Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 16:52   #151
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Planning to go for Kent Grand RO+UV water purifier.
Any info on the following will help.
1. Maintenance costs - parts replacement and AMC
2. Good dealer to buy and Service in Bangalore
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 13:11   #152
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Had to drop earlier plans due to various reasons & now thinking about it again. The problems are:

1. Our apartment does not have fresh water supply...
2. I am tired of drinking can water knowing that its not clean enough. Every time the water has a different taste. Kent guy claims it to be from kormangla taalaab.

I earlier did a TDS test of normal tap water in the kitchen (borewell i think) & the TDS number was 900+.

What should i do to get clean drinking water:
1. Get a high-end model water purifier to be fitted to normal tap water?
OR
2. Order bisleri 20lts can from their website - assuming they will deliver it without tampering?
3. Dont see any option here.

Last edited by quadra : 17th August 2011 at 13:15.
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:13   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 447 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Hi,
I have a bit different requirement. the Municipality water is bad, dirty. during water scarcity, society orders local tankers, quality is even worst; filled in basement tank, eventually pumped to overhead tank and supplied to individual flats. If I fill a bucket of this water for few hours, could see 'muddy' deposits on the bottom. I cant get my house's overhead tank cleaned every month. I have a AquaGuard running fine since 7-8 years for drinking/cooking purposes (this upgrade is not urgent to talk about). But the direct dirty water is used for bathing etc which is a very big concern to me, especially in monsoon like season.

I tried small cheapo filter and even cloth tied on the tap, but not of much use.

has anybody come across filter, which could be attached to taps in bathroom ?

thanks,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 15:22   #154
BHPian
 
Pallavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

@quadra,
I would suggest you go for RO+UV water purifier. You can get clean water any time and works out cheaper than Bisleri, considering the amount of water used for cooking and drinking. One more advantage is that you are sure that clean water is available all the time. Delivery of Bisleri cans suffers when there is a transport strike or the delivery boy isnt available....

@Pranav,
Check out ZeroB Multigrade filter.

Last edited by Pallavi : 17th August 2011 at 15:27.
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:16   #155
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 968
Thanked: 433 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Had to drop earlier plans due to various reasons & now thinking about it again. The problems are:

1. Our apartment does not have fresh water supply...
2. I am tired of drinking can water knowing that its not clean enough. Every time the water has a different taste. Kent guy claims it to be from kormangla taalaab.

I earlier did a TDS test of normal tap water in the kitchen (borewell i think) & the TDS number was 900+.

What should i do to get clean drinking water:
1. Get a high-end model water purifier to be fitted to normal tap water?
OR
2. Order bisleri 20lts can from their website - assuming they will deliver it without tampering?
3. Dont see any option here.
If the TDS level is 900+ you need a RO water purifier. This water is not suitable for consumption (cooking and drinking). Hence your option is to buy an RO water purifier. A 20 Litre can will last only 2 days.
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:27   #156
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
@quadra,
I would suggest you go for RO+UV water purifier. You can get clean water any time and works out cheaper than Bisleri, considering the amount of water used for cooking and drinking. One more advantage is that you are sure that clean water is available all the time. Delivery of Bisleri cans suffers when there is a transport strike or the delivery boy isnt available....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
If the TDS level is 900+ you need a RO water purifier. This water is not suitable for consumption (cooking and drinking). Hence your option is to buy an RO water purifier. A 20 Litre can will last only 2 days.
Thanks Pallavi & Pramod. A known is using kent grand+ connected to regular tap water so i am inclined towards this model. And since this model allows to control the TDS, he has set it to 100.

BTW, what are you guys using for drinking water?
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:30   #157
BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 968
Thanked: 433 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks Pallavi & Pramod. A known is using kent grand+ connected to regular tap water so i am inclined towards this model. And since this model allows to control the TDS, he has set it to 100.

BTW, what are you guys using for drinking water?

I am using a Kent Grand ( RO + UV) water purifier for the past 1 year.
pramodpk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:36   #158
BHPian
 
Pallavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

We have been using a local make 6-stage RO purifier (Aqua Excellz) since 3+ years. They service the purifier (clean the filters & check water inlet/outlet) every 4 months. If you take their AMC, they change all the filters once every year. The purifier costs much less than Kent or AquaGuard. The TDS levels of purfied water have always been around 60.

We have purchased a TDS indicator to make sure that guy is not showing wrong TDS numbers when he comes for servicing.

Last edited by Pallavi : 17th August 2011 at 16:39.
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 23:27   #159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 447 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
---
@Pranav,
Check out ZeroB Multigrade filter.
Hello Pallavi,
thanks. I had read about this, but it says only of filter element, not the entire unit.
Even I spoke to Kent for their TapGuard (KENT RO) - but they didnt recomment for my specific requirement. I have been speaking to few local mfgs and would update about the developments.

FYI - came across AR WATER FILTERS - I have just put an e-inquiry.

thanks,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 15:39   #160
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I am extremely satisfied with EcoCrystal RO Elite version of water purifier.
How much it costed you?
Can you please share their contact details? Contact Us page is not loading.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 15:45   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,270
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
How much it costed you?
Can you please share their contact details? Contact Us page is not loading.
It cost me around 11.5K 2 years back. Absolutely satisfied with it. Here is contact details.


Ecocrystal Private Limited
Survey no : 114,
Site no: 115 / 116,
Rajapalya, Hoodigarden,
Whitefield Road,
Mahadevapura Post,
Bangalore - 560048
Karnataka
INDIA



Tel: +91-80-28416952
+91-80-28416953
Fax: +91-80-28416953
E-mail: info@ecocrystal.in
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 11:26   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
We have been using a local make 6-stage RO purifier (Aqua Excellz) since 3+ years. They service the purifier (clean the filters & check water inlet/outlet) every 4 months. If you take their AMC, they change all the filters once every year. The purifier costs much less than Kent or AquaGuard. The TDS levels of purfied water have always been around 60.

We have purchased a TDS indicator to make sure that guy is not showing wrong TDS numbers when he comes for servicing.
Pallavi, is their website, .:: aquaexcell.co.in ::. ? Which model are you using? Do they change RO membrane also as part of the AMC or is that an additional cost?
Which TDS indicator are you using and is it available in Bangalore?

Sorry for multiple questions.
I also am looking for a RO purifier and a TDS meter. I am in discussions with Morf India, regarding the purifier. They charge extra for RO membrane change.
I saw few TDS meter models from HM Digital on the net. Not sure whether they are avilable in India.
skaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:09   #163
BHPian
 
Pallavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Pallavi, is their website, .:: aquaexcell.co.in ::. ? Which model are you using? Do they change RO membrane also as part of the AMC or is that an additional cost?
Which TDS indicator are you using and is it available in Bangalore?

Sorry for multiple questions.
I also am looking for a RO purifier and a TDS meter. I am in discussions with Morf India, regarding the purifier. They charge extra for RO membrane change.
I saw few TDS meter models from HM Digital on the net. Not sure whether they are avilable in India.
Yes, thats their website. We are using Crystal Dew.

There are different types of AMCs. You can opt for the one suited for you. We have taken an all inclusive AMC, which covers filters & RO membrane.

My husband purchased the TDS indicator online. I need to check the bill for the site info.

Please drop a PM if you have any queries.
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:46   #164
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Thanks, Pallavi.
I decided on Morf. Looks like the HM TDS-3 meter is available in India. Checking the prices.
skaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 11:20   #165
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Hi,

question for owners of Kent water purifier. does it really cost Rs 5000 per year for AMC. this is the rate quoted by Jaya Nagar, Bangalore center
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier raj84 Modifications & Accessories 51 24th July 2017 17:35
Recommended shops in Pune - Alloy Wheels & Tyres vinodbijlani Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 19th April 2014 09:00
Recommended shops in Bangalore theMAG Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 27 14th September 2012 01:25
in-car Air Purifier - Does it work? amu1983 Modifications & Accessories 1 8th March 2009 23:12
Recommended Sub For Alpine MDR-M -1001 2000 Watt Monoblock Tool In-Car Entertainment 45 6th June 2006 02:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks