Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd August 2007, 21:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Team-BHP on Radio City 91.1 FM

Yes, i dedicated a song to Team-BHP today on Radio City 91.1 Fm chennai. I had actually called up on tuesday for answering a trivia & the Rj obliged by calling me back at the appropriate time & put me on hold. After 3 mins on hold, the line was disconnected & he could not speak to me over air, so he called me after that & promised to call me the next day which would have been 1st Aug., but he didn't. He called me today when i was not listening to the radio & asked me to answer a question on air. Now, what was the question ?

Q : If you had to create a cartoon character out of one of the present day celebrities, who would you choose & why ?

My Ans : Laloo Prasad Yadav. Why ? for a start , he already resembles one & it would be much easier to create a character for him. Blah blah blah.. a lot of talk. Then he asked me if i want to dedicate the next song to anyone & i said it goes out to this online forum called team-bhp & he says oh!! i know that forum, it is www.team-bhp.com . His name is solomon. Apparently he has also been lurking around here. The song that was played was the summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, one of the alltime favourites for any music lover.

Just felt like sharing this.
cheers

Solomon, are you reading this ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thankooo John. Feels nice inside and yeah I do have a smile on my face now while I type this. Summer of 69 used to be my favourite number too.

Well even we tried real hard to come up with a band.Call it fate, never happened .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Good show man! That officially makes you the 2nd BHPian ever after Sam and his JBL print-ads to spread the word
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Good show man! That officially makes you the 2nd BHPian ever after Sam and his JBL print-ads to spread the word
MAG, GTO has lead by example. READ THIS.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Actually, this is the 2nd time i have done this. First time was about 6 months back on FM Rainbow. But that rj never let me say out the forum name citing no advertising on AIR & stuff. So was disappointed & did not put it out here. Today I am feeling great.
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
MAG, GTO has lead by example. READ THIS.

I stand corrected.

EL, you're third
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 00:11   #7
Team-BHP Support

Maggie,

There have been many more mentions of TBHP in the press, my guess would be EL is around 10th +, although i think it is our first radio appearance!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 00:33   #8
BHPian

Anyone heard of 'sambar of '69'?
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 00:56   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Never heard of it, but I think the smell would come before the sound.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 01:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Anyway nice work dude! It feels so great to tell people that team-bhp.com you heard or radio that day , well, i'm a member of that forum for ever.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 01:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Anyway nice work dude! It feels so great to tell people that team-bhp.com you heard or radio that day , well, i'm a member of that forum for ever.
Thanks highwayblaze, that is the exact reason why i did what i did.

Thank you mag & you're welcome riju.
Old 3rd August 2007, 09:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thank U EL. That song is favourite here to all i guess
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RJ Solomon plays host to two spectacular shows on Radio City 91.1 FM – ‘Radio City Joyride’ and ‘Driven’.
As Radio City Chennai’s evening drive-time RJ, Solomon gives his listeners a chance to unwind with quick news updates, entertaining views and the latest tunes. On ‘Driven’, FM radio’s first ever automobile show, RJ Solomon shares information on the latest and best that the auto industry has to offer. ‘Driven’ is an exclusive show for those who share a passion for wheels like RJ Solomon whose love for cars and bikes makes him a knowledgeable host for this innovative program.
RJ Solomon has been working with Radio City for two years. Before he became an RJ, he had been with an IT company, in advertising and then at a sound studio. His radio career kicked off when he joined World Space Radio. With a wealth of experience under his belt, Solomon concludes that Radio is THE place he wants to be.
In addition to being an RJ, Solomon is also a commentator for motor sports, which often takes him to the racetrack, a place that sets his adrenaline racing.
The multitalented Solomon is also a theatre enthusiast and loves watching motor sports and driving in his free time.
From
RadioCity - Chennai - Rj - Solomon
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:22   #14
Team-BHP Support

Solomon is a little guy with a big voice! He started off as a commentator with us in 2002 and since then he is called for most of the motorsport action. One of the nicest guys out there!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:43   #15
Team-BHP Support

Good work, John.

I have been nominated by my teammates as the 'What Car' guru on my company's bulletin board, for responding to such queries on that forum. i have also quoted a couple of threads from TBHP there to emphasize my point. Hehe..
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote