Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st November 2007, 11:43   #1
BHPian

Default Careful with speeds in NCR

Hi guys,

The NCR police seems to have waken up to the speed menace and is enforcing the same with a punch in NCR. Here is what happened in the morning today:

We were coming to office from Faridabad to Gurgaon. On the way, there was a caravan of police cars with a speed gun trained who were stopping speeding vehicles (it was the opposite lane i.e. vehicles travelling from Gurgaon to Fbd). Any vehicle doing above 50 was caught and dealt with. Also the placement was so precise! There is a slope on the way from Gurgaon to Faridabad. Right at the base of it. All the cars would gain speed and almost all of them would be doing above 50 (heck an autorickshaw will do 50 there)..

Just be warned folks! Careful is the mantra for the next few days.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 15:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

With all due respect, its been the same way for years.

happens all over delhi, even if its MG road, ghitorni, MB road, army camp just before sainik farms or even outer ring road once.

trick is to just make sure you spot that sumo before it spots you

why cant police be smarter, and just let someone have apparatus minus the sumo - would be darn tough to spot and more profitable for them
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 15:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
why cant police be smarter, and just let someone have apparatus minus the sumo - would be darn tough to spot and more profitable for them
They do - and it is.

They hide behind bushes or a clump of trees or whatever - that's how I got nabbed at South ex quite some months back
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 16:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Why doesn't somebody come up with a map of the locations which are their favorite haunts, That would be nice.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 16:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why doesn't somebody come up with a map of the locations which are their favorite haunts, That would be nice.
instead of maps why not T-BHPIANS share the locations/favorite haunts of traffic police.the few locations which i remember are as follows

1. just before the by-pass near GT road
2. near apollo hospital ,sarita vihar
3. south ex
4. outer ring road

will post more locations very soon....
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 17:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

Locations are very vague. Outer ring road is very long I think.
I am planning something... Will have it out in a few days. On google maps of course!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 17:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

following locations always has cops with their SUMO,mostly during 3-5

Right after the RedLight of Rajghat on Outer Ring Road,on the left while going towards ISBT

Right before MAjnu Ka Tila,on the Left hand side.

Karnal By Pass is all vulnerable area on both sides

at the End of DND flyover

hope it helps
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 17:35   #8
BANNED

Another regular place for them to park is on the road from vasant Vihar to Vasant Kunj --- strangely Ive never seen them clocking cars that go from VK to VV but almost a daily affair on the VV to VK stretch .

Also the Ghitorni stretch .. one is right after MG 1 ( the mall that got pulled down ) or then just before you reach Ghitorni . Again always spotted them on the drive to Gurgaon and never on the return .

Ive never gotten a ticket and the secret to that is ...... to never drive above 50 and then you don't have to worry about these guys .
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 18:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Again always spotted them on the drive to Gurgaon and never on the return .
On the return, they hide just around the bend near the DDA picnic huts (shortly before you reach Qutab Minar) - just after the T-point red light (the T-point coming from Tivoli Gardens). Mostly early mornings before the Office traffic starts in earnest.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 19:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

They are usually seen On DND.Every alternate day.and that too the same location.There is a left bend(near the gate of the place where the Times global village was held).People slow down automatically.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 21:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Locations are very vague. Outer ring road is very long I think.
I am planning something... Will have it out in a few days. On google maps of course!

i think thats a great idea..it will be able to point out the exact location ...till then we can continue this thread with only pointing the approx locations where we have generally seen the traffic police
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:29   #12
BHPian

Guys today again the speed trap was set and again several commuters were caught up. Same spot. Near Valley view apartments on the Gurgaon Faridabad road. Also they were using an Innova yesterday and today it was Versa
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

favorite spots include at end of Rajouri Garden flyover, when approaching Punjabi Bagh from Dhaula Kuan.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

I Paid 900 Rs, while driving at 80, on the Dwarka road from old Gurgaon Highway. And the traffic police guy, showed me favor of reporting just 68KM/hr. Otherwise I could have paid 1500 Rs. Also he told me that the fine can be reduced directly from the taxable income, while, filing return. Haaaa

just thought of it. Will those radar alerts sold in US, work in India. They can be bought cheap in US.

Something like this : CAR RADAR/LASER/SPEED/CAMERA DETECTOR MICRO FUZION - (eBay item 330182762610 end time Nov-02-07 21:00:00 PDT)

Last edited by rkbharat : 2nd November 2007 at 13:31.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:45   #15
BHPian

Yeah they can be. Probably a new market offering is on the anvil! Lets start the venture.

Also there are radar jammers (strictly illegal) in US. That is also a product we can look at

ROFL @ it can be deducted from Taxable income!