View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2007, 14:53   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I think Greg Chappell is in the controversy because he likes to speak his mind and call a spade a spade. He does not beat around the bush or try to be diplomatic. And here in this country if you speak direct people get offended and thats what has exactly happened.

We all know Sachin's ability has diminished due to age or whatever factor and he does not perform in crucial matches ever. But have we said it openly ? Greg did it and hence we feel ....OH MY GOD what is Greg saying ? H e is talking about GOD like that , he can't. He is a gora lets stuff his mouth.
How can you be so sure about Greg.

Quote:
Indians cannot take criticism, period. We all could see how committed Sachin was in this World Cup. Infact rumours about him not wanting to bat lower down the order are doing rounds for quite a while now. If he was committed , he would have gladly done it.
Rumors.. not sure right

Quote:
Let us all accept the fact and move on. The only criteria should be performance now. Perform and stay , else thank you for your services we have better players around.

Old 4th April 2007, 14:55   #407
Team-BHP Support

Whatever the case may be, I guess its now impossible for Greg to continue as the coach to the Indian team. As simple as that.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:01   #408
Senior - BHPian

Overall statistics get you wrong

Cricinfo - The real culprits

I guess, Dravid will be retained as captain, Greg will be axed, seniors will be retained ( & sachin will come back strongly)
Old 4th April 2007, 15:02   #409
Senior - BHPian

Really unfortunate that some people will easily believe anything all that a white skin individual says AND then damn our own guys who worked hard and contributed so much to the Indian Cricket in the past!

First, Sourav was the victim and now Sachin!

It is high time BCCI book a Economy class ticket on Qantas and send Mr.Greg back home!

Last edited by finneyp : 4th April 2007 at 15:18.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:04   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
Did the team management respect his thinking. He has opened all his life and has said on numerous occassions that he preferred that spot. If he's failed in what you have forced him to do, why blame him?
Excuse me , the team comes above anyone else's thinking. If the team management asked Sachin to bat in the middle and guide the team, why was he hesitant if he was committed ?

And someone asked me how am I so sure Greg ?

Lets go back to Zimbabwe , where Sourav came to the media with the news that he had been asked to step down by the coach because he was not performing with the bat. the truth which was printed later was that Greg asked Saurav to take a break for a couple of series and work on his batting and come back into the team. Nowhere did he mention that he should step down from captaincy. But dada went and turned the episode upside down and now these senior players say that Greg runs to the media ?

Infact there are reports that Saurav was questioned about his innning against both Bermuda and Bangladesh as it seemed he was playing for his place !

So now if a coach questions the attitude of some senior players after watching these performances , is he wrong ?
Old 4th April 2007, 15:07   #411
Senior - BHPian

btw - Greg is gone for sure now. And all seniors will be reinsated with their honours intact and some joker called Mohinder Amarnath ( sorry i have the greatest respect for him as a player not as a coach) becomes the coach.

When he was interviewed 2 years back for the coaching job, he was asked what was his vison for team India and how did he plan to go about it ?

Mohinder says , all players know what they have to do . They know how to bat and bowl. I will just talk and cheer them up and keep their spirits up.

Welcome Mohinder Amarnath , the NEW coach for Team India.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:31   #412
rks
BANNED

Quote:
When he was interviewed 2 years back for the coaching job, he was asked what was his vison for team India and how did he plan to go about it ?

Mohinder says , all players know what they have to do . They know how to bat and bowl. I will just talk and cheer them up and keep their spirits up.
Reminds me of a great ex-England player of the late 19th or early 20th century (I forget his name), who when captaining his county cricket side, used to set the field as follows: "All right chaps, spread yourselves around".

Seriously, Mohinder Amarnath's recipe will no longer work in this era of laptops and videos and action-replays and high-tech training methods. A coach of the Indian national team had better be tech-savvy, or else the team will suffer.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:37   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Excuse me , the team comes above anyone else's thinking. If the team management asked Sachin to bat in the middle and guide the team, why was he hesitant if he was committed ?
Just because he is most comfortable MAKING RUNS at the top of the order. In one day cricket, you give your best players the best oppurtunities. He should have opened and the result could have been better. I also felt that Dravid should have batted number at number 4. He has played the role of an anchor in the past and should have continued doing that.

But whatever has happened has happened. No point discussing this anymore.

Quote:
btw - Greg is gone for sure now. And all seniors will be reinsated with their honours intact and some joker called Mohinder Amarnath ( sorry i have the greatest respect for him as a player not as a coach) becomes the coach.
That will be going from bad to worse. Get some low profile, technically well equipped foreign coach with a decent temperament.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:43   #414
Senior - BHPian

I appreciate Greg for indicating Ganguly to take a break due to his repeated failure's in batting, Giving lots of chances to young guys, wanted to drop shewag (difference in opinion with Dravid too), wanted to have powar in place of h.singh(again difference in opinion with Dravid) & asked Sachin to bat lower down the order ( if he's a great batsmen, he need to bail out the team from the difficult positions)

Also he seems to be egoistic.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:44   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Very true. This is the easiest way out & that is what will be done & the dirt will be swept under the carpet & all our senior pros will head to bangla & have a 'great' series & say 'we told you so'. And the sponsorships will follow & everyone will forget this small fact that our seniors are still playing for their places & not for the team. Only one man will feel bad & who cares about him. we want our gods to eat manna, so we will give them. But Mohinder Amarnath as coach ? going at this rate, i would like to make him captain instead of coach & drop sachin.

Quote:

How stupid !!!
Old 4th April 2007, 15:49   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
Just because he is most comfortable MAKING RUNS at the top of the order. In one day cricket, you give your best players the best oppurtunities.

He failed to do that (scoring runs at top order). Once he gets out, it builds up additional pressure to the team. Thats why he was asked to bat lower down the order. Even if any of the opener fails, he is expected to consolidate the innings with Dravid leaving the slog overs to Yuvaraj, Dhoni and others
Old 4th April 2007, 15:52   #417
Senior - BHPian

Dravid gets more support from the Board & he is likely to be retained as captain. Dravid is the best batsmen, but not a good captain in my personal view

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
drop sachin.
Dream guys, Dream.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:53   #418
BHPian

Quote:
What if a person is not comfortable and contribute at the said position. Greg tested it. Sachin could not perform. Send him to position where he can contribute. Good he did not send Harbhajan for opening the innings with bat. He may have thought Harbhajan can be utilized better top of the order

Quote:
And someone asked me how am I so sure Greg ?
It was me who asked.

Quote:

Lets go back to Zimbabwe , where Sourav came to the media with the news that he had been asked to step down by the coach because he was not performing with the bat. the truth which was printed later was that Greg asked Saurav to take a break for a couple of series and work on his batting and come back into the team. Nowhere did he mention that he should step down from captaincy. But dada went and turned the episode upside down and now these senior players say that Greg runs to the media ?
Now how does that proves Greg will always be right. Although one cannot claim how authentic these reports are.

Quote:
So now if a coach questions the attitude of some senior players after watching these performances , is he wrong ?
No he is not .

Last edited by navdeep : 4th April 2007 at 16:01.
Old 4th April 2007, 16:05   #419
Senior - BHPian

'We didn't expect this from Sachin'

Let us wait and see where this takes.
Old 4th April 2007, 16:14   #420
BHPian

so who today eng or sL ?
Closed Thread