.
I agree that Sachin at his best is (or should I say was?) technically much sounder than Sanath, and a much more attractive stroke player. But it is not quite the case that Sachin is 100 time more talented than Sanath. Jayasuriya is a very unorthodox player, whose quick eye, timing, placement and often just brute strength has completely terrorized bowlers around the world. Look at the way Jayasuriya played in the 1996 world cup. At his devastating best, his strike rate for the first 15 overs (without fielding restrictions) was often 150-200, something which Sachin never could hope to match. If you ask any bowler as to who he would rather bowl to, it would be Sachin without a doubt. What stands out is Jayasuriya's uncompromising attitude about how cricket should be played, and putting the team's cause above personal landmarks.

Yesterday I thought Jaywardene scored too slowly (82 off 113) but I think SL played to a plan -- get close to 300 and don't lose too many wickets in the process. Maybe the number of wickets lost will also count if it comes to a tie. Otherwise it is hard to see why Jayawardene pottered around *for so long*, with the likes of Silva, Dilshan and Vaas waiting in the wings. His slow scoring was initially understandable, given that SL lost two early wickets.

Last edited by rks : 2nd April 2007 at 17:37.
Old 3rd April 2007, 18:20   #387
Senior - BHPian

I kind of liked this article,at a time when all the who's who of indian cricket has just two words as to why India exited so early from the world cup

Greg Chappell.

How is Chappell responsible?

AS far as chappell continuing further as indian coach,most likely he is not ,the support staff has already been spotted packing their bags.With regards to the division in the indian team,TOI has also reported the article calling it revenge by ganguly and zaheer khan.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 3rd April 2007 at 18:27.
Old 3rd April 2007, 19:32   #388
Senior - BHPian

Cricinfo - Indian cricket needs a revolution

Good one too.

The Hindu News Update Service

one of the agenda for Greg C (to extract more from Sachin), targetting the same to get that position????????

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Cricinfo - Business mogul announces new cricket league

Last edited by Surprise : 3rd April 2007 at 19:40.
Old 3rd April 2007, 20:04   #389

i think Newzealand will take WC to their home
Old 3rd April 2007, 21:27   #390
BHPian

Zee launches Indian cricket league .. looks interesting
Closed Thread