Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th August 2007, 14:45   #1
BHPian

Wink Lookin for a Jeep

Hey guys,

Am new here just joined is more it.
well i'm from goa, love dat place. dont live in goa anymore but i do visit once a year and go trippin place to place.
I wanted to buy myself a Bolero 4wd or 2wd, i dont know the specs that well but i'm guessin 2.5 engine cc , about 80bhp and top speed of 120?
I was initially thinking Mahindra Classic, but rarely does anyone sell that Jeep anymore it is a classic afterall. well bolero isnt far away from the classic. I am not looking for amazing mileage but 10-12 is good.
someone suggested a gypsy to me but i dont have a clue what engine it has. 1.3 i'm guessin?
Well i come to you professionals to ask about which car is worth the cash.
i will use da vehicle one month in a year and my dad will troll it around now and then for his pleasure i guess.

let me know
ronaldfurtado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 14:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude getting a used Bolero aint that easy, very few sell it and many want to buy it i did look for one in Bangalor for sometime and later gave up.

Secondly finding a vehicle in good condition for a decent price, i think thats the biggest challenge.

FOr a good one you will have to keep a budget of 4 to 4.5, ask me and i will suggest you to go for a new one instead.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 15:21   #3
BHPian

Check the link below. There are couple of jeeps for sale

India Used Vehicles for Sale, Buy, Sell @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > India Used Vehicles for Sale, Buy, Sell,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand=
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey ronald you looking for bolaro, you'll get good number of boleros in local paper when your down in goa, I don't think boleros are that hard to find. there where two for near my place, will find if they are still there. both where 2000 model 2 WD, price was around 2.5-2.7 L will let you know. gypsy is a good buy but, I do not think you'll get any in good condition and it's a guzzler[8-10 km petrol].
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 03:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

i think you should go in for a bolero as it is a nice spacious car. comfortable as your father would be useing most of the time and you for a month in a year. the bolero is not at all hard to find not very expensive to the pocket. you also mentioned about the gypsy what you are talking about the 1.3 is the gypsy king which not many are there for sale. you would though get the older gypsy's easyly too.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 03:56   #6
BHPian

I've been doing some research and it seems all the mahindras depreciate pretty badly. 3 year old scorpios still cost 5 Lakhs. What about Qualis or Tavera or some jeep that is out of production, I'm sure their prices fall quickly.
Goa is bad for used vehicles. Even a Padmini costs around 30 grand. in Mumbai you get a Maruti for the same price.
I've checked out automart, carwale, contacted some dealers, it seems i can get a 2002 model Qualis for 2 lakhs. And a 7 year old mahindra would cost the same?
How good is the Qualis?
FAST? what about offroad can it take light offroading or does it suck.

Help me professionals.
ronaldfurtado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 10:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

I do not think so mahindras in demand but not that high, yes mumbai will be cheaper than goa, scorpios are on the higher side, but boleros I do not think so and since the new prices are lower by 20-30 grand. if you go through used car market [automart etc] you will have to pay Little higher than what you pay for direct buy.
and dude qualis is out of production man, good for on road use..light offroading [depends how light?] it can take quit alot of beating, but spares will be a hassel at least in goa.
As for those boleros both sold, had my friend ask the owner, one went for 2.1 L the other for 2.5L this one had the works alloys, sub,g-sport interior ,etc.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote