Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th July 2007, 20:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

I've heard about many incidents happening in Koramangala. I'm not sure if its because its easier for the cops to prey on affluent families, or is it plain corruption( highest levels) of the cops there.

I remember an incident 7-8 yrs ago,that took place near Jyothi Nivas College. A guy stopped by to give his sister their house keys,and a Hoysala jeep pulls up,and starts pushing the guy around. The cops felt that the guy was eve-teasing,and they were all set to take him to the police station. 4-5 shopkeepers stormed out of their respective shops,and created a racket,asking the cops to scoot. this made a huge number of students cheer & clap,much to the embaressment of the cops..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 21:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

That was a nice one Nitin ...yea cops have a presumed opinion on many...and they tend to take on so as to make some quick bucks.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote