Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th August 2007, 09:20   #31
BHPian

With the emerging details, it seems that the state govt. and police is to blame. Whatever be the reason, it is the common man's life which has been lost. I wonder when will We the People wake up and create a mass movement and get rid of all these self-centered and dirty politicians. May the souls of those lost Rest in Peace.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 09:21   #32
BANNED

guys some college students also died who came from mumbai for industrial tour here in hyderabad.,.....
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 10:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
With the emerging details, it seems that the state govt. and police is to blame. Whatever be the reason, it is the common man's life which has been lost.
I am sorry for being harsh. Blaming police and govt for everything is not a solution. Everytime after any unwanted incident we keep hearing security lapse, center's warning being ignored etc. You got to understand that we are dealing with cities with 6 million+ people. The common men like you and me need to stand up and point out the culprits.

And who were those people throwing stoned at vehicles and police immediately after the incidents? How on earth are they helping the situation?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 11:34   #34
BHPian

Default absolute truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I am sorry for being harsh. Blaming police and govt for everything is not a solution. Everytime after any unwanted incident we keep hearing security lapse, center's warning being ignored etc. You got to understand that we are dealing with cities with 6 million+ people. The common men like you and me need to stand up and point out the culprits.

And who were those people throwing stoned at vehicles and police immediately after the incidents? How on earth are they helping the situation?
Thats because of stupid mass hysteria.

Initial hints on TV suggested Jaish-E-Mohammed or some thing like that. Blasts happened in two places laser show grounds at Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat a very popular chat joint at Kothi. TV footage was gruesome.

The best solution is for every one to be alert and report any thing suspicious. Police alone can not simply can not guarantee every body´s safety. Given the population its close to impossible to monitor all public places, shopping malls, .. Also we want our freedom right, park any where and every where, do not have discipline in queues, how in the world can our police protect us. If there is a rule we always try to violate it, is that how we help law enforcement ?

May the souls of victims rest in peace.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 11:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh dear, I saw this on the headlines today morning. Hope everyones fine and so are you near & dear ones.

This is so SAD, targetting innocent people. Hope we do not see any of these kind of attacks now on. Security should start pulling up their socks.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 12:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Imagine, there was a Team-BHP meet somewhere around Lumbini Park on Aug 15th !! If I remember right, BlackPearl from Calcutta also participated (I could not). Even his hotel was a stone's throw away from the park.
Keep safe, guys! Avoid crowded places till Ganesh Puja is over.
Let us pray we are not subjected to more incidents like this.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 12:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

I hope they get to the bottom of this. i.e. catch the masterminds behind this cowardly act. Last thing we need is an Al-Qaida style terrorism to mushroom in India.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 14:34   #38
Team-BHP Support

This is one of the most horrible incidents in recent time. It could also possibly be the biggest in the last decade as headcounts keep increasing it will be confirmed.

I used to be a frequent visitor to Gokul chat until a few years ago and it is always jam packed with people enjoying those hot snacks. Feel sad for them, a quick stop there ended their lives.

I stay away from crowded places during weekends as thats exactly what these &^%$*# target. Hyderabad folks, be very careful during the upcoming ganesh festival, if i am not wrong it is the secong biggest ( in terms of crowd gathering) in whole country. May god bless all those people's soul and RIP.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 15:49   #39

I was shocked to hear about the blasts esp at gokul chat. The place is visited by young college goin crowd and the place is well known for its chaat. Definately its the state/central government whoz should be held responsible for the security/intelleligence lapse. What is the point of spending crores n crores of bucks on defence when you cant find out about a single blast. This never happened in Naidu's tenure??
ravimittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 20:16   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal View Post
I was shocked to hear about the blasts esp at gokul chat. The place is visited by young college goin crowd and the place is well known for its chaat. Definately its the state/central government whoz should be held responsible for the security/intelleligence lapse. What is the point of spending crores n crores of bucks on defence when you cant find out about a single blast. This never happened in Naidu's tenure??
Its quite easy to say that. Did you ever wonder there could be a political angle to this story? Naidu wanting to come back to power. Do you recall the latest cockfight between Naidu and Reddy in the assembly?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 22:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody from Hyderabad please comment on the contents of this rediff story?
Bin Laden's shadow in Hyderabad

Quote:
influence of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba and the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami was so pervasive in the local Muslim community that many members of the community kept in their houses pictures of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf
The tentacles of evil is pervasive - even in Kerala, several months back, a bus was hijacked and burnt, but the passengers were spared. Going by the eye witness accounts, the hijackers were extremely well trained to deal with hostages and keep them calm and quiet. The culprits were not nabbed, as usual, and the police claims it has has no clue about what happened. What is worrying is that the people are trained enough to hijack air planes and eye wtness accounts have not set off alarm bells among police circles.
The hijackers were demanding release of their leader, and yes, he was released, to a rousing welcome from both the ruling and opposition in Kerala.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 22:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

i gues by staying indoors and shirking away from meeting and continuing with your normal life - the objective of - striking terror- has been achieved. WE need to Continue with our life - tell those cowards - that no matter what - WE prevail!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 02:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

One really doesnt know what to feel at a time like this

Sad? Frustrated? Angry? Hopeless?

RIP to all those who lost their lives.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 10:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

It's sad that political parties are trying to get extra weight out of these blasts. BJP called for a state bandh today. Even TDP (Naidu's party) may call for another bandh soon. They don't want people to get back to normal. I remember people in Mumbai were happy that the life got back to normal very quickly after the recent train blasts.

After the blasts i expected police to tape the blast sites and restrict people from entering the spots. That could spoil whatever little evidence is available. But the politicians, media, crowd everybody were freely walking all over the place.

May the poor souls who lost their life rest in peace.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 11:08   #45
BHPian

Sad as it is, there is an article in Todays TOI which puts India the second most terrorism targeted country after Iraq!!!
The article says We are ahead of Afghan, Pak and other countries!!! God Save Us.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote