|View Poll Results: Do you have picture/emblem of God on your car?|
|Yes - visible (eg. on dash)||81||58.27%|
|Yes - but not visible from outside (eg. inside glove box)||12||8.63%|
|Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll|
| || |
|LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th April 2007, 23:00||#47|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 387 Times
And i do not have anything against people who do. Peace.
|6th April 2007, 23:53||#48|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
|7th April 2007, 00:56||#49|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 9 Times
I have placed the picture of sai baba in my parcel shelf (adventure). I havent pasted it because i havent got the picture i wanted.
I wanted a picture in which baba is siting (near peppal) wearing white clothes. I am in search of it.
|7th April 2007, 10:55||#51|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked: 14 Times
I have full respect for your views as well. I had said " to each his own " in the beginning of my post.
Absolutely no offence meant to any one , Believer / non believer / rationalist / agnostic / whatever.
Last edited by w 12 : 7th April 2007 at 11:12.
|7th April 2007, 12:05||#53|
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
Slightly off topic:
Putting a sticker/idol(Symbol) is personal choice for religious believers. I found having a idol/sticker helps(atleast for me) in following ways to me(for others it may differ or they may have different openion):
* When I start car, I can pray for preferred divinity about my/other-safetey on road . That Symbol REMINDS me about such prayer -- one can do this thing without such Symbol(but it is a personal choice)
* When ever some traffic incident(persons, traffic situation, some despair condition while driving) that irritates, this Symbol can give some positive feelings -- which I cannot describe. The incident can some rule breaking guy comes from left & overtakes, etc. At that point there is no point of getting irritated and make myself full of negative feelings.
* I feel always guilty(this point again may be controversial,my personal feeling and not meant to offend any one's openion), if my car CAN contain stickers of Concorde(my car dealer); my comany gate-pass-stickers; or some teddy bears at front/back;some stickers of dogs at rear;self mad body graphics;etc, BUT NOT of the Almighty-Symbol who has given me all things. Yes I can keep(& keeping) that feeling in my heart. But this feeling is reinforced by having such Symbol in the car -- just like doing self-hipnotism before mirror, or saying to self that we CAN-DO something for solving difficult problems that do arise in our daily life.
* I do agree with some members that this feelings can be kept in side heart(not to show others, keep it in MIND-only). As we are controlled by 5-SENSES and MIND, I want to beef up positive feelings via MIND + SENSES(Symbol -EYE, Devot-Music- EAR,etc) also -- different people can have diff. approaches, but no one can say that theirs is best. IMHO any approach is good as long as we don't hurt others/other's feelings either by mentally/phycially/verbally.
* I also agree with other members, just by having these Symbol in car, that person really may be something else(which should be taken-care/judged by that person only) -- you see world is so complex
Last edited by Suryam : 7th April 2007 at 12:09.
|7th April 2007, 15:55||#54|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Idol of Lord Ganesh on the Dash...
All my life I have believed that i have a 36 ka aakda with this particular deity, things happing the opposite of whts intended whenever i pray to him etc etc...
Yet i went and affixed the idol on the Dash...
Now i wonder why my car keeps getting hit so frequently
Last edited by ajayclicks : 7th April 2007 at 15:57.
|9th April 2007, 11:59||#55|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vikhroli, Mumbai, India
Thanked: 18 Times
|21st November 2010, 11:18||#56|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 48 Times
Maintained my car clean of any idols or stickers until I got married. Then one of the first things my wife did was put a ganesha idol on the dash .
Anyway that car is no longer around. Now I need to say ridiculous stories of sticker glue being carcinogenic inside a car's closed cabin, to keep the new car clean .
|23rd November 2010, 11:29||#58|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked: 471 Times
I have a lord Ganesha's idol placed in one of the cubby spaces provided in front of the gear assy in my Fiesta. This idol is not stuck/pasted upon my wife insistance.
IMO the idol or for that matter anything on the dashboard is distraction esp those springy ones which clatter whenever the car moves on rough surface.
|27th November 2010, 18:25||#59|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked: 17 Times
imo, thats quite a tacky thing to do. Especially the sticking on the dash. Then in the same car you will see the guy drinking, smoking weed etc in front of the idol. What a joke,.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|In Search Of “The God” – In God’s Own Country, Kerala||MadBiker||Travelogues||73||27th July 2012 11:35|
|SCOOP! Tata's One Lac Car - REAL PICTURE! And a debate on its suitability and impact.||Steeroid||The Indian Car Scene||292||4th February 2008 01:45|