Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th April 2007, 19:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

those picture are disturbing and is sad to see this happen.
i wish all those hurt a speedy recovery!

i think its about time the government made some Rules where all the Heavy Vehicle Drivers have to undergo a trainig session like the VOLVO bus and lorry drivers do and the SPEED LIMITERS fixed on these HEAVYTRUCKS.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 20:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

The drivers of these dumper trucks (with the hydraulic tipping mechanism) are generally the ones that rush like mad. They try to make as many trips as possible per day to maximize their profits.

In Kerala there were several accidents involving these trucks (carrying sand, granite, mud etc.) which is why now they are getting speed governors with 60kmph max speed. This has been made compulsory in the state now. But I am not sure if that is going to succeed or not. These trucks are called killer trucks.

The long distance truck drivers are much more sedate and well behaved.

If the people in the 800 survived, that is a miracle.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote