Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st August 2007, 17:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I cannot deny that I carry a soft spot for 'Munnabhai', however small that is. That being said, I wonder if all hailing the fact that he is released have ever asked themselves: What would have happened I was in his shoes?

Besides, here is an interesting story:

Better late than never

Think it over.
@type... heart rendering story. 8 years and for what? An official's apathy... indifference towards poor or plain simple ignorance.
Gosh... where are we headed, humanity has but dissapperared. Liberalization has brought along the need for a better lifestyle and hence more money and people are ready to stoop down to any level to get the money... fake medicine's (people indulging in such activities should be hanged, it amounts to murder) even the vegetable's and fruit's are not safe. We are a "hollow" nation and all we are left with today is a hollow society, a hollow lifestyle and a hollw culture.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 22:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Why are you mixing up his charity work and driving around in the f430? Jeez atleast appriciate that someone is devoting lot of money into charity. I think he also has a cancer foundation. Whats wrong in he driving around in his own car?

errr... he didn't establish a cancer foundation. It was his Sunil Dutt who established a cancer foundation after the death of Nargis due to cancer.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Why are you mixing up his charity work and driving around in the f430? Jeez atleast appriciate that someone is devoting lot of money into charity. I think he also has a cancer foundation. Whats wrong in he driving around in his own car?

If i was a beneficiary of his charity, i would ask him to go to go to hell first & to the jail next. A criminal doing 'charity' is not real charity, it is just a typical way for a powerful man to rid himself of his sins(Only before himself) & project a very pure image in front of the 'munnabhai' adoring masses.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:51   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If i was a beneficiary of his charity, i would ask him to go to go to hell first & to the jail next. A criminal doing 'charity' is not real charity, it is just a typical way for a powerful man to rid himself of his sins(Only before himself) & project a very pure image in front of the 'munnabhai' adoring masses.
If hes doing charity to rid himself of his sins then so be it. IMHO its a good sign. Everybody learns from their mistakes. To give an example of his charity.. i remember he concived a concert in 2006 to help the people affected by tsunami. The cancer foundation though started by his Dad has lot of involvement from Sanjay..i read it has 20 chapters worldwide.
Love the guy for his taste in cars. Anyone remembers his Gansta black S-Class with huge chrome rims ?
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:04   #155
BHPian

So if tomorrow Dawood donates half a billion from his 7 billion dollar D-company for a good cause, should we allow his to come back to India and clear him of all charges?
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:10   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
So if tomorrow Dawood donates half a billion from his 7 billion dollar D-company for a good cause, should we allow his to come back to India and clear him of all charges?
No, we would build a multiplex for him & show all the movies financed by him to the public for free & then worship him.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:43   #157
BANNED

Who says hes doing charity to rid himself of the sins ... that again is a warped sense of thought of a few dis gruntled and jealous ppl !!!

And as someone mentioned about the hollowness .... well , thats so bloody true !!! Right from fake medicines to fake fruits to adulterated food items to adulterated fuel etc etc etc ........ and people who do these adulterations know the consequences or effects it will have on ppl who will ocnsume it but then *** -- it doesn't matter as long as he's making moolah .

And for all those who refusing the charity he may do for them .... you got it wrong again as charity is done for the needy and I don't think he would classify you as needy !!!

Lets hope he stays out for a long long time .... and for gods sake stop being kids and comparing him to Dawood and gang !! I tell you ..... actually I better shut up before the Mods come knocking in my inbox ....
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:47   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hey, whoever said dawood is bad, he is yet to be tried, leave alone convicted. He could still go ahead & make that donation. Some people are so starry eyed, they cannot see anything beyond that. I love sachin. Long live munnabhai.
Old 22nd August 2007, 02:25   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Lets hope he stays out for a long long time .... and for gods sake stop being kids and comparing him to Dawood and gang !! I tell you ..... actually I better shut up before the Mods come knocking in my inbox ....
Why not? Dawood is a wanted person for plotting the 1993 blasts and financing them and Sanjay Dutt was arrested for hiding the weapons. The only difference is that Sanjay Dutt was arrested red handed while there is no proof of Dawoods involvement. For all we know Shri. Dawood bhai may have donated money to build a Mosque in his locality which was used by menon's family to buy RDX without his knowledge!!

So yes, we should not really be comparing Dawood with Sanjay. One is proven guilty while the other has never been arrested and there is no proof of his involvement in any criminal activities.

Quote:
No, we would build a multiplex for him & show all the movies financed by him to the public for free & then worship him.
You know what, I think Dawood should remake Attenborough's Gandhi and cast himself as Gandhi. If that is showed in all theatres free of cost, people will start loving him and he will build public support. May be we can get Vamsee Juluri to write a scathing article about how India is persecuting a reborn Gandhi like it persecuted a Gandhian Gangster.
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:58   #160
Team-BHP Support

This is my opinion on the article which was published on rediff.com:

Quote:
This man was punished for a crime he committed. Why should we go about supporting him?
Comparing him to Gandhi is like saying that just coz Shah Rukh Khan led a girls hockey team in Chak De India, he should now be appointed their coach in real life !!

Seriously, this is the heights of stupidity.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:03   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Why not? Dawood is a wanted person for plotting the 1993 blasts and financing them and Sanjay Dutt was arrested for hiding the weapons. The only difference is that Sanjay Dutt was arrested red handed while there is no proof of Dawoods involvement. For all we know Shri. Dawood bhai may have donated money to build a Mosque in his locality which was used by menon's family to buy RDX without his knowledge!!
Why are you dragging poor mallus to this case? , it should be MEMONS!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:31   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Exactly what I wanted to post, to bring some humour into this overcharged thread. You beat me to it, finney.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:38   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Sorry, I am dyslexic.

But I think mallus should declare Jihad on the memon family.
Old 20th October 2007, 08:11   #164
BANNED

Dutt likely to get judgment copy today - Yahoo! India News

In the age of communication at speed of thought, Sanjay Dutt is likely to get a copy of the judgment today, after 2 months. I wonder how will it take for somebody in the court to draft a copy and send it.

If he gets it today, he will have to go back to jail.

But, will he? Here is news that he has signed new films & has resumed shooting Sanjay Dutt starts shooting
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 17:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Dutt likely to get judgment copy today - Yahoo! India News

In the age of communication at speed of thought, Sanjay Dutt is likely to get a copy of the judgment today, after 2 months. I wonder how will it take for somebody in the court to draft a copy and send it.

If he gets it today, he will have to go back to jail.

But, will he? Here is news that he has signed new films & has resumed shooting Sanjay Dutt starts shooting
the drafted copy of the judgement is collected in person and not sent diabloo. there were over a hundred copies to be made so it would take time.
yes if he does get the copy he would be taken from the court itself unless he seeks permission for the next day.
he has not signed any new films but had resumed shooting of his older signed films. he knows he cannot afford to sign more films as alot of money is already riding on him.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote