Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th June 2011, 22:40   #511
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Guys any idea about SJR builders?
I am not sure about the project you are referring to, but i did research some of their projects when i was looking out to buy.

SJR Group has a lot of land in prime locations around Sarjapur road and ORR, so they are just waiting for a good chance to launch their projects. Issues with them are delays in completion, which pretty much seems to be the norm with most builders these days. Construction and flat quality is decent.

If you search on the net, you'd find a lot of negative feedback about them, but hardly anyone bothers to put in positive feedback these days.

If looking at a project from them, factor in a delay in the handover, for sure.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:27   #512
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Have you gone in with an intention to buy or is it a let me find out first.

Take cash in hand (not literally) and sit down and discuss the price. You will be surprised.

+1. I have seen this myself. Bargain, bargain and bargain more.
I have been trying for land since 6 months( CV Raman Nagar, Kasturi Nagar, Banaswadi ORR etc), nowhere did i get my rates or choice. Yes i agree there is a HUGE surplus of apartments coming in, where i wanted i did not get a price reduction.Also those who are reselling are not budging much, BTW have you known folks who have got bargains or lower rates? Premium projects and land, nothing is unsold, only as mentioned i see 70 lacs or so, many unsold but one has to like the place too, right? I do not prefer whitefield and that is where most projects are in surplus. BTW Adarsh, Shobha Iris, Mantri Espana on ORR are fully sold out. UKN on Marathahalli is sold out. Salarpuria has launched a project near Tin Factory- 1.5 crores, not sure if i bargain, i can get for 80-90 lacs. Purva Fountain Square resales are 85 lacs+, quoted 70-75, none coming down. Its all based on area i guess, not all places are the same in terms of trend
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:55   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
. Purva Fountain Square resales are 85 lacs+, quoted 70-75, none coming down. Its all based on area i guess, not all places are the same in terms of trend
Last year around the same time, the quotes I got for fountainsquare were around 68-70. Who is saying that the prices are going down
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 01:23   #514
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Good guys. But all prerequisite homework to be done individually. But yes folks on whom you can spend your valuable time doing some research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
SJR Group has a lot of land in prime locations around Sarjapur road and ORR, so they are just waiting for a good chance to launch their projects. Issues with them are delays in completion, which pretty much seems to be the norm with most builders these days. Construction and flat quality is decent.

@spitfire and @benbsb29; Really appreciate the quick and helpful inputs guys. In fact they are currently running a prelaunch offer for a project called SJR Fiesta located in electronic city phase 2. In fact they are quoting 2350 per sqft which I thought was reasonable especially considering the experience of the builders. They are expecting to launch it this month itself and complete construction in two years. Actually some of my friends who had booked apartments in SJR watermark also gave positive feedback about them. That is now going at 3700 per sqft they say. 2 years plus a delay of 6 months to an year I think is manageable. What say?

Last edited by UKR : 9th June 2011 at 01:25.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 08:18   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also those who are reselling are not budging much,
What sort of resellers are you targeting. Those holding a single property, multiple or agents?

There is way to deal with the people and the land. Quite obviously land situated in a corner, roads on two sides, other desirable locations. The seller wont budge much. And you have to sometimes might have to pay a premium.

Now target property away from these premium costs and then start trying to get a good deal.

Quote:
BTW have you known folks who have got bargains or lower rates?
Yes, me. Areas: Marathahalli, DoddeNekundi, Kagadaspura, Old HAL Airport Area.

Quote:
Premium projects and land, nothing is unsold, only as mentioned i see 70 lacs or so, many unsold but one has to like the place too, right?
See there is a difference between buying property and buying property. If you are looking for exactly what you want then there most likely there is a premium involved. Everyone wants a premium and the sellers/builders know this. So they hold on to it. You can bargain, but on the amenities, construction, etc.

If this is your only property ever to be invested in then you probably need to give that extra. Not required if you have the patience.

Quote:
I do not prefer whitefield and that is where most projects are in surplus. BTW Adarsh, Shobha Iris, Mantri Espana on ORR are fully sold out. UKN on Marathahalli is sold out. Salarpuria has launched a project near Tin Factory- 1.5 crores, not sure if i bargain, i can get for 80-90 lacs.
See all these properties are the first one a IT guy like you and me will rush to. Like the glitz and glamor and plonk his money because everyone else is buying one. The projects are good no doubt, but while selling everything looks nice and glitzy. What happens later is an issue.

Quote:
Purva Fountain Square resales are 85 lacs+, quoted 70-75, none coming down. Its all based on area i guess, not all places are the same in terms of trend
Recently I and a friend closed a deal for 80 lakhs - 3BHK looking inwards.

There have been reports of flooding in some apartments in heavy rain. Not a good roof drainage system. There are some more issues. We have some Fountain Square residents here they can elaborate more.

But having said that its prime property, a good location and build quality not the best but its good. You pay a premium only for the location.

Now to give you an idea of what I am saying have you heard of an Apartments on the left side of the Marathahali ramp going towards KR Puram. Its quite rich. Last month we struck a deal for 45 lakhs - unused 2BHK.

Like you I am still looking for the right one. I still stay in a rented apartment.

PS: I am no property dealer/broker/agent. I just like talking to people, collecting information and making use of both the above to help friends and fuel my appetite to learn.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 08:58   #516
Senior - BHPian

One mistake people commit is they search search and search for the ideal home with out realizing there is n't one in Bangalore atleast. No price correction is going to happen in Bangalore till the influx of people to the city continues,and now is the right time to buy at any point of time. I purchased a prime poperty in AECS layout 4 years back for 24 lacs, which is now quoting a cool 50lacs. This after seeing a bad recession in between.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 15:46   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Devdath, would your office transport pick you up, irrespective of the location? If yes, then you could look at an independent house on the outskirts, else you are better looking at a established locality.

In most places, as long as you have your own transport, you are fine.
This is good suggestion, but the only problem here would be Corporation water. Bangalore water table is going down and during summers we might have to depend upon Private Water Tankers. This is a real pain esp if you have an independent house. Its better if we try to look for some place which is a BBMP area and we might get Corp Water say in another 3-4 years. I would go for a BBMP/BDA plots rather than a private owned ones. Just my thoughts.
bond_bhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 19:35   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
This is good suggestion, but the only problem here would be Corporation water. Bangalore water table is going down and during summers we might have to depend upon Private Water Tankers. This is a real pain esp if you have an independent house. Its better if we try to look for some place which is a BBMP area and we might get Corp Water say in another 3-4 years. I would go for a BBMP/BDA plots rather than a private owned ones. Just my thoughts.
+1 to that.

I, personally would prefer a place which at possession getting corp water regularly. I know its not guaranteed. But its better than a place where you know for sure there is no pipe, no water just borewell and tanker.

For independent house and small buildings its a pain to get water tanker. However more power builders like Shobha, Mantri, etc. can make sure at ANY cost (political power or rupees) water is available.

Last edited by devrajman : 9th June 2011 at 19:36.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 23:10   #519
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What sort of resellers are you targeting. Those holding a single property, multiple or agents?

Yes, me. Areas: Marathahalli, DoddeNekundi, Kagadaspura, Old HAL Airport Area.

See there is a difference between buying property and buying property. If you are looking for exactly what you want then there most likely there is a premium involved. Everyone wants a premium and the sellers/builders know this. So they hold on to it. You can bargain, but on the amenities, construction, etc.

If this is your only property ever to be invested in then you probably need to give that extra. Not required if you have the patience.

Dude, you really got me confused. You say you struck deals, and then not for you? I guess it must be for other friends then as you mentioned
August too is not as premium because of its location and approach so trying that. Problem is i cannot give away too many factors that are key like access etc so maybe cannot look for that good a bargain like you mention

Another post i saw that buying from medium scale builders is scary, while the one u bot for 45 lacs is clearly a smaller builder?
Give me some possible options, would like to use your knowledge
BTW any idea of skyline? They got a few in Horamavu running now.
I agree there maybe good deals, one of my relative had bought a decent one from a good builder but medium scale one. Another good builder now in the market who is giving great quality is Sameer Khan, he has a few in Frazer town and one behind Manyata but out of my area

Last edited by mkh : 9th June 2011 at 23:14.
Old 10th June 2011, 13:43   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it must be for other friends then as you mentioned
Look at it this way. Friends buy properties I have already researched upon.

Quote:
so maybe cannot look for that good a bargain like you mention
If you want specific stuff you need to pay more. The seller knows that and the buyer needs to understand that.

Quote:
while the one u bot for 45 lacs is clearly a smaller builder?
Not all are the same are they? You should know where their family jewels are located and you need to hold them. And these guys have big ones. If you cant and you know they are hiding them well walk away.

And no the builder I was talking about is not small. I gave you a clue in my post about the name of the apartment complex.

Quote:
Give me some possible options, would like to use your knowledge
Area, requirements, budget, type, etc. Need those details.

Quote:
BTW any idea of skyline? They got a few in Horamavu running now.
I guess you are talking about Magnolia or something like that? Good.

Quote:
Another good builder now in the market who is giving great quality is Sameer Khan, he has a few in Frazer town and one behind Manyata but out of my area
Frankly not been around that area. I am a Electronics city, Hosur Road to maybe upto Horamavu along the ORR expert. LOL!!!

Frazer town and those areas though good. But its mostly murky.

Last edited by Spitfire : 10th June 2011 at 13:49.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 15:26   #521
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see a couple of places more, someone told me ( a BHPIan) that Sycon builders is a good one, has built with Prestige and Brigade and now on own. The project on Horamavu main road is a good one and now the next to it also has started. Called up- and guess what? Sold out! Where is the slowdown pals? Its supposed to be completed in Dec 2012.
Another one- Bhairavi builders is selling 3BHK+ at 4500!!! I am surprised at these medium scale ones in high demand!!
Old 13th June 2011, 16:12   #522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am surprised at these medium scale ones in high demand!!
If the location is good, usually people do not mind paying so much. Slowdown.. well there wasnt much.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 16:24   #523
BHPian

Hmm. Do a double check before narrowing on Horamavu road. I last heard that area was having a water shortage.
Even I was surprised that Bhairavi is quoting more than the reputed builders.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 16:41   #524
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hmm. Do a double check before narrowing on Horamavu road. I last heard that area was having a water shortage.
Even I was surprised that Bhairavi is quoting more than the reputed builders.
Actually water shortage is all around, starting from fountain square to almost every place in this part( east) is buying tankers. Surprises aplenty when i actually started seeing places
Old 15th June 2011, 00:24   #525
BHPian

Bhpians
Need help in buying plot in Abbigere area ,near BEL circle.
Please let me know how is the area for buying a plot and building for moving in?
also let me know if anyone is selling a plot in this area.

thanks
msvg
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote