Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st June 2007, 17:16   #16
BHPian

this reminded me of an accident which happened just a few days ago on palm beach road.

i was waiting at the signal for it to turn green and suddenly a biker landed right in front of my accents left wheel. a taxi wala had hit him from behind and though he wasnt bleeding he must have been hurt terribly because of the concrete surface.

i parked the car at one side and while other people put him in the cab i asked him to call up his relatives and tell them that he had got hurt, the cab wala also got bit scared of the crowd and even one gentlemen started arguing with him about how he had hit the biker and started a fight with the taxiwala even when he was pleasding to be taken to the hospital. i then told them not to start a fight as the victim needed urgent attention as if ther is any damage to the brain then it might get serious as he had fallen head on.

thankkfully they left the cab wala while we gave him the directions to the nearest hospital. and though the people who wanted to fight were not bystanders but still they gave importance to the fight rather then the victim.

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 21st June 2007 at 17:18.
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Situation well handled by manaa. Good job.
Deepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:30   #18

Angry

I too agree with the point made about our inability to judge if it was the driver or the cyclist who was at fault. As for the public who were witnesses to the unfortunate incident, I am sure that if at least one person had initiated the process of rescuing the cyclist, others would have followed suit. It has become so very typical for many of us to wait for someone to take the lead before we engage ourselves.
Serenity_Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:48   #19
Team-BHP Support

Spot on Manaa, I really wish whole heartedly that there is atleast a few people in the mob like you who could help the victim rather than be a spectator. Good job!!
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Not being judgemental about this case, but I wouldnt send out my kid on a bicycle on ANY city roads.. its just too unsafe even for adults wearing helmets and riding bikes, much less kids on bicycles with no protection whatsoever.

Also, I make it a point to slow down to a crawl as soon as I see a kid on a bike..
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Not being judgemental about this case, but I wouldnt send out my kid on a bicycle on ANY city roads.. its just too unsafe even for adults wearing helmets and riding bikes, much less kids on bicycles with no protection whatsoever.
Spot on and being early morning, even riskier. But I guess this was the usual arrangement, Dad is away at sea I understand......very tragic nonetheless
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 09:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Such a sad thing to happen. Human lives are like lemons here in our country.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote