| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10th August 2007, 00:09||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 433 Times
Refurbished/used means there has been a previous owner, right ? The shop that is selling you this would have bought this camcorder from the 1st owner with his bill(possibly). Just ask for that.
|10th August 2007, 01:16||#17|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 2 Times
the stuff on that site is refurbished. is there any warranty? it will depend on your luck how long it will work. ive bought a refurbished xbox and it still works just fine.
for those worried about customs, come thru chennai airport. i've successfully brought 2 laptops and many bottles of alcohol with absolutely no problem. heck ive never even seen a red channel there.
|10th August 2007, 01:21||#18|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 0 Times
|10th August 2007, 02:55||#21|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 226 Times
Here is what clearanceclub says about it:-
There are lots of things that can label items factory reconditioned or factory refurbished. Some are so frivolous, it's laughable. But because consumer laws prevent manufacturers from selling anything considered factory reconditioned as "new", the second consumer gets the best deal. Here are a few examples:
- Most major retail superstores offer a 30-day money back guarantee on their products and there are those consumers that just simply take advantage of that. These items are returned to the manufacturer, inspected and repackaged like new.
- Items where the box or casing was damaged in shipment which are returned to the manufacturer.
- The item was returned to the manufacturer because of a slight defect. The part that was defective was replaced by the manufacturer, tested and then repackaged just like new.
- The item was returned because of a minor cosmetic blemish on the casing that was corrected.
- Demonstration units are also considered factory reconditioned. These units are inspected, tested and repackaged.
- The box was simply opened. That's it!
- Brand new overstocked items are also labeled factory reconditioned.
It is impossible to know the history of each item, but for whatever reason the unit gets labeled factory reconditioned it is inspected & serviced by the manufacturer then tested and repackaged to meet original product specifications. All merchandise is warranted by the original manufacturer unless otherwise specified.
|10th August 2007, 10:48||#22|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Thanked: 7 Times
|11th August 2007, 08:36||#23|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 6,701 Times
All this is true, but refurbished can also mean replaced under warranty.
Of course, if the repair was good --- no worries.
I used to buy PCs from Dell's returns section for the office. We made a good saving and never had a bad one out of, err.... twenty or thirty!