Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th July 2017, 13:43   #301
BHPian

Default Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Guys, I am moving from Delhi to Bangalore for work. Need to take clothes, personal belongings, a few basic utensils and the likes (Should not be more than 2 * 23 kg suitcases). And also my motorcycle.

Does it make more sense to courier the stuff and send my bike through Indian railways? Or is there a better option?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 19:57   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Guys, I am moving from Delhi to Bangalore for work. Need to take clothes, personal belongings, a few basic utensils and the likes (Should not be more than 2 * 23 kg suitcases). And also my motorcycle.

Does it make more sense to courier the stuff and send my bike through Indian railways? Or is there a better option?
You do not have a lot of stuff to actually need a packer & mover service. You could courier your 2 bags as you mentioned. Safexpress comes to my mind.

Alternatively, you can book an Air India flight to Bangalore while moving from here. They have a baggage allowance of 25KG which should be sufficient enough for you. (assuming you are married and moving with your wife). I did the same when I moved from Mumbai to Delhi.
skyrocket003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 14:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
You do not have a lot of stuff to actually need a packer & mover service. You could courier your 2 bags as you mentioned. Safexpress comes to my mind.

Alternatively, you can book an Air India flight to Bangalore while moving from here. They have a baggage allowance of 25KG which should be sufficient enough for you. (assuming you are married and moving with your wife). I did the same when I moved from Mumbai to Delhi.
Thank You. I have already booked my flight (non AI) and am travelling alone. Time to give these Safexpress guys a call. Have heard good things about them and their packages.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote