Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 26th December 2008, 04:47   #2161
Senior - BHPian

watched twenty 20(movie!not cricket) - 6/10
Old 26th December 2008, 04:53   #2162
BHPian

Before watching Gajini, everyone should watch Memento, brilliantly executed. I haven't seen gajini, but from reviews it seems to be "inspired" from memento.
Old 26th December 2008, 05:12   #2163
Senior - BHPian

I saw ghazni tamil some times back.the act by tamil actor surya was brilliant.and aasin was dieing in the story. memento - for sure ,aamir will change the story to look different as of now(since tamil ghazni ..)
Old 26th December 2008, 09:33   #2164
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Ghajini yesterday first show

First the rating 4/5

Quick review

- Aamir has worked a lot on this movie & it shows
- The movie could be a little shorter
- Last action sequence is full Mithun & Rajnikanth style & to watch Aamir do it is pure bliss
- There are a few minor flaws but the movie overall makes up for it.
- Asin looks pretty
- Two songs 'Guzarish' & 'Jabse mujhe tum mil gaye' have been shot very well. 'Behka ' is also nice rest all are waste

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th December 2008 at 11:55.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:00   #2165
Senior - BHPian

gazni not yet released here.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:13   #2166
Senior - BHPian

I did not like Ghajini as much as I was expecting it to!

Kept comparing it to Memento and Ghajini failed miserably on many counts. Aamir looks like a deranged animal and keeps gruntling weird sounds rather than nice dialogues that are generally expected of him. The movie is quite long (3.15 hours) and thats because of the slow pace in the first half.

AK looked like a superhero merely because his counterpart villain was a non descript baddie. I have seen much better negative characters in Bollywood movies.

Asin is ok, nothing great to write home about. Maybe a shade better than Anushka Sharma.

I gave Ghajini 2.5/5. Do watch Memento to see what I mean. You would probably rate it 6/5! The directorial style of Memento is awesome (takes you back and forth in past and present).

P.S. Could someone please explain how a blow on the head can transform one from a layman to The Incredible Hulk in terms of power delivery?
Old 26th December 2008, 13:25   #2167
BHPian

no tickets available till monday! :(

i have seen it the tamil/telugu version with Surya and it rocked! i am sure this would too!

but this would have a level of violence not much seen in hindi films, so either the public up north would either love it or be repulsed. cant say about the female viewers.
Old 26th December 2008, 14:59   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Ghajini yesterday first show
First show was Wednesday night (24th) and not 25th. That's when I saw it

My rating 2/5.
Old 27th December 2008, 00:15   #2169
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Slum dog millionaire

Potential OSCAR winner ......... MUST WATCH.

4.5/5
Old 27th December 2008, 03:10   #2170
Senior - BHPian

Back after watching Ghajini. I liked it but it is not as awesome and mind blowing as it is made out to be. The first half was a wee bit boring but the movie picked up in the second half. Except for Guzarish and the slow romantic number, the rest of the music is nothing to write home about. Songs like Bachcho and Lattoo are plain irritating. Jiah Khan doing an item number in a medical college function is something I fail to understand.

The performances: No need to say anything about Aamir Khan. He is brilliant. This must the only film where he has done alot of action sequences. One of his best performances yet. Asin is decent and looks quite pretty too. Jiah Khan looks like an S kitten even with her clothes on. The baddie is quite like your typical bollywood goon.

I would rate this 3/5 but I give a 4 rating only for Aamir Khan. A one time must watch though.

Last edited by Dippy : 27th December 2008 at 03:11.
Old 27th December 2008, 07:14   #2171
Senior - BHPian

I guess now after watching aamir's ghazni ,people must watch tamil gazni dubbed(subtitles).
Old 27th December 2008, 07:51   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Slum dog millionaire

Potential OSCAR winner ......... MUST WATCH.

4.5/5
I agree. An excellent watch.
Old 27th December 2008, 08:43   #2173
BHPian

The Tamil version of Ghajini itself was flawed and Suryas excellent performance was the only saving grace. I am yet to watch Ghajini in Hindi and also Memento.
Btw, what does Ghajini mean?
Old 27th December 2008, 09:12   #2174
BHPian

saw ghajini awesome movie, i liked it a lot may be people who have already seen momento or the tamil version may not appreciate it that much.
amir khan rocks

****+
-------

Last edited by ms001 : 27th December 2008 at 09:14.
Old 27th December 2008, 10:40   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Ghajini

A remake of the Tamil movie of the same name which was a rip off of Memento. Same director and same heroine and the same bad guy who were in the Tamil Ghajini.

For me this movie didn't make the cut. About 40 minutes too long - except gujarish, the other songs have a distinct south Indian feel and none of the songs actually deserve to be there in the movie. All they do (apart from increasing the running time) is slow the pace down.

The direction is pretty loose for most of the movie and the story (credited to the director) has loop holes as big as footballs. A couple of scenes are well directed but overall the direction is flat. The cinematography shines - be it the songs or the dark action sequences.

The action is raw but very Rajnikantish and that kind of action went out of fashion in the nineties.

Asin makes a pretty ok debut and she is quite funny in the comic scenes, Jiah Khan should pack up now and leave - and the bad guy on whom the movie is named is pretty insipid. Aamir Khan has built a nice body for the role but his acting is pretty average. He hasn't really done anything new in the movie and the tattoos on the body actually come across as gimmicks to get Aamir go shirtless.

Verdict - 2/5. You won't miss much if you do not watch it.
Closed Thread