Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2007, 18:23   #1
BHPian

Post How much you spend to visit bunk?

Guess everyone visits particular bunk each time to fill fuel. For many, this may not be nearby home/office, we still travel to that place to ensure we fill good fuel.

So what is cost involved to fill fuel for your car?

For me, it is 18 kms up & down to bunk. Considering my mileage 12 kmpl, it takes 1.5 lrs of petrol everytime I fill. I used to fill when its half tank, so it takes 1.5 lrs every 25 lrs. Considering 600 kms average per month, it takes 600/12 = 50 lrs, so 3 lrs spent to visit petrol bunk and hence 150 bucks per month it takes to fill good fuel. Hmm, not bad !!
Old 20th August 2007, 18:43   #2
BHPian

Whats the point of this thread?

In my opinion going 12 kms up and down and that too when the tank is only half empty is not a wise decision at all.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st August 2007 at 06:52. Reason: oops..i guess not :P
Old 20th August 2007, 19:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

i do around 3 kms plus to fill up
Old 20th August 2007, 19:10   #4
BHPian

I fill on the way to office or while heading back home and at the same pump, so no extra cost involved.
Old 20th August 2007, 19:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Both my preferred pumps are on my way to and fro office, no detours or extra distance
Old 20th August 2007, 19:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

I don't have to travel much to fill my car. Lots of good petrol bunk within 1 km radius of my house.
Old 20th August 2007, 19:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

On my way to office there is IOC COCO. On my way back there is Shell. I fill at either of these. So for me 0km or Rs 0.00
Old 20th August 2007, 19:29   #8
BHPian

I fill only at Shell. So I have to travel for around 12 kms up and down(Bannerghatta road to Bommanahalli ). So that is around 1 litre of petrol.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Guess everyone visits particular bunk each time to fill fuel. For many, this may not be nearby home/office, we still travel to that place to ensure we fill good fuel.

So what is cost involved to fill fuel for your car?

For me, it is 18 kms up & down to bunk. Considering my mileage 12 kmpl, it takes 1.5 lrs of petrol everytime I fill. I used to fill when its half tank, so it takes 1.5 lrs every 25 lrs. Considering 600 kms average per month, it takes 600/12 = 50 lrs, so 3 lrs spent to visit petrol bunk and hence 150 bucks per month it takes to fill good fuel. Hmm, not bad !!
Can't agree with you sathya. I think it is a new phenomenon with new car owners that they have to fill petrol only in Shell or maybe another private bunk. I have driven cars for almost the entire lives of a few people here, but still cannot find the logic in spending 150 rs to fill 50 ltrs of petrol, unless of course you live in a place where all the fuel bunks sell only kerosene as petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I don't have to travel much to fill my car. Lots of good petrol bunk within 1 km radius of my house.
Especially when someone is willing to say this ?
Old 20th August 2007, 23:46   #10
BHPian

Until and unless the quality is pathetic, i dont see a point in traveling so long. These days the quality has comparatively increased with new Petrol Vending machines that have smart cards which even monitors the filling patern

Last edited by madbullram : 20th August 2007 at 23:51.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

I have Shells all thru my office route. The nearest is 7 kms from my house while another is 3 kms from my office. Just for variety, Bangalore city limit's only Reliance bunk is also within 4 kms from my office. And all this enroute to/from house/office. Talk abt being spoilt for choice! Oh, another Shell enroute to my car accessory vendor whenever I go there

Last edited by theMAG : 20th August 2007 at 23:49.
Old 20th August 2007, 23:55   #12
BANNED

Is Shell/Reliance quality really better than the local franchisee?

I do believe so to some extent. I was having persistent problem with my genset and the fault was found to be water contamination and not adulteration. The local pump was just having a leak into its underground tanks. That convinced me that its worth some effort to fill at a good pump.
Old 21st August 2007, 00:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Until and unless the quality is pathetic, i dont see a point in traveling so long. These days the quality has comparatively increased with new Petrol Vending machines that have smart cards which even monitors the filling patern
Exactly my point ram. There are plenty of bunks in our cities which provide good quality fuel, it is just a matter of finding the best fuel you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I have Shells all thru my office route. The nearest is 7 kms from my house while another is 3 kms from my office. Just for variety, Bangalore city limit's only Reliance bunk is also within 4 kms from my office. And all this enroute to/from house/office. Talk abt being spoilt for choice! Oh, another Shell enroute to my car accessory vendor whenever I go there

ditto here. I wish i could yawn online. You trust ambani more than the next door businessman. yawn !! i am feeling sleepy now.
Old 21st August 2007, 00:16   #14
BHPian

I fill petrol on the way my office or back home mostly. Mostly no extra KMs travelled.
If the shell bunk falls on my way in week-end visits around city (mostly near Lavelle Road), I check my fuel guage, if it is near or less than half, I top it up there to full.
Old 21st August 2007, 06:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Please continue the discussion on this existing thread >

How Much Do You Spend On Fuel Every Month (How much do you spend on fuel every month)

No point having two seperate threads that are so similar.

Thanks,
R
Closed Thread