Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 14:51   #811
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
If you browse through the thread youll find Hyrdashok's explanation of the ending which makes the whole thing make sense.

Hotel Rwanda and Pursuit of Happyness are BRILLIANT movies. Add Lord of War and Blood Diamond to that list as well. Id watch Michael Clayton after watching these.
Yeah, I did read hydra's explanation and yesterday when I watched the last scenes again I also arrived at some conclusions..But those are very very abstract.And when I read on net it seems like Coen brothers have decided to be faithful with the book. That's where I felt that probably the ending was good to read but here it seemed bit vague and abstract to me.

Yeah, seen Blood Diamond, good movie.Need to find the DVD for Lord of War next, had bought a crappy roadside DVD of the same once and trashed it.
kaushik_s is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 15:10   #812
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Yeah, seen Blood Diamond, good movie.Need to find the DVD for Lord of War next, had bought a crappy roadside DVD of the same once and trashed it.
Thank God you did that. IMO you really ruin the whole experience with these pirated DVDs and they are nothing but a waste of money. Incase you arent able to get the original dvd get a dvd rip online.

Last edited by khanak : 18th March 2008 at 15:11.
khanak is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 16:56   #813
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Thank God you did that. IMO you really ruin the whole experience with these pirated DVDs and they are nothing but a waste of money. Incase you arent able to get the original dvd get a dvd rip online.
Actually I don't even bother try watching if the picture/sound quality is not good.But you do get good quality pirated DVD's sometimes and I've some ;-)
Yeah, now I can try online as I've just got my download limit increased, atleast 2 movies a month I can download now.
kaushik_s is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 16:59   #814
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Actually I don't even bother try watching if the picture/sound quality is not good.But you do get good quality pirated DVD's sometimes and I've some ;-)
Yeah, now I can try online as I've just got my download limit increased, atleast 2 movies a month I can download now.

Which website to download good quality movies?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:06   #815
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,551
Thanked: 6,309 Times
Default

I am not taking a holier than thou attitude.

Its not like I have not watched pirated movies.

Sometimes I have no choice because I like movies and not just those in english or Indian languages.

But coming to the point I want to make.
Team-BHP does not support anything illegal. Piracy is illegal.
I don't think we should be posting links to such websites-forums here.
bblost is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:16   #816
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
My brother told me about this one last evening..Need to check it out!
(of course,with friends)
do post a review after you watch it..
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:17   #817
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

another movie i watched

van wilder - rise of the taj. this movie was reasonably funny and i liked it as much as the origninal van wilder. badalandabad
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:31   #818
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
another movie i watched

van wilder - rise of the taj. this movie was reasonably funny and i liked it as much as the origninal van wilder. badalandabad
Somehow I liked the first part better though the second part wasnt that bad.

I cant wait for the new Harold and Kumar movie which should be a blast for sure.
khanak is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:32   #819
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But coming to the point I want to make.
Team-BHP does not support anything illegal. Piracy is illegal.
I don't think we should be posting links to such websites-forums here.


__________________________________________________ ______
khanak is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 17:36   #820
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Somehow I liked the first part better though the second part wasnt that bad.

I cant wait for the new Harold and Kumar movie which should be a blast for sure.
oh theres a second one coming out? thatll have to be good.

aah here it is
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 00:16   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post


__________________________________________________ ______
and there goes my chance for free movies. He he just kidding.
kaushik_s is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 04:15   #822
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 363
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Into the wild - One of the best movies i've ever seen. Watched it twice back to back! And then watched it again the next morning.

Its about Christopher McCandells, who donates his savings to charity and sets out on an adventure to Alaska, alone. Its about his experience on his way there. Beautiful picturization and awesome dialogues, and its a real life story.
x2. Brilliant screenplay and direction by Sean Penn. The music score is also very good. It carries the movie throughout!
rev_hard is offline  
Old 19th March 2008, 10:46   #823
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
x2. Brilliant screenplay and direction by Sean Penn. The music score is also very good. It carries the movie throughout!
Exactly. Must watch .
fash_1 is offline  
Old 20th March 2008, 07:38   #824
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,735
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
x2. Brilliant screenplay and direction by Sean Penn. The music score is also very good. It carries the movie throughout!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Exactly. Must watch .
I think I am going to have to add that to my list.

I just finished watching Analyze this and cant wait to see Analyze that.
khanak is offline  
Old 21st March 2008, 21:36   #825
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default

RACE

Typical Abbas-Mustan movie. Twists and turns in the plot keep it going.

In short - it's about 2 super rich brothers who own a race horses breeding farm. Then a girl and jealousy - a double cross and one brother dies....then starts the fun.

Nice popcorn entertainer I say. Entertaining and stylishly shot, a few good songs, nice cars (orange Ferrari, a skyline and some drifts) , hot heroines.

Verdict - 2.75/5.
normally_crazy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Online Indian Movie viewing thread phamilyman Shifting gears 11 14th April 2014 15:27
Fiat Panda in new James Bond movie! amit The International Automotive Scene 5 19th December 2005 16:58
Have yo'll watched this movie??? Shan2nu Shifting gears 7 26th November 2004 23:25
hey which jag was it in the movie? _Crazi4Speed_ Shifting gears 7 25th June 2004 10:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks