Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th August 2007, 14:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

Very Very Dissapointed!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 14:55   #122
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, am disappointed too!

Indian Judiciary will be again mocked for favouring the famous and powerful!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 14:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

I wish i was a celebrity too.
:(

--It happens only in India--
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 15:08   #124
BANNED

Our own New President is charged under 2 murders and extortions.

What is she now. First Citizen. A PRESIDENT..! Cmon guys,

Why should Sanjay Dutt face this after being good for so long.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 17:55   #125
Senior - BHPian

Note From the Team-BHP support staff: Use of foul language is not allowed on the board. Also please make sure you don't type your posts in all caps. Read the rules and regulations before proceeding any further.

Last edited by DCEite : 21st August 2007 at 08:37. Reason: Note From the Team-BHP support staff: Use of foul language is not allowed on the board.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th August 2007, 17:58   #126
Senior - BHPian

here is a quote of mine i put on a bulletin board few years back.

"The govt of the people, by the people, for the people can be only as good as the people themselves."

Unfortunately I am a part of a minority wanting a fair governance.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:07   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
You see , he is paying the price of a celebrity , getting much more punishment than he deserves.
Quote:
For those who believe that the punishment is too harsh, from what I know, the law prescribes a punishment of a minimum of 5 to maximum of 10 years for illegal possession of arms. Sanjay got 6 years. I don't see how it's harsh or too long.
I never understood how Sanjay is getting much more punishment then he deserves

But yes, I do agree that a lot of our politicians need to be locked up too. Till date not a single politician has been convicted of anything. Sure cases have been filed but thats about it. The day a heavy weight minister of the ruling party is sent to jail by the courts, I'll admit that India has finally matured as a democracy and as a nation.

And when will the people/media stop referring to him as Sanju baba and Munnabhai?

Last edited by amit : 20th August 2007 at 18:13.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:08   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

YOU SAID IT BRO !!!

WHY SHOULD SANJAY DUTT NOT GET A BREAK FINALLY. I THINK HE DESERVES THIS. HE IS TULY A NOBLE HUMAN BEING AND IT IS A PROVEN FACT.

OTHER STUPID A**HOL** RUNNING THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE BEHIND BARS.

SANJAY DUTT GETTING BAIL IS THE BEST PIECE OF NEWS IN A LONG TIME
Oh so why not leave all the muderers and convicts in jails right now just because someone else also did it and wasnt punished. It doesnt helps our cause as a country, another sad day for me. Judiciary has failed yet again.
Before getting all emotional we should realize that he's Sanjay Dutt not Munna bhai. Dissapointing to read that some people think of this as a good news, though everyone has it own opinion.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 20th August 2007 at 18:10.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Well !! There is no point of discussing this anymore. I am out of this thread.

I am thrilled at this piece of news and so are Millions others. Everyone has their opinion, I have mine. Cheers !!!

PS - No offence to anyone.

Last edited by vkochar : 20th August 2007 at 18:16.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

Every convict needs a fair trial. So does Sanjay Dutt.

But if he does get media attention, doesn't mean his suffering seems more. There are a lot of people undergoing trials amidst more troublesome situations.

And I think it is unnecessary to discuss it as it simply adds to the already hyped up publicity. IMO. No offence meant to anyone.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 20th August 2007 at 18:17.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:18   #131
Senior - BHPian

OT - when is salman KHAN getting convited ?!!! bugger ran over some ppl and killed them - shot a few endangered species and has been bashing up ppl in public regularly !!!
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Our own New President is charged under 2 murders and extortions.
Really? I had not heard of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What is she now. First Citizen. A PRESIDENT..! Cmon guys,
Why should Sanjay Dutt face this after being good for so long.

Well, has she been found guilty in court for murder? I doubt that she would be President if she has been has been found guilty.

There is a difference between a person being charged with a crime and a person who has been found guilty of a crime. In a fair justice system, a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court. Just like Sanjay was free for 14 years while the trial was going on, she is also 'free' till her case comes to trial.

In the case of our netas, since they have such a strong following of people (the voters) who also 'know' that they are good and noble individuals, their cases will never come to trial.

When and if their cases ever do come up, their fan following will most definitely ask - "if Sanju can get bail, why not so-and-so; he/she has done so much for India !!"

And so the story goes on ... due to public demand, no one with a fan following will ever get convicted.

And we wonder why there is no justice.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:29   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

nice question, narayan.

But then there will be his fans also who will say that, "After all so many people are killed in auto accidents daily, why penalise him alone?" OR that he has already suffered a lot OR there are crores riding on him, so how does a few human lives matter etc etc.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 18:52   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing is very clear in this circus of events. Money talks and bull$hi# walks.

If this was another country like USA or even China, no matter how famous or rich, the person guilty would have either been convicted or even executed.

Our judicial system, mainly the political system is due for a huge revamp. The laws are old.... hardly any changes since our independence and with so many loopholes, one can go scot free by paying a hefty bribe or through sheer cunning. Politicians run the courts not the other way around.

Its sad that people who contest in elections proudly claim to have spent some time in prison like Bapu (Gandhiji). Only difference is Bapu did it for the people.

I have lost whatever faith i had in the system.

If one thinks Sanju has paid the price, and if Sanju also feels he did, he needs to visit those families who lost someone near and dear in the mumbai blasts. This is my opinion. Justice should be blind. No amount of compensation can make up for the loss of those who are dead/maimed.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 19:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand when people say "he has suffered enough". What has he suffered? May be lot of mental pressure... There are many people who are serving in prison and suffering more than mental pressure. They are the only bread winners for their family. Families are on roads because of them being in prison. What about these people? If Sanjay Dutt deserves to be pardoned and let off free why not these less privileged guys? I am sure celebrites are offered many more facilities compare to a normal prisoner.

I respect Sanjay Dutt as an actor and have a great liking for him. If the court has found him guilty of owning an illegal arm and decides he should be punished, let him be punished. He should be a role model and show to the society that everybody is equal infront of law.
satish_appasani is online now   Reply With Quote