View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2007, 03:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
We Indians basically are a bunch of critics who sit on their asses and whimper all along
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm Indian, and I don't really like the way you put that.

Dude, khaadu, agreed, you love the BCCI club team. But, if the BCCI is the richest sport governing body in the world, why can't they produce one decent, consistent team? Why doesn't their team have a match-winning streak like Australia or South Africa? Why can't we win a World Cup or a Champions Trophy with ease? Why is every match a 50/50 chance? Why aren't we top of the bookies' list?

It's not like we don't have money. It's not like we don't have support. Or for that matter, a talent pool. I mean, ONE BILLION people man. That's a crapload of reserves out there.
Old 19th March 2007, 09:47   #62
BHPian

India plays Bermuda today .. lets wish them good luck and they go on to win with good margin , not only to boost their confidence but the runrate
Old 19th March 2007, 10:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand HOW it makes our abysmal performance any better by saying that Australia lost to someone or New Zealand lost to someone so its cool........I just think its ridiculous that way Dravid is being STUBBORN about playing an out of form guy game after game after game.

Can someone tell me why we are so full of double standards? Ganguly was dropped when he was out of form, no one was looking at his records then, why can't the same be applied to a Sehwag.....or even a Tendulkar?

ARROGANCE & A STUBBORN STREAK - a dangerous combination in a Captain. And I don't think anyone would have minded if we saw a few GOOD field settings or team selections - haven't seen any yet.

We all support India but this continuous BULL**** from Rahul Dravid must stop.........HIGH TIME!!!!!!
Old 19th March 2007, 10:13   #64
BHPian

IMHO, In case of Sehwag he is gambling and going by his instincts *that Sehwag will fire*. If he fires, we know about his capabilities.

And Ganguly's case was mishandled ..
Old 19th March 2007, 10:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Suman,

Yes, even I can't understand why Dravid is so stubborn on keeping Sehwag for today's match. Is he so dumb to see that Sehwag is way out of form ?

I guess Dravid is all set to loose his captaincy after the WC 2007. He hasn't shown any improvement as a skipper. We have already seen what keeping a player out does to the guy , they come back stronger like Saurav and Zaheer. Maybe they understand that their place in the team is not to be taken for granted.

Sehwag has to go back to his basics, play some domestic games, work on his faults , score runs and try and force his way back in.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
IMHO, In case of Sehwag he is gambling and going by his instincts *that Sehwag will fire*.
Well, he's gambling with the Nation's place in the World Cup finals & what gives him the right to do that I wonder........? And how many games is it going to take for him to realize that the gamble is not paying off?
Old 19th March 2007, 10:32   #67
BHPian

I hope we all are proved wrong and Dravid's wins his gamble. Sehwag fires and Indians are champs.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:44   #68
BHPian

I knew I would be ruffling some feathers with my comments and I was prepared for it. What else does it demonstrate when we read in the papers that the players are revolting against the BCCI for contracts that they want based on seniority rather than performance? Its like saying that I know I won't play well once my attention is diverted and so I need insurance which can only come my way if I act like this. I would like to clarify here that I don't have a problem with the money that any player is earning provided it should no get to your head. If we look at the performance graph of any player, we will probably notice that their averages are going down as their bank balances are going up. We have a habit of blaming a players 'form' for everything bad and his 'talent' for everything good. Why is it that only Indian players have this problem? Is the Australian team super human? Why are their players never out of form? Probably the answer is directly proportional to the amount of money they earn. I would not hesitate in stating that corruption has step into the Indian team like it is there in our politics. The best way to get the Indian players to perform would be to make them sign contracts which forbid them from doing advertisements while they are employed by the BCCI for consideration to be included in the Indian team. These chaps earn by the dozens each year from BCCI and this should be good enough for them. Plus some players in India are employees of some company or govt. department or the other which is also bringing them income.

Now on TV I don't understand why Jadeja is advocating for keeping Sehwag in the team! I know Sehwag is a maverick and can do wonders. I don't doubt his ability. I know if he strikes form we will have a winner in our hands but for God's sake, that fellow is 'OUT OF FORM'! We cannot wait there for him to strike form at the expense of a billion hopes! Get him out for now and get a winning combination in. Be confident, pick 5 bowlers.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

*yawn* another loss, another gutless performance, its a different thing to loose, but to loose the way they did aganist bangladesh and did you have a look at their faces, not even a speck of emotion infact I could see some gigling and smiling. One knock on a flat, dead wicket can make you an overnight star, a demi god amongst the public.... thanks to our great media and the people too. The media especially here is absurd, heck we have more national issues to be taken care off than cricket and ash-abhishek wedding. Aaj Tak for one can't have enough of the tarrot thingie for world cup, in this hush hush of the world cup nobody would have noticed our general budget was passed in 15 minutes, which decides where and how tax payers money amounting to 7 lakh crores would be spent, the FM had to come out of the parliament and announce the major points in front of the media, all politicans were thinking of is to how to gain max mileage out of the Nandigram issue. After the victory aganist WI in the warm up game the same channel was going ga ga over the team as how would they steam roll the competition and win the world cup! Just another victory over any team and we would forget everything, even the fact that we were not able to reach even the super 8 in the WC (I so badly want it to happen). Those who say we are a bunch of critics who whimper all day long, dude its because we want our team to win, they have the best facilities, all the money and fame in this part of the world, the richest cricket board in the world, the support of a billion people and crores of rupees spent on hiring the best coach and the aggregates and to see them surrender meekly in front of a team like bangladesh hurts... hurts like hell. The problem is they are not a team, they arent playing for "India", they dont value the india cap... heck earn money while the fans and the public sulk afterall who cares, just another victory and everything would be forgotten. We are a one game nation, but I dont think the average Indian has the intelligence to understand other games... so be it. I for one don't care (not after this loss, mind you) whether a loss or a win... I have loads of other stuff to watch and I dont even have to waste a full day of my life to see us loose.

Petrol heads... did anyone watch F1 and kimi winning! yayyyy!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th March 2007 at 10:53.
Old 19th March 2007, 12:42   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
But, if the BCCI is the richest sport governing body in the world, why can't they produce one decent, consistent team? Why doesn't their team have a match-winning streak like Australia or South Africa? Why can't we win a World Cup or a Champions Trophy with ease? Why is every match a 50/50 chance
Hey, What does money have to do with talent ... or the killer instinct . We have to accept that we dont have the killer instinct that a lot of other teams do and that could be for various reasons . Its something that you born with , and overall we Indians have always been a demure nation . And that doesnt mean that I dont luv my country or crap like that .... I just am saying what is a fact -- we are full of couch surfers who think we know it all .

As for the situation of the Indian team .. even I'm depressed that we didnt win but that doesnt mean I go out breaking , vandalising the players homes and things . Sometime pressure is what makes you perform well under par , the bangla boys had nothing to lose so they went out and took theirr chances and on that day it worked for them . Maybe Dhoni shud have also swung his bat at the ball that got him out , and what if he had been caught in the deep -- half the nation wud have gotten up and screamed wondering why he had to play an expansive shot just when he walked in .

Maybe you dont realise it but they too wanna win as much as we want them to .. and they do put in their best bt on some days it just aint good enuff . So that doesnt mean we go holleringt about their bank accounts and stuff . Where are we or why dont we all HOLLER when there is a scam in our army or when our politicians are busy making money ?? I somehow dont see anyone going out and breaking their homes or abusing them ... WONDER WHY ??

And yes I agree Sehwag shud be dropped and maybe Kartik shud come in as hes in form .... and we need a HUGE victory to stay in contention coz it definitely looks as if its gonna get down to the Net Run rate to go in to the Super 8 . Anyways, lets just keep cheering them .... and hope they mange doing it .

COME ON INDIA ..........
Old 19th March 2007, 12:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
India plays Bermuda today .. lets wish them good luck and they go on to win with good margin , not only to boost their confidence but the runrate
I guess the below

a. Srilanaka beat Bangladesh by better margin that what Bangladesh did it for India

b. India perform at a better rate than Bangladesh against Bermuda (guessing bermuda getting defeated by both Bangladesh and India)

c. India winning against Srilanka

India through for the super 8
Old 19th March 2007, 12:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes I agree Sehwag shud be dropped and maybe Kartik shud come in as hes in form
Karthik wouldn't be in any form if he is chopped & dropped like he is being done now. he scores good runs & remains not out in the last match he played & sehwag gets out for 2, but karthik is dropped & sehwag is retained. What sort of a logic is this ?

Quote:
corruption has step into the Indian team like it is there in our politics

India plays Bermuda today .. lets wish them good luck
Why aren't we top of the bookies' list?
What !! corruption has step in ? then what was that which stepped in 15 years back ? Are we not always on the bookies' minds ??

Quote:
It's not like we don't have money. It's not like we don't have support. Or for that matter, a talent pool. I mean, ONE BILLION people man. That's a crapload of reserves out there.
Arre baba, money or support cannot buy you everything. And having 1 billion talent pool does not mean anything. In what other sport or activity is India leading other than the population race ? At least, the Indian cricket team is known in cricketing circles & india is respected for being the most fertile cricket marketing country.
Old 19th March 2007, 13:05   #73
BHPian

looking at their performance against Bangladesh and their current form, I would be surprised if we manage to win against the Lankans. I think India will only win today's match and will have to work towards the 2011 WC after that. I don't give our team 10% chances against Sri Lanka. So the WC is over atleast for me.

I agree with Khadu on the point that there should be no vandalism against the player's houses or businesses. Play the game with the spirit of the game and don't be hooligans. Anyways, we Indians have a short memory and if our team goes to the super 8's we will forget the thrashing at the hands of the banglas and start afresh. So lets hope against hope that we win against the Lankans.
Old 19th March 2007, 17:53   #74
mfb

Hey friends,

What the heck do I hear.

Bob Woolmer has been poisoned and killed as Pak cricket team didn't perform.

What a sad way...lived for cricket and died for it...may his soul rest in peace.

-MFB
Old 19th March 2007, 18:35   #75
BHPian

India lost the toss and is batting first. The team still does not trust its batting? Why then have they still got 4 bowlers and 7 batsmen? What say guys?
Closed Thread