Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2007, 22:00   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Zee launches Indian cricket league .. looks interesting

BCCI RESPONSE TO ZEE

Zee News - Parallel league not feasible without BCCI help: Lalit Modi

Last edited by Surprise : 3rd April 2007 at 22:04.
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:03   #392
Senior - BHPian

and a terrific prospect too... i am cheering for zee...but i do hope they do not follow in the footsteps of BCCI (to make money only)
Old 4th April 2007, 01:43   #393
BHPian

i still find it hard to believe..that india, a country having over 1 billion people and kids that play cricket in the streets and bylanes of every village, town, and city...cannot find a better playing 11 than these guys?
Old 4th April 2007, 11:39   #394
Senior - BHPian

Now Sachin lashes out against Greg. Says no one has questioned my attitude. And all members going to meet Sharad Pawar before the BCCI meeting. Greg is going to get roasted on the 6 th for pointing out flaws in our senior GOD players abilities and attitudes

Why can't we accept the truth that we did not perform ??

Sachin takes on Greg
Old 4th April 2007, 12:21   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Million dollar question N_C. The answer is also 'Million Dollars'. In endorsements.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:29   #396
Senior - BHPian

This is the last resort for our senior pros. The other choice would be face the chopping axe. this way they can blame someone for all their inadequacies & get selected for the tour to bangla in May & make merry & the whole nation would start worshipping them again. I LOVE CRICKET.

All this while a honest & straightforward coach will be humiliated & shunted out. Wonder which foreign coach will take up this assignment again.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:46   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Now Sachin lashes out against Greg. Says no one has questioned my attitude. And all members going to meet Sharad Pawar before the BCCI meeting. Greg is going to get roasted on the 6 th for pointing out flaws in our senior GOD players abilities and attitudes

Sachin takes on Greg
just to add .. read toi ... Sachin has accepted that we have failed and takes the responsibility

It hurts when coach questions our attitude, says Tendulkar-News-News-Cricket World Cup 2007 - Indiatimes Cricket

from TOI :
Quote:
Again, it's not that we are defending ourselves. We do realise that we played badly and, as a team, we take full responsibility for that. But what hurt us most is if the coach has questioned our attitude.

Last edited by navdeep : 4th April 2007 at 12:49.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:00   #398
BHPian

Sachinchoker, who cannot score runs when they matter, is shedding crocodile tears to hang on to his place lifetime membership of the national team. If the fans , and with them his sponsors ditch him, then and only then he will announce retirement from cricket, otherwise in which other field can one earn mega bucks with despite non performance of this kind.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:19   #399
Senior - BHPian

I have lost all respect for the once great sachin. I could never imagine he can stoop to such levels to hold on to this place.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:32   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have lost all respect for the once great sachin. I could never imagine he can stoop to such levels to hold on to this place.
This was my first reaction too,even if the seniors misbehaving comments where baseless I thought sachin was a mature enough guy to have not made his feelings public.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:41   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
This was my first reaction too,even if the seniors misbehaving comments where baseless I thought sachin was a mature enough guy to have not made his feelings public.
Serious allegations do merit responses... He's been quiet for all along when so many people criticizing his batting technique, run-scoring ability etc. But what's doubted here is his commitment/attitude. And that is an important thing for professionals.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:51   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Serious allegations do merit responses... He's been quiet for all along when so many people criticizing his batting technique, run-scoring ability etc. But what's doubted here is his commitment/attitude. And that is an important thing for professionals.

Nobody is perfect. We want him to be God. Lets post our opinions and not get judgmental/demanding that he should retire. He is mature and smart enough ( from all of us in cricket) to take his own decisions ( retire ). He has the right to speak what he feels. The day Chappel landed with Indian team he has been in controversies. Wright has been Indian coach but he was not as aggressive or political like Chappel. I am sure problem must have there in his era but he had abilities to get them sorted rather then being egoistic. Ganguly must have cursing himself many times why he supported the decision of Chappel being the coach of team India
Old 4th April 2007, 14:34   #403
Senior - BHPian

I think Greg Chappell is in the controversy because he likes to speak his mind and call a spade a spade. He does not beat around the bush or try to be diplomatic. And here in this country if you speak direct people get offended and thats what has exactly happened.

We all know Sachin's ability has diminished due to age or whatever factor and he does not perform in crucial matches ever. But have we said it openly ? Greg did it and hence we feel ....OH MY GOD what is Greg saying ? H e is talking about GOD like that , he can't. He is a gora lets stuff his mouth.

Indians cannot take criticism, period. We all could see how committed Sachin was in this World Cup. Infact rumours about him not wanting to bat lower down the order are doing rounds for quite a while now. If he was committed , he would have gladly done it.

Let us all accept the fact and move on. The only criteria should be performance now. Perform and stay , else thank you for your services we have better players around.
Old 4th April 2007, 14:52   #404
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Indians cannot take criticism, period. We all could see how committed Sachin was in this World Cup. Infact rumours about him not wanting to bat lower down the order are doing rounds for quite a while now. If he was committed , he would have gladly done it.
I agree. The reason the seniors jostle for the top spots in the batting order is obvious. They can afford to start slowly and make sure of 50 runs on the board against their names, and hence protect their sponsorship/endorsements. Whereas if you come in at Noes. 4-7, you could be under serious pressure to up the scoring rate from the word go. People like Yuvraj and Kaif have to suffer in place of our seniors at these lower-order spots. Talk about a selfish attitude. In contrast, take a look at Brian Lara. He was quite happy to come low down the order, I think even in this WC and definitely prior to it, in order to give a chance to promising youngsters. In fact commentators were cribbing that a player like Lara should not come so low down the order.

Last edited by rks : 4th April 2007 at 15:04.
Old 4th April 2007, 14:53   #405
BHPian

Chappell is a man full of politics. He wants to gain force by using the media. I think we'd be better of with replacing him. Indian cricket does not need a coach who's tenure was full of controversies in these times of crisis.

Agreed that the team has performed miserably, and Sachin too, but is it only the seniors that are to be blamed, and in this manner??? Why has he to target Sachin this time? Just because he's not doing well off late and there's a public outcry about his perfoemance? No one wonders what the other batsmen were doing (remember there are 6 others). Sources say that Sachin was hesitant in batting at no. 4, and wanted to open instead for obvious reasons. Did the team management respect his thinking. He has opened all his life and has said on numerous occassions that he preferred that spot. If he's failed in what you have forced him to do, why blame him?

Chappell has always said that he beleived in 'Perform or Perish'. Time to act upon some of his ideas and stop fooling around with Indian cricket.
Closed Thread