Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th May 2007, 18:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Stupidity of our people knows no bounds. The big bosses say something and all the chota motas go around trying to prove a point !!! Mindless violence, death and destruction is the result.
they say something, but they actually encourage their chota motas to interpret it in the worst ways, so that later they can deny initiating it.

do you think that person will be penalised? or rewarded with a higher position in the COMPANY, for his acts.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 20:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjacobraj View Post
Do not bring in Dravidian here and make it politics. We all know what happened in Gujarat, West Bengal, Maharastra and Karnataka where there is no Dravidian party.
Read what i wrote properly. I said "so called" dravidian parties. If at all there exist a dravidian race, i will never consider these guys as their representatives.

Btw, what happened in other states are no justification for what these guys are doing.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 20:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

I got this from Chennai US consulate via Email since my son is registered there.

Quote:
American citizens residing in or visiting India should be aware that traffic and other movements in Chennai (Tamil Nadu) are expected to be very difficult in the city and outlaying areas during the afternoon and evening of Friday, May 11, 2007. Up to one million people and 30,000 vehicles are expected to enter the city in conjunction with commemorations of Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi's 50th year as a member of the Legislative Assembly. It is likely that traffic will be severely affected in and around the city from 4:00 p.m. onwards, with roads near the Island Grounds and connecting the airport and the Island Grounds as well as major intersections leading to these roads most affected. Similar events in the past have been relatively peaceful.
While the likelihood of disturbances is small, the Consulate General wishes to remind American citizens that demonstrations in India can occur or escalate spontaneously and pose risks to travelers' personal safety. American citizens may wish to restrict their movements, and they should take care to avoid large gatherings of people in the street, maintain a low profile, and should monitor news reports regarding the location of any demonstrations that may occur.
Who is paying for this and how much city life will be disrupted for this? 10 lakh visitors!!!
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 20:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I got this from Chennai US consulate via Email since my son is registered there.

Who is paying for this and how much city life will be disrupted for this? 10 lakh visitors!!!
Where do you think all the slush funds go? Organizing rallies, getting people for it, paying them Rs.50 a day with biriyani and booze. These are common tactics across political parties to draw crowds. The bigger the event, the great the budget.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 20:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
to the people who encourage (not necessarily initiate) these, the number of dead is just numbers. the bigger, the better.
i correct myself. it's just the numbers. the bigger, the better.

who cares about public and economy.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote