Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th September 2007, 18:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default The NightClub / Disco Thread

Since we have the various threads dedicated to eating out in Mumbai, Delhi etc, I thought it would be appropriate to have thread about nightclubs and party spots across India, your experiences about the same. Whats hot, whats shot. Lets have your clubbing experiences here.

As for me I'm an avid party-goer and hit 3 places last night of which one was the opening of a brand new club, 'Bollywood Mischief'

Another watering hole in Bandra which I think is becoming the party suburb of Mumbai. Very brightly lit for a nightclub (or maybe it was just for the opening), quite large, with multiple levels. DJ Chandu is perhaps the resident DJ, since he was spinning most of the night, until Akbar Sami took to the decks. All the guests were very happy, mostly because they had just trooped in after India's victory in the World Cup, and a couple like Viren Shah entered waving a huge Indian tricolor.

I spotted a couple of Team Bhpians too; manson - almost glued to the bar, and V16 making a rather late entry.

Not sure what the closing time would be, or entry/ drink rates but I think the place must have been carefully chosen since early closedown times usually means poor business for nightclubs. Bandra police station, I've heard, is a bit lenient in these matters.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Not into clubbing but prefer pub-hopping as i love rock music.

My favorites in blore are: (in order of preference)

1. Guzzlers Inn - for the beer, music, newly renovated interiors, first class service (probably because i've haunted that place regularly for over 8 years) and i almost forgot - for delicious chicken. Try the chicken 65. Its outta the world. v1p3r u listening?

2. Purple Haze - for the music. But the beer aint that good.

3. Peco's - for the music and the beer, but the place is in shambles.

4. Styx - beer, music - really heavy and hard

5. Le Rock (next to guzzlers) - for the music, which used to be killer until the new kid (DJ) joined.

6. Pub World - for the beer and the different themes inspired by countries across the world.

7. 13th Floor - although i've been there only once, very long time back, i love the place. U can see the whole city from up there.

All places shut early like around 11pm or so.

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th September 2007 at 18:40.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hurriedly looking for the 5 star button..
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Pune scene is very bad. Clubs shut down at 2330 hrs. So forget about partying late in Pune.

My favs:

Lush.
Not just jazz by the bay.
Soho's.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well from Delhi I guess everyone knows about "Elevate", fantastic place and the music is real nice with a lot of international artists & DJ's regularly performing there. Also, it's legally open till 5am!

Perhaps, this is the only world-class night club that we have in India.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well from Delhi I guess everyone knows about "Elevate", fantastic place and the music is real nice with a lot of international artists & DJ's regularly performing there. Also, it's legally open till 5am!

Perhaps, this is the only world-class night club that we have in India.
been there number of times...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:50   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh... I almost forgot. In chennai, one can go to Zara which is in front of Chola Sheraton. Dublin also is worth a visit. But unlike Blore all pubs in chennai are in star hotels and the beer is expensive too.
Old 25th September 2007, 18:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

In Cal...
Someplace Else - a huge favourite with the lovers of rock, blues etc. Live music, good crowd. Only drawback is the lack of space.
Venom - good music (mostly), decent sized dancefloor, nice lounging area with a great view, open till late (or early!)
Soho - relatively new on the scene... I like the setup a lot. 2 levels, decent sized dancefloor, music can be good or bad depending on the DJ!
Underground - Youngish crowd, decent music, staggered dancefloor, good bar
Tantra - Used to be the in place in Cal for a long time. I have many fond memories of the place. But the crowd quality has gone down in recent times... haven't been there in a while.
Aqua - Poolside open-air/covered lounge bar and restaurant. Classy joint.
Roxy - Pub/wine cellar, lounge. very selective.
Princeton Club - New kid on the block. A new age Someplace Else if you may. Live music on certain days, cheap(er) booze.

@shuvd: Pls fill in the blanks

Last edited by razor4077 : 25th September 2007 at 19:00.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 19:24   #9
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Apart from Club Elevate ...

MOS - Famous Ministry of Sound CLUB! Known for the Exotic Pyramid Architecture, Brand value and Expensive.

Tabula Rasa - Clubbing in the Designer mall in saket Uber expensive, elite crowd and the place to be !!!

AGNI @ The Park in C.P is also classy joint with pool side lounge AURA!
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 20:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Oh... I almost forgot. In chennai, one can go to Zara which is in front of Chola Sheraton. Dublin also is worth a visit. But unlike Blore all pubs in chennai are in star hotels and the beer is expensive too.

hey rhapsody is good na.. also which is that pub which has a bike hanging from the top?
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 20:55   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey rhapsody is good na.. also which is that pub which has a bike hanging from the top?
Dunno about Rhapsody. Never been there. The pub with the hanging bike is "Bike n Barrel". GRT Grand Days also has a nice pub. Pretty elegant and has a professional ambience to it. Not a place for young ppl like those who visit Bikes.
Old 25th September 2007, 20:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

yupp.. that's the one.. would give a thumbs up to both of them..
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 00:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Ra was great till a really long time back, its gone real low since over a year now. Was a very well laid out club, better than most we have here.

Prive, everyone i know loves the place, nicely done, great music, great crowd, almost everything a nice club should be. Wish they could do something about calling it a night at 1.15 odd, bummer for a good place like this. Drinks and entry on the expensive side here.

Ghetto & Tavern, always the best places to get a drink with friends.

Another nice place was fluid, managed by china gate / golden orchid, in the same building, red box cafe replaced that long ago. Lived a very short life, would love hanging out with a bunch of friends over the weekend. Didn't quite get why it didnt do too well.

Btw, has anyone been to this place called Sutra, at the Intercon at Andheri. Looked up the place almost a year ago when it had just opened up, this was one grat looking place, with an accessible bar all through, couches, ample dance floor.
Don't know how the scene there was as i dropped by around 8-9 p.m while the banquet manager was showing me around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
the opening of a brand new club, 'Bollywood Mischief'

Very brightly lit for a nightclub (or maybe it was just for the opening), quite large, with multiple levels.
Nice place, located opposite globus and independence cafe at hill road.
The bartenders could do with some refinement and promptness.
Not as large as B&T makes it sound, but a lot bigger than 'glorified passages' we mistake as clubs, e.g. aziano
Ajay, the second level was much to do with clothing, and i doubt would have stuff going on later in the night, i guess it would more or less be a store.
The third level is beautifully done, was there for a short while. Its an open air joint, something like a mini Koyla.
Entry i think would be nil, and alchohol should surely not be on the 'really expensive' side.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 00:47   #14
BHPian

These are my picks from pune:

1.lush=good music+good crowd
2.soho=good music,nice place
3.TDS=very nice place,well decorated,good crowd,hip hop music most of the time
4.Area 51=just amazing but very far from my place
5.Scream(l'meredian)=nice chicks,good music

@MF.dude not all the club would be shut at 23:30.
lush would be at 1 or sometimes 2.
area51 @ 2
scream @ 2
TDS @ 1
and there are some clubs which stay open untill sunshine like kaviar and food junction'club which is now changed to some other name.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 02:18   #15
BHPian

I get demophobic except when on Bourborn street, New Orleans.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote