Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:02   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

RO based water purifiers is amust for all who depend on borewell water, about 5+ears back the borewell water started to taste bad and thate when we asked for a demo from eureka forbes and the water looked more dangerous next moment we got the RO filter and been using it from then on...

hallik9, you can to to eureka forbes guys they will tranfer the AMC to your new purifier, that is if you pick ef product only we did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Folks,
I have a Eureka forbes water purifier and have been using it for the last 2 years now.I also have an AMC which I purchased for 2 years till 2011 end.
Now that I have shifted to my new apartment(the water is pretty hard here),I've been thinking of changing to a RO based water purifier.
2 questions.
Will any showroom offer me an exchange for a new RO based purifier?
Which is the best purifier considering that the borewell water in my apartment is pretty hard?
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 10:15   #122
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Question re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
RO based water purifiers is amust for all who depend on borewell water, about 5+ears back the borewell water started to taste bad and thate when we asked for a demo from eureka forbes and the water looked more dangerous next moment we got the RO filter and been using it from then on...
The Eureka Forbes sales guy did a check on the TDS for borewell and BWSSB supply, and it came out as 160 for borewell and 190 for BWSSB supply.

Would you still suggest RO based water purifier for these TDS levels?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:45   #123
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Question Re: High Radon in borewell water across Bílore

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I think even the regular UV filter with activated Carbon would remove radon from drinking water.

However, Radon isn't good even in bathing water, since you would be inhaling it.
But they say, the radon gas will escape when you store it in overhead tank for couple of hours. This should mitigate the risk.

Has anyone got Zero B Emerald? It is a compact wall-mount RO based water purifier from ion exchange, competing with Kent Mineral RO.

Please share your experience.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 14:52   #124
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Can anyone help me with deciding between kent grand+ vs Aquaguard total sensa? They both are top of the line models.

Initial experience: (Pre-pre-sales)
Kent were quick to give a demo. Aquaguard have not even called up yet. I registered on their sites on the same day (one after the other).

Pointers (Need your help here)
> Price - 17k approx (for either of those)
> A.S.S - Kent comes with 1 year warranty. Next year onwards its 500 approx for a year of service. Aquaguard = no clue.
> Technology - Apart from only knowing the name of the technology (ro / uv / tds etc) i know absolutely nothing.
TDS controller = Configurable in Kent ~ Constant in AquaG.
Reverse flush (read it here) = N/a in Kent ~ No clue about AquaG.

Water availability in my apartment (It sucks)
No fresh water option in my apartment. They use tankers to fill it up in case govt decides to close the taps. Water is pumped to the massive tanks on the top.

TDS (Super bad)
Tap water = 950
Bisleri 20ltr container = 190 (same expression as above)

Help (I mean it)
What do you think should i do. Really confused here...
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 15:46   #125
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Thumbs up re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Can anyone help me with deciding between kent grand+ vs Aquaguard total sensa? They both are top of the line models.

Initial experience: (Pre-pre-sales)
Kent were quick to give a demo. Aquaguard have not even called up yet. I registered on their sites on the same day (one after the other).

Pointers (Need your help here)
> Price - 17k approx (for either of those)
> A.S.S - Kent comes with 1 year warranty. Next year onwards its 500 approx for a year of service. Aquaguard = no clue.
> Technology - Apart from only knowing the name of the technology (ro / uv / tds etc) i know absolutely nothing.
TDS controller = Configurable in Kent ~ Constant in AquaG.
Reverse flush (read it here) = N/a in Kent ~ No clue about AquaG.

Water availability in my apartment (It sucks)
No fresh water option in my apartment. They use tankers to fill it up in case govt decides to close the taps. Water is pumped to the massive tanks on the top.

TDS (Super bad)
Tap water = 950
Bisleri 20ltr container = 190 (same expression as above)

Help (I mean it)
What do you think should i do. Really confused here...
Even i am looking out for a purifier, but the TDS levels at our place is much better, like it is 160 with the borewell water and 190 with the corporation supply. The quoted TDS at your place is way too high, and i feel you have no other choice but RO based purifiers. And for RO, i feel Ion Exchange(Zero-B) and Kent are the best bets.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 17:50   #126
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Thanks JM. Is RO treatment sufficient to make the tap water (remember 950 TDS) fit for drinking? really doubt that.
Is it just the TDS that i should be worried about? Arent there other things like lead, chemicals, bacteria etc etc in water?
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 18:09   #127
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks JM. Is RO treatment sufficient to make the tap water (remember 950 TDS) fit for drinking? really doubt that.
Is it just the TDS that i should be worried about? Arent there other things like lead, chemicals, bacteria etc etc in water?
Yes, Indeed. But most of these RO Based purifiers have additional stages of filtration to take care of these. If i recall correctly, Kent Grand n Zero-B Pristine has some 6 - 7 stages of filtration. TDS, anything above 400, they say RO membrane based filters are the only bet. You can call these guys for live demo at home, and check the TDS after filtration.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 21:27   #128
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 52 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yes, Indeed. But most of these RO Based purifiers have additional stages of filtration to take care of these. If i recall correctly, Kent Grand n Zero-B Pristine has some 6 - 7 stages of filtration. TDS, anything above 400, they say RO membrane based filters are the only bet. You can call these guys for live demo at home, and check the TDS after filtration.
Thats what i think as well. Are you using any purifier?
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 22:22   #129
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thats what i think as well. Are you using any purifier?
Right now, just the good old butterfly candle based water filter. I might go in for one of the UV based water purifiers, coz TDS levels does not warrant a RO based one.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 22:55   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Am not sure if its safe or notbut am sure the water would taste a lot better with the RO.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Eureka Forbes sales guy did a check on the TDS for borewell and BWSSB supply, and it came out as 160 for borewell and 190 for BWSSB supply.

Would you still suggest RO based water purifier for these TDS levels?
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 14:38   #131
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Can anyone help me with deciding between kent grand+ vs Aquaguard total sensa? They both are top of the line models.

Water availability in my apartment (It sucks)
No fresh water option in my apartment. They use tankers to fill it up in case govt decides to close the taps. Water is pumped to the massive tanks on the top.

Help (I mean it)
What do you think should i do. Really confused here...
Which one did you purchase ? Please mention the prices also.

I am also in a similar situation right now. I need to purchase a water purifier. I am looking at RO+UV+UF+TDS controller models.

I find the Kent Pearl model to be aesthetically better than Kent Grand+. They both offer the same features.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 15:07   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 190
Thanked: 26 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Morph water purifiers - I came across this company's ad recently and opted for a demo of their RO purifier. They seems to be quiet competitive to Kent and Aquagaurd. This company is based out of chennai and bangalore. They had an impressive clientele list. Moreover they have purifiers for industrial use as well. They follow aquagaurd type sales and service model.

The aquagaurd RO model that I have demand replacement of the RO membrane every year and the AMC for this comes to Rs3500. I believe that higher the TDS, the higher the chance that the membrane gets clogged and needs replacement. Pay attention to the AMC aspect of the purifier as well.
rajakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 15:13   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,270
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

For past 1 and half year, I am using EcoCrystal RO water purifier in my apartment. In our area TDS is around 450 - 500 range and this water purifier is doing great job without any issue.

Best part is EcoCrystal guys are not money centric like Kent, Aquaguard etc for AMC contract. This is their biggest source of money and replace the parts even it is working. Yes, in the name of hygiene and this is the point where everyone get scare and always gives consent to replace and heavy amount AMC.

I have their 7 Stage water purification system installed at my home with auxiliary 8 liters of pressure storage tank.

Their products are on display in Cosmos Mall and Forum Value Mall in Whitefield. I must say I am satisfied customer of EcoCrystal RO water purifier. Here is website address "Eco Crystal,Water treatment with environmental friendly technology.".
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 18:22   #134
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
For past 1 and half year, I am using EcoCrystal RO water purifier in my apartment. In our area TDS is around 450 - 500 range and this water purifier is doing great job without any issue.

Best part is EcoCrystal guys are not money centric like Kent, Aquaguard etc for AMC contract. This is their biggest source of money and replace the parts even it is working. Yes, in the name of hygiene and this is the point where everyone get scare and always gives consent to replace and heavy amount AMC.

I have their 7 Stage water purification system installed at my home with auxiliary 8 liters of pressure storage tank.

Their products are on display in Cosmos Mall and Forum Value Mall in Whitefield. I must say I am satisfied customer of EcoCrystal RO water purifier. Here is website address "Eco Crystal,Water treatment with environmental friendly technology.".
Could you please let me know about the model you opted for, and also the cost of the same?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 20:10   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,270
Thanked: 333 Times
Default re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you please let me know about the model you opted for, and also the cost of the same?
I have their RO Elite version installed at home.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier raj84 Modifications & Accessories 51 24th July 2017 17:35
Recommended shops in Pune - Alloy Wheels & Tyres vinodbijlani Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 36 19th April 2014 09:00
Recommended shops in Bangalore theMAG Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 27 14th September 2012 01:25
in-car Air Purifier - Does it work? amu1983 Modifications & Accessories 1 8th March 2009 23:12
Recommended Sub For Alpine MDR-M -1001 2000 Watt Monoblock Tool In-Car Entertainment 45 6th June 2006 02:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks