Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Et Tu, LBM ??
Hmm....

Yes with couple of friends nice place..
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:06   #47
Team-BHP Support

Do you folks remember something named Waves in Juhu? I remember being taken there once as a kid by my elder brother. Was about 15 years old then and that was my first step in a discotheque. And I went weak in my knees seeing the babes around me .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:12   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Since 15 and you are not tired of babes yet??shame on you.
I did not go to a discotheque after that until I came to Pune. Thats about 4-5 years of a break .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 23:24   #49
BHPian

Playing @ Club 8 in hyd on 10/06/07. so hyd members drop by. The food is really good in the restaurant Haveli....
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 23:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention TAIKA in my previous post.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:17   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Manson : Yup, Zenzi is an evergreen favorite. We had booked the place for my sisters marriage earlier this year, and the service + bar + grub was impeccable.

Quote:

Was never a regular at Czar, but this place and Insomnia have had some serious swings for no reason at all, besides the 1.15 deadline for most other clubs. I've walked into both with barely a handful of people, and sometimes with barely any space.
Agreed. Imsomnia was terrible...I never understood why people even bothered. Unbelievably expensive, horrible music and inexistent service (surprising for the otherwise meticulous Taj). The only good thing about Insomnia was that they were officially open till 3 a.m. or so.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Flags: At the old Golden Gate, Old Regal. Close to Mantralaya. Went to this place for the first time last night for a small private party thrown by Kishen Mulchandani. Very nice place, great interiors and decor, brilliant ambience. The food and service was also excellent. The lower section looks more like a lounging place, and the music is way too loud for the place to be called an out and out restaurant (again, I dont know if the loud music was just for the party last night). The upper section is more peaceful and much more brightly lit. No clue about pricing, but I'd definitely go there again.

The place was referred to as the 'Old Regal'. Anyone know why? I landed up at Regal cinema first and was pointed to this place.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 17:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I've been hearing the Worli Fire N Ice thing for precisely 3 years now. I really hope it is finally materializing like you say. But I wonder whether it will have the magic of the old place.

Poison is supposed to be branching at where Amnesia currently is at the Leela. I have heard the Bandra place wont close down.
Well, they are certainly opening up next month. The place is huge. Bigger and Better than the earlier one. Infact its bigger than Poison as well. Was there recently to check up on the work status. Here is thier website. Its still under construction.

About Poison....the owner of that property does not want to extent the contract. He's looking to start up a Banquet on his own. What a bummer!!!!

Anyways, to each his own.
Cya.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 18:27   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Someone I know has an excellent nightclub that is fully furnished and ready for launch. Its called "magic" and is bang opposite the Jewel of India at worli. Tastefully done up and excellent sound system. However, they are a little too busy with other projects to launch it anytime soon.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 18:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Someone I know has an excellent nightclub that is fully furnished and ready for launch. Its called "magic" and is bang opposite the Jewel of India at worli. Tastefully done up and excellent sound system. However, they are a little too busy with other projects to launch it anytime soon.

Haha. Yep. It was scheduled to open up earlier this month. If everything goes well, it should open up in the next 15-20 days for sure. Too many good place coming up in the Prabhadevi-Worli-Lower Parel belt.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 19:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on Hard Rock Cafe in Bombay?
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 19:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

After Flags, I went to Prive last night where there was a party to welcome and celebrate the Indian team's success at the world cup. Expectedly, the Indian team was in a very good mood, cheerfully posing for photographs and signing autographs for the awestruck staff. I was lucky to have not fallen in the small ponds all over the place which were nearly invisible. It was so dark, it was like a blackout. Yuvraj danced all through the night, while Dhoni was busy chatting up with Riteish Deshmukh. Others present were Sreesanth (remarkably subdued considering his antics on the pitch), Bhajji (balle balle here too, and to non bhangra tracks too!), RP Singh (looks much better in person. MUCH BETTER). Great party, good fun, too crowded, I'm just thankful the venue got changed from Red Light to Pive. there was no way the former would have accomodated these many people.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 20:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh yeah I know the guys too. Have been hearing of it beig launched for a few months now. Seems they have some problem with the licences currently being sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Any reviews on Hard Rock Cafe in Bombay?
Firstly its not a Disco or a nightclub. On Thursdays they have a Rock Band playing live but that days too crowded and most of the times some nouveau pseudo rock bands play rather shout and rant which is not even so enjoyable. The foods good though. One of the best burgers I've had for a long time . Great chicken wings and super duper cheese cake. Order it without the strawberry sauce the waiter so fondly recommends. Its nothing but strawberry jam and they charge you some odd amount for a tablespoon of yucky strawberry jam. Drinks are less expensive than Shiros, next door (Shiros's pricing is preposterous).
But its enjoyable and a nice place to go and hang out except when they are crowded. I wonder why one has to pay 50 bucks as parking charges to enter the premises.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 23:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I prefer sitting at home and getting drunk these days.
True. Hardly ever go out anymore here since everything shuts early.

Some old places that used to be great back in the day (considering I was in school then ) - Inferno, UFO, 180 Proof.

No clubbing as such these days but watering holes/pubs I would recommend :

Cosmo / Taika / Opus / Blue Bar / Hint / Sutra / Pebbles
Windsor Pub / Pecos / Jukebox <- Budget joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oooh, what I wouldn't give for a modern day Fire N Ice....this remains just a dream.
I went to some nice gigs at that place, folks from bbay/pune swore by it.
IMO if they re-opened, I doubt it would bring back the times from the old place or match expectations. Next spanking club in India I heard is rumoured to be "Bass&Trouble"

Did you goto Fuga when you were in Bangy? Your a diehard house music maniac na... they have that sort of stuff going down there often. Submerge and all.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 23:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Anirudh Fuga has lost its old charm man. Used to be a nice water hole for the weekends , but then the last time I went there came back dis-appointed.

Athena and Blue Bar has become a fav' hotspot. You know why ?
Am talking of the exotics in bangy ..
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote