Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 21st September 2007, 14:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default For MODS: Slow approval process for messages

I don't know if its with new members like me or if its with everybody. but the approval time for the messages I submit is very high. Till the time my message appears in the thread, discussion goes far away from where I pinged.

I gives you the feeling of not posting message, as till the time it will appear, all will have lost the context.

I see its too many rules but less quality.

Please bear with me, but I felt very frustrated when I posted some suggestions but discussion went ahead as my message did not appeared on board in time.

very frustrating.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

think about it.
a year or so from now, you and I have over 1000 posts each.
become distinguished or whatever.
WE FIGHT
one of us decides to get at the other by just signing in as a new user and give the other a left right and center.

so this approval method is GOOD.

the time it takes, come on, you just got another 17 posts to go.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:50   #3
BHPian

I too agree with the above point. I totally understand the need for moderation of posts but its really frustrating when you are trying to make a point and you see that by the time your post was shown the point had become irrelevant.

What I am doing now is trying to make a lot of small posts just to reach 50 posts to get a bhpian status ( I hope I got the required number right ?? )
Old 21st September 2007, 14:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK - the quality is not bad at all. most of the mods are working if i am not wrong and hence they will be able to aprrove a post once they check the pending messages/posts.

but you are almost close to being a bhpian (only 17 posts remaining) and thats a good point. but since there is moderation - invalid / wrong posts may be deletd. also posting in shifting gears section & introduce yourself section donot add to your total post count.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 21st September 2007 at 14:55.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
but you are almost close to being a bhpian (only 17 posts remaining) and thats a good point.
Actually I am not anyway concerned about number of post I need for this or that. I just want to contribute effectively and if its not happening even after spending time and effort, something is wrong...

I am a regular member of forums like IndiaMike, BCMTouring, TIUG Yahoo Group, IndiaHighway Yahoo Group and I see the difference in the process.

You see what I am saying.
Old 21st September 2007, 16:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

At times you will have to wait a while till your post gets approved because the mods also do a lot of other stuffs besides approving newbie posts. Besides that they hold regular jobs as well. So sometimes it takes some time for the posts to appear. At other times it may happen very quickly.

Do remember one thing though. There is no escaping the approval process. For every 1 good post there are at least 2 which need to be removed as they fail the requirements in some way or the other. Yes there are a lot of forums which are freewheeling and have a different format. We have a different format here. It is not possible nor is it fair to compare one forum with another. This is basically an administrative decision.

@Akshat, that theory of posting lot of small one line posts to catch up with the 50 posts margin is a hugely erroneous one. I can suggest only one thing at this point. Do NOT do this mate.
Closed Thread