Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:00   #7651
BHPian
 
Scarlet_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 551
Thanked: 401 Times
Talking Re: The Official Joke thread

Logged in to Facebook today and saw this ad on the right hand side! Although they are two different ads, their sequence made me...

Name:  FBJOKE.JPG
Views: 3513
Size:  20.2 KB
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:38   #7652
BHPian
 
engrohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 153
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider
Logged in to Facebook today and saw this ad on the right hand side! Although they are two different ads, their sequence made me...
Ha ha TBHP should provide a super like button for such posts!!
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:57   #7653
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 1,013 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Logged in to Facebook today and saw this ad on the right hand side! Although they are two different ads, their sequence made me...

Attachment 1041323
Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Ha ha TBHP should provide a super like button for such posts!!
Guys posting Ad based jokes, please beware. In most cases it is reported to have backfired. Just flip thru' a couple of pages back to witness the same

These interest based ads are annoying BTW!!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3001
Size:  14.5 KB
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:04   #7654
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

E-MAIL FROM AN ARAB STUDENT TO HIS SHAIKH DAD
Dear Dad
Sydney is wonderful, people are nice and I really like it here, but Dad, I am a bit ashamed to arrive at my college with my pure-gold Ferrari 599GTB when all my teachers and many fellow students travel by train.
Your son,
Nasser
Next day, Nasser gets a reply to his e-mail
My dear loving son Twenty million US Dollar has just been transferred to your account. Please stop embarrassing us. Go and get yourself a train too.
Love,
your Dad Shaikh Al Habibi
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 21:44   #7655
BHPian
 
Scarlet_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 551
Thanked: 401 Times
Post Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Guys posting Ad based jokes, please beware. In most cases it is reported to have backfired.
I know what post you are referring to! Facebook is supposed to take information from your profile and then display ads accordingly. With music and automobiles in my list of likes, Facebook throwing up these sort of ads means something is seriously wrong with it. Mark Zuckerberg, please investigage what is the problem with your child!
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:34   #7656
BHPian
 
engrohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 153
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post

I know what post you are referring to! Facebook is supposed to take information from your profile and then display ads accordingly. With music and automobiles in my list of likes, Facebook throwing up these sort of ads means something is seriously wrong with it. Mark Zuckerberg, please investigage what is the problem with your child!
Not entirely right. Yes facebook does show custom ads based on profile, but there are sponsored links / ads too which would appear randomly. Not everyone would like a such a page on facebook, but that does not mean that they don't want to. So some ads have to appear randomly.
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:48   #7657
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

From watsapp forward messages:

(PS: No offenses to anyone!!)

Mind Blowing Equation:
LOGIC AND HUMOUR Equations!

Equation 1

Human = eat + sleep + work + enjoy
Donkey = eat + sleep

Therefore:

Human = Donkey + Work + enjoy

Therefore:
Human-enjoy = Donkey + Work

In other words,
A Human that doesn't know how to enjoy = Donkey that works.

Equation 2

Man = eat + sleep + earn money
Donkey = eat + sleep
Therefore:
Man = Donkey + earn money

Therefore:

Man-earn money = Donkey

In other words Man who doesn't earn money = Donkey

Equation 3

Woman = eat + sleep + spend
Donkey = eat + sleep

Therefore:
Woman = Donkey + spend
Woman - spend = Donkey

In other words,
Woman who doesn't spend = Donkey

To Conclude:
From Equation 2 and Equation 3


Man who doesn't earn money = Woman who doesn't spend

So Man earns money to not let woman become a donkey!

And a woman spends to not let the man become a donkey!


So, We have:

Man + Woman = Donkey + earn money + Donkey + Spend money

Therefore from postulates 1 and 2, we can conclude

Man + Woman = 2 Donkeys that live happily together!
rahulk2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 07:18   #7658
BHPian
 
1self's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 625
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Yeah right!
Attached Images
 
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 14:19   #7659
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 220
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I need some nice vaastu/ feng shui guy who can convince her ...just lying down and watching TV. Has anyone tried this approach with success?
I have tried this with some minor variations. The results have been extreme and oscillating between near perfect and total disaster.

Near perfect scenario - when wife decided that my simple demands were too outrageous, packed her bags and went home for 2 weeks with the kids. This would have been perfect except that I had to order for food and munchies over the phone.

Extreme disaster - My wife called her mother over! Need I say more?
travelwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 17:41   #7660
BHPian
 
abhijeetsng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 339
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

A blonde, on the verge of bankruptcy, sees God as her only hope. She prays to God for help - "God, please help me. I've lost my business and I need some money. I'm going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the Lottery."

Lotto night comes and goes, and somebody else wins it.

The desperate blonde prays again - "God, please let me win the Lottery! I've lost my business, my house and now, I'm going to lose my car as well."

This time too, she was unlucky, and someone else won the Lottery.

She again prayed - "My God, why have you forsaken me? I've lost my business, my house, and my car. I have always been a good servant to you. Please let me win the Lottery just this one time so I can save the life of my kids.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and there emerged God.

God said to amazed blonde, "Sweetheart, please work with me on this. Go and ... Buy a ticket"

Last edited by bblost : 24th January 2013 at 21:58. Reason: Duplicate joke.
abhijeetsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 11:06   #7661
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Cowasaki.
Your argument is invalid.
Attached Images
 
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 12:05   #7662
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,003
Thanked: 645 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Found a car in my office parking with the following note...
Attached Images
 
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 11:15   #7663
BHPian
 
1self's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 625
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

If you don't own a Prius or Hybrid Civic, you can do your bit for the enviornment with this!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-65814_535417156479300_2051700760_n.jpg  

1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 11:43   #7664
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
"Had you put the same pressure at work, company's targets would have been achieved today"
The employee should have scribbled "I eat office-canteen food. No need of pressure here"
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 12:33   #7665
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 284
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Came across this info when I was going through Motor Insurance advice guide for UK
I think this is standard everywhere. This guideline they use to control third party liability. They like to do the settlement with other insurance company directly.
radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time for a Holiday Joke? Steeroid Shifting gears 9 24th December 2005 20:51
A Nelson joke Dippy Shifting gears 6 8th September 2004 23:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks