Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st August 2009, 20:20   #76
BHPian

@ MC Mayank, just a suggestion, if you are willing to rent a flat in and around kundalahalli / AECS/ BEML layout in brookefileds with not so prominent properties, i believe you can have 2 BHK in around 12K or so. I used to be in kundalahalli till march this year and was paying 10.5K for a 2BHK with car parking and basis amenities included like lift, generator back up etc.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 22:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I wouldn't say Bangy is very safe... at least at night and more specifically for women. Try not to stay out too late unless you are in a group. Gang of muggers generally target loners and couples, mug them of their belongings, cash, jewellery, vehicle, cell phone et all. And off late, they even take the poor victim to an ATM at knife point and ask you to withdraw the maximum amount possible. Much more dangerous for a woman as it wont stop at mugging alone.

I am not scaring you, but this is what my dear city is turning into. Other than that its a nice place to stay. The people are very friendly and nice. Not hostile at all. They will help you, or at least try to, no matter what language you converse in. The nightlife is very short (ends at 11pm) although private parties at farm's do operate till dawn. Drunken driving can land u in trouble as cops are pretty strict. Not that bribing doesnt work, its just that they have a monthly target - number of cases booked and revenue generated. The pubs are the best in the country and so is the beer. Also look forward to some nice sweet rides patrolling the streets at night.

I wish u all the best. Do keep us posted when u come down. Will be gald to meet up with u.

P.S. Luke, that was a nice description of the area with the cost association.
This is why i try and carry my Swiss Army Knife at all times.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
@spitfire, have you been successful in your search for a place in fountainsquare?
Hello MC, I had my share of trying to get a 2BHK in Fountain Square. This place is swamped by agents. If you need i can give you the numbers.

Deals depend upon:

1. How much you can pay.
2. How desperate are you to get a apartment there.

2 BHK: Rate this week (3-10 August): 16k with 1 lakh deposit.
3 BHK: Rate this week (3-10 August): 18k with 10 month deposit.

I went through a couple of deals this weekend but...

Deal 1: Agent, owner and me agree for 14.5k + 1 lakh deposit for 2 BHK at 20:00 hours Saturday 01 August 2009.

02 August 2009. 09:00, agent calls: "Saar, somebody else giving 15k."

I thought my deal is through? i even gave you the cheque yesterday.

"No Saar, owner wants to know whether you can match 15k?"

Duh? What about ethics? I thought we are done here.

Turn to my wife. "Owner demanding 15k."

Wife: Have wasted enought time already. Rs 500 is fine, cant miss more days from work.

Me to agent: "Fine, 15k. But i dont like this."

Agent: "ok".

1700 hrs, "Saar, how much deposit?"

NOW WHAT?? Didnt we agree 1 lakh?

"Saar, other party giving 1.2 lakhs. Owner wants to know whether you can match that?"

Can i speak to owner?

"Yes, sir."

Call owner: Hello, Some issues with the rental deal.

"Yes, we are wondering whether you can increase the deposit?"

Didnt we already agree?

"But we are getting more."

Turn to wife: Now what?

Wife: Says something to the tune of asking me to show the owner my middle finger.

Ok you can go with the more money. Please return my cheque.

"Ok".

Deal 2: 2 BHK 15k + 1 lakh deposit. Today morning. Same agent as above.

Owner + agent + me(conference call): "How much can you give?" - Owner.

Me: This is an auction?

Owner: What?

Me: What are you expecting?

Owner: I am getting offers uptill 16k, but i want to first know the folks better.

Me: Gave mine + wife's biodata.

Owner: Can you match 16k?

Me: Yes, I can. But i dont want to give it to you.

Owner: Duh what?

Me: You are wasting my time. Why dont you and the agent set up a auction house and stop wasting other peoples time. CLICK. Damn, cant even bang the phone now since this mobile thing started.

Thats the end of that.

Still looking.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:56   #79
BHPian

Spitfire, get rid of those parasites; read agents. Did you get in touch with PatienceWins? I remember meeting another BHPian with Bensb the other day - forgot his name - staying there. Its way better to request them to check the notice board ( I am sure it will be there and many to-let posts also) frequently for you and then hook up.
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 18:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Spitfire, get rid of those parasites; read agents.
Trust me, i dont like to approach them. And i have been searching on my own.

But time is a big factor. I travel a fair bit and weekends i have to spend them with my 1 year old son. Only for Foutainsquare did i approach the agents. We had agreed to 50% of their charges. i.e. half the rent.

Quote:
Did you get in touch with PatienceWins? I remember meeting another BHPian with Bensb the other day - forgot his name - staying there. Its way better to request them to check the notice board ( I am sure it will be there and many to-let posts also) frequently for you and then hook up.
Thats the last option. I would like to first try and get this done on my own.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:33   #81
BHPian

haha Spitfire, this is hilarious. But yes, looks like agents is the only way to go in Fountainsquare. I did see one ground floor flat but I din't like it too much for the 15k. After seeing that one apartment, I have kind of started widening my search and not restricting myself to just the big projects. I know I will never use the clubhouse or the pool. The tennis court in the Purva properties was attractive. Will let you know if I make some progress in the other places.
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 13:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

@spitfire. This is similar to my conversation with one guy in there. he never gave his figure for the rent. Kept on asking how much I can give. First I ignored and did not answer. next time, I said I will give max 10K and he was like WHAT?

Infact, even if he offered me for 10K I would have never ended up with him. Such people will not let you to stay for more than even a year. Next year the rent would be doubled and you end up searching for home & movers again

just my opinion.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 13:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thats the last option. I would like to first try and get this done on my own.
Spitfire,
Have sent you couple of PMs on flats available in Purva FountainSquare.
deepaktpatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 13:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Spitfire,
Have sent you couple of PMs on flats available in Purva FountainSquare.
Thanks a lot Deepak, yes saw those notes and have forwarded them to my wife. Not in town till Friday.

Really appreciate your time and help on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
haha Spitfire, this is hilarious.
Ha ha ha ha, yeah quite funny and uncalled for actually. It was very frustating at the end of it. But me and wife were pleased we didnt have to agree to the demands, just because we sounded desperate. Have to start talking smooth now onwards.

For me why Fountain Square, I am not too worried about the amenieties like swimming pool and all. Its more for security. It looks a very secure place. I have a 1 year old son whose parents are around only for about 8-10 hours a day and he gets really bored, with just his granmother around. The landscaped lawns which would be a lot of play area for my kid is all that i was looking for. He can use up his energy running around safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Kept on asking how much I can give.
Mjothi, this is the frustating part and i totally agree with you. Renting out a place is more then just the money. But i guess thats not always true and its better not to be tenants to folks who look at you more as cash loaded IT employees who will agree to anything.

The most irritating part is conversations like this:

Owner: Where do you work?
Me: Diamond District.
Owner: Oh nice. What firm?
Me: Firm Name.
Owner: As?
Me: Some Manager.
Owner: Nice. Good Good.

And the deal clincher most of the time:

Owner: And where does your wife work.
Me: IBM.
Owner: (With money in his eyes) Nice very nice. Good very Good. (I can sense him jumping around)
Me: So?
Owner: How much can you pay?
Me: Nothing. Thank you.

And to think IBM employees get the most meagre salary hikes from all firms.

Last edited by Spitfire : 5th August 2009 at 13:57.
Old 5th August 2009, 16:29   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For me why Fountain Square, I am not too worried about the amenieties like swimming pool and all. Its more for security. It looks a very secure place. I have a 1 year old son whose parents are around only for about 8-10 hours a day and he gets really bored, with just his granmother around. The landscaped lawns which would be a lot of play area for my kid is all that i was looking for. He can use up his energy running around safely.
How about Diamond District itself? I sometime back was toying with the idea of shifting there, just because of the same reasons you mentioned above, but never really made any progress on it. Whats your opinion on this place as a residential one?
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 12:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
How about Diamond District itself?
Oh i thought about it too. But, i found the folks staying there a bit well...snooty

Apologies and no disrespect to anyone and its just my view. I may be totally wrong here.

Having worked here for close to 2 years now it somehow didnt appeal to me.

But it is an excellent place - location and facilities wise.

Also I work here, i would not like my boss to know i stay next door.

Last edited by Spitfire : 6th August 2009 at 12:30.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I've heard the rooms in DD are quite small too. A friend of mine, who went to check it out for rent, said the rooms were matchbox sized.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 14:52   #88
BHPian

My sincerer advise to any one looking out for accommodation in Bangalore should log on to Sulekha dot com & register for free and search.

I know lot of house owners placing ads on it, even at times I have also placed ads on behalf of my friends & relatives. The response from people like you (potential tenant) is pretty good till now success rate is 100%.

With my past experience I suggest you to have a look at Sulekha, as it won’t cost you any thing except some browsing time.

Looking at some mail treads it looks like there is no end to people’s greed especially in Bangalore city, disgusting.

Don’t fall prey to these middle men/agents, they are robbing educated people in broad day light. Ignorant people are just paying up a Bomb with virtually no infrastructure in place in a city called Bangalore.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 15:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

+1 to tj123.

Other sites to view as per good recommendation:
sulekha dot com
99acres dot com
magicbricks dot com
bangalore.craiglist dot com (Nowadays taken over by agents but still possible to find some individual postings)
bangalore.click dot in
makaan dot com
olyx dot in (Mostly agents but few builders too so can have a look sometime)

Some more but the above should cover all.

@amitoj: The rooms are ok. By ok i mean 11x12 upto 15x16 bedrooms size. There may be bigger but these are what i saw.

Also the fact that the place Diamond District has a case running against it due to a lot of illegalities makes me stay away from the place.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:32   #90
Team-BHP Support

Craigslist is infested with agents. I've decided i have had enough of using that site.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote