Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 19:49   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
foby.sebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,448
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^

Yeah it is 0.5 KM after the railway gate near some private gas company depot. I think that's the area you stayed. Negotiation is on, hope something materialize by end of next week.
Be aware of road widening and document faking , check the documents with a lawyer who is familiar to you.

walk round the plot and collect information from localites.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 10:37   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,176
Thanked: 456 Times
Default

Bangalore folks,

What about the project VBHC - Live Happily ever after!? Is it worth investing in a 2bhk flat in this project? What kind of rent can one expect and what about the kind of people living in this area? How long does it take to reach this place, say from Bangalore City station.

Thanks,
Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 21:54   #318
BHPian
 
quadra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Blore
Posts: 542
Thanked: 52 Times
Question

Just searched this thread as one of my friend is planning to buy a property. Now this is a small builder with total of 50 odd flats.

1. At the time of booking, what documents are required for property verification ? Anything missing from below? (got the below from this thread)
  • building sanction letter,
  • khata certificate for the apartment,
  • land ownership history,
  • Power of Attorneys or MOE (if there are multiple land owners,
  • tax receipts paid,
  • BBMP sanction plan

2. Builder claims its BBMP approved - how do you check ?

3. Lift license - sometimes builders say they have a license actually they dont. What document to check here ?

4. Builder claims the wasteland in front of the property will be covered when roads will be broadened, which will happen soon. How to check this ?

5. We have heard stories of small-time builders asking permission to build 4 floors but instead build 5. What happens now if someone is at that 5th floor?
What docs to check here ??
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 00:44   #319
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,994
Thanked: 3,417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
5. We have heard stories of small-time builders asking permission to build 4 floors but instead build 5. What happens now if someone is at that 5th floor?
What docs to check here ??
The flats on the 5th floor become illegal. Ask for the sanctioned building plan from the builder. You would need to get this verified from the authorities using a lawyer, i believe.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 17:33   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,922
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

I have seen few apartment with illegal 5th floor. In most of these owner/builder occupy the same as he cannot sell the same.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 17:59   #321
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hi All,

I will be moving to Banglore in about 45 days. Currently staying in Mumbai.
Now, in Banglore, I will be working in Electronic city Hosur road.
Can anybody suggest, whether renting a flat in and around electronic city area will be good and safe for a family of 3 or should I rent a flat in the heart of the city.
Is the residential areas near electronic city good in aminities? Such as schools, hospitals, shops, restaurants, daily household grociary shops etc?
Or please suggest otherwise.
dev_kudle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 19:32   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Just searched this thread as one of my friend is planning to buy a property. Now this is a small builder with total of 50 odd flats.

1. At the time of booking, what documents are required for property verification ? Anything missing from below? (got the below from this thread)
  • building sanction letter,
  • khata certificate for the apartment,
  • land ownership history,
  • Power of Attorneys or MOE (if there are multiple land owners,
  • tax receipts paid,
  • BBMP sanction plan

2. Builder claims its BBMP approved - how do you check ?

3. Lift license - sometimes builders say they have a license actually they dont. What document to check here ?

4. Builder claims the wasteland in front of the property will be covered when roads will be broadened, which will happen soon. How to check this ?

5. We have heard stories of small-time builders asking permission to build 4 floors but instead build 5. What happens now if someone is at that 5th floor?
What docs to check here ??
Hi Quadra,
For 1) You need get a property lawyer and get every sheet of paper verified ( he will do it on your behalf)
for 2) You need to check this with BBMP dept. Usually the building plans will be notified in the records and stamped on building blue prints. Check the same with the BBMP office
For 3) You have to check the lift AMC since it is mandatory for a builder when the building is new(I think for first 2 years) or else get the purchase documents or manual or goto the lift seller and ask for the documents.
For 4) As per 2015 BBMP plan all the road will be extended or broadened. How soon is a big question since if there is any village/slum near the road then it will not happen soon due to political issues/litigations etc.
For 5) When constructing the building the builder would have given some amount and this issue will be closed. When the hand over happens to the building association then if the officials open this case then either the association or the owner has to pay a huge amount as penalty. So better see the approved plan and check the same with BBMP office before buying the pent houses.

Best solution is to get a competent lawyer who will do all these things for you and will give you a "legal opinion" and the next best thing is to take a home loan where you property will be verified by the bank people also.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 23:21   #323
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,922
Thanked: 2,492 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post
Hi All,

I will be moving to Banglore in about 45 days. Currently staying in Mumbai.
Now, in Banglore, I will be working in Electronic city Hosur road.
Can anybody suggest, whether renting a flat in and around electronic city area will be good and safe for a family of 3 or should I rent a flat in the heart of the city.
Is the residential areas near electronic city good in aminities? Such as schools, hospitals, shops, restaurants, daily household grociary shops etc?
Or please suggest otherwise.
There are some decent flats available in and around Electronics city. Rent varies from 6-10K for a 2 BHK. But I do not see many people stay in that area, most of the people travel everyday from city to Ecity. There are some good hospitals and restaurants in and around Ecity. But for weekly groceries you need to come to city, there are some small stores though. No idea about schools...


If you are looking accomodation within city limit. You need to look for a flat in BTM layout, Koramangala or HSR layout. These are some places you can reach office without facing much of traffic(read minimum). Decent 2 BHK rent starts from 10K to XXK......(I dont know).

Staying in and around Ecity or inside the city depends on your/family's lifestyle, rent, size of house required and other facilities required. After opening Elevated tollway travel time from Ecity to city is reduced.

Let us know some more details about your requirements!

Welcome to Bangalore

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th September 2010 at 23:23.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 10:02   #324
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,994
Thanked: 3,417 Times
Default

@dev_kudle : You could also look at accomodation near Sarjapur Road (Kasavanahalli road or Hosa road) or Haralur Road. Both of these roads act as link roads to Electronics City, and are also within city limits. However, either company or self transport is a must.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 13:30   #325
BHPian
 
schitre05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 429
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Hi all,
My 2BHK flat is up for sale in Thane (Mumbai) on the Ghodbunder Road. If Interested please PM me for further details.
Cheers!!

Last edited by schitre05 : 14th September 2010 at 13:37.
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 19:07   #326
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 661
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Any pointers for buying land near/around ooty ? I'm looking to buy 2 acres of land for farmhouse.

Last edited by 2500cc : 16th September 2010 at 19:13.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 19:23   #327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 276
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

I am planning to buy some land in pongumoodu junction in TVM. The land is around 1 km from the junction and is low lying when compared to the sorrounding areas. The area is within cheravakill village. The asking price is 2.6 lakhs/cent. if anybody is familiar with this area advice if this is a good investment. The land has lorry access.
vishnurp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 21:58   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I am planning to buy some land in pongumoodu junction in TVM. The land is around 1 km from the junction and is low lying when compared to the sorrounding areas. The area is within cheravakill village. The asking price is 2.6 lakhs/cent. if anybody is familiar with this area advice if this is a good investment. The land has lorry access.

If this a farm land? Check the description in documents - if it is described as "nilom", it is farm land, and getting building permission would be difficult.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 22:00   #329
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 557
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I am planning to buy some land in pongumoodu junction in TVM. The land is around 1 km from the junction and is low lying when compared to the sorrounding areas. The area is within cheravakill village. The asking price is 2.6 lakhs/cent. if anybody is familiar with this area advice if this is a good investment. The land has lorry access.
IMO the asking price is too high. I am not too aware of the current prices in Tvm now, but still..
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 19:17   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Any pointers for buying land near/around ooty ? I'm looking to buy 2 acres of land for farmhouse.
Masinagudi and surrounding areas are falling within the elephant corridor.

Watch when you buy around that area.

Lots of land for sale around Ooty. Where have you seen the land that you intend to buy?

Last edited by beejay : 17th September 2010 at 19:22.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A trip out of Real estate to TEA ESTATE - Our Valparai vacation ch.nathan Travelogues 47 4th May 2012 16:00
Interesting website for availing discounts on bulk buying for cars, real estate etc. DCEite Shifting gears 0 6th September 2010 16:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks