Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th June 2004, 09:38   #1

Hi guys,
This is my first post here. I'm from bangalore and currently stepping into my PG program.
Currently looking for a second hand ford ikon.
Which model?
What's the expected cost?
Where to buy?
My budget is around 3.5. Maybe I can extend it upto 4lakhs.
I donno. So, I need some help here.
Thnx.
powerrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2004, 14:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey powerrage
nice to have you here
im from mumbai but out here you can get an 2001 ikon 1.6 zxi done 30000 km with alloys and fogs and spoiler and all the power stuff for 3.5
look for similar deals there , you may find some interesting deals from brokers or from the paper or even from sites which house a second hand cars list ..........
cheers
lamborghini
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 13:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

make an add in free adds as well as get all the issues.. u will find some genuine buys.. try ford dealers they might also have some decent trade in cars..

car bazaars hunt around the city during the weekend u can see loads of options.. dont jump into any buy, take it to a proper mech n get it cleared then only pay up..
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2004, 16:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Theres one in Bangalore posted in www.indiacar.com today - but take your time, there are plenty of them out there so you can afford to walk if you see a problem
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2004, 15:49   #5

lamborghini, thanx for the help.
jaggu and ajmat, thanks to u guys too.

I'll be heading to the ford showroom(metro Ford) here in bangalore by this weekend. But I have a question for u guys if u could only suggest.

Question is: suppose I find a car, u guys suggest that I should take it to a mechanic isn't it? Currently I donno any mechanics for ford here. Should I go to some unknown mechanic? Is it OK? What should I ask the mechanic to check for? General checkup? Sorry if i'm dumb but just want to make sure.
Old 22nd June 2004, 15:57   #6
BANNED

hey powerage, I'm sure there must b sumone from Bangalore around here who will know a mech and wud b glad to introduce u.
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2004, 16:13   #7
Tom
BHPian

where do u stay...my friend has a garage near Naga theatre. I bought my car thru a dealer but inspected by my friend.
And everything was over the phone. Thats how reliable the guy is. Let me know if u stay somewhere in that area.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2004, 13:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ June 22 2004,14:43)]where do u stay...my friend has a garage near Naga theatre. I bought my car thru a dealer but inspected by my friend.
And everything was over the phone. Thats how reliable the guy is. Let me know if u stay somewhere in that area.

best guy to get your car checked by, call TOM and he can take you there.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2004, 23:54   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ June 22 2004,14:43)]where do u stay...my friend has a garage near Naga theatre. I bought my car thru a dealer but inspected by my friend.
Thank you Tom for the support. I can come to Naga Theatre surroundings, when I find a good car I will contact you. But I do not stay near Naga Theatre, put up near basaweshwarnagar. If you check your emails regularly, drop your email so that I can contact you when I find my car. Thanks again man.
Old 24th June 2004, 13:02   #10
Team-BHP Support

yup same mech i used to take my esteem, a great guy and a honest one who knows his work, u can find the garage after naga theater, then comes solar automobiles go further ahead and u will see the small shop.. take it there and he will give u a honest opeinion and also some idea of the market price also..
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 16:35   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ June 24 2004,11:32)]yup same mech i used to take my esteem, a great guy and a honest one who knows his work, u can find the garage after naga theater, then comes solar automobiles go further ahead and u will see the small shop.. take it there and he will give u a honest opeinion and also some idea of the market price also..
Hey, thanks. I will go to him if he can give me an idea of market place for sure. Can you mention to me the name of that guy as well as the garage? Also can you tell me where else to look for(anyone reliable that you might be knowing)?Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 24th June 2004, 16:41   #12
BHPian

the guys name is stevan and the garage is called "kannaiah's auto garage".
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 19:41   #13
Tom
BHPian

yes it's the small garage near Maruthi-Solar NEar Naga theatre.
you dont have to call me jus land up with the car. Stepehen wont accept money...so if u happen to buy a car inspected by him least you shuld do is get ur car serviced there.

You can mention our names -Arjun - JK -Tom

Happy Hunting!
Old 24th June 2004, 19:43   #14
Tom
BHPian

You can buy ir car from any dealer u want. Stephen will only help in the inspection part and you dont need another guy to do that...trust me!
Old 29th June 2004, 01:37   #15

hi, i am amit frm mumbai i have a 2002 1.6 zxi ikon black in excellent con for 3.10 lacs. u can contact me on 9869232522.

amit
shahmotors is offline   Reply With Quote