Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th December 2007, 16:36   #1

Default Bad news for NH-4 drivers - GQ contracts terminated

Guys,
Bad news for those who want to drive on NH-4: Bad stretches between Chitradurga-Haveri are going to remain and worsen becoz the contracts have been terminated . It's a pain to see farmers drying their crops on portions of highways for which crores have been spent. Even the good stretches are full of diversions.
See this: .:NHAI:.Completed Stretches on Golden Quadrilateral

Also, be ready to shell out 44 Rs as toll fees per car(a new toll plaza is coming up after Sira)
I think only Vajapayee govt can complete this golden quad project
nadigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 17:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Now that they may not come to power and we can expect this road to be like this forever . I do hope the gvt. will re-tender the same and soon the work will start on this. But we all know what time the govt takes for such kind of projects. We can expect another lull for another 2~3 years. By that time, the current road will also get worsened. Then they will re-tender whole of NH-4 to be relaid.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 17:59   #3
BHPian

So disappointed to hear that, thought it was just a matter of time before they start work again on it. Been on it a couple of weeks back and it's really bad, absolutely no reason to refer to those sections as part of the NH4 Highway ... shame on the Goverment!
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 18:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Roads are in such a bad state throughout Karnataka, dont think anything great would happen. We need a good government both at center and state...!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 19:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Well really sad to see this is the state of roads in a gr8 state at one time. People in politics are not bothered of roads as they got choppers!
When will people learn and get a good govt!
Vajpayee govt was pretty good in terms of getting the road done. While what we got now is people trying to blame each other...
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Very True, GQ project in Karnataka will take more time to see complete 4 lane, I feel it will never get completed also center is neglecting GC every Indian can see that. This is what public say.

From known source what I heard is stretch between Chitradurga and Haveri will never get completed in near future unless some ministry takes good interest and get it done.

Last year only i realized this and "My all josh of buying luxury car came to hold because of this bad road condition".

I feel by 2009 GC project will be completed 100% in India only Iff public utlize the golden opportunity which will come their way in 2008

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 20:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Then they will re-tender whole of NH-4 to be relaid.
They sure will. Anyway to waste tax payers money and to pocket a healthy share for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Roads are in such a bad state throughout Karnataka, dont think anything great would happen. We need a good government both at center and state...!
good government at the state level ???????

hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I feel by 2009 GC project will be completed 100% in India only Iff public utlize the golden opportunity which will come their way in 2008
I would not bet on it. The work happens only once some noise is raised.. then work dies down again. Basically the longer you prolong the more changes to make more off it.

Last edited by IronWolf : 4th December 2007 at 20:14.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 20:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well lot of voice/noise riased around davenagere area about bad roads.

It didn't have any outcome, officers incharge show their hands limited even to do maintanance because case is in court and because of stay on it. This shows in India even law and order suffer too much.

People take advantage and misuse the Rules in India rather than actual benefit.

We should blame people who filed case in court and politicians not showing interest to resolve this matter fast.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 21:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Our road trip will be coming out soon. Karnataka roads, traffic, overloading sucks. My boss drove around India and slams karnataka roads
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 21:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

That 150km stretch has been a testing ground for vehicle suspension systems for a long time. Since the contract non-renewal is (almost) official, let them stop collecting any further toll on the entire stretch. I feel it's but Logical.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 11:36   #11
BHPian

Does anyone have an update on Karwar-Magalore NH17 stretch? From last two years this road was heavily damaged and almost non-existent in some stretches. Earlier I used to take this road to reach Kerala from Pune after taking a diversion from NH4 after Hubli and could cover Pune-North Kerala in 16 hrs. Iím planning to make another trip in May and any information would be useful for my route planning. Yet another trip on NH4 from Davengare to Chitradurga through those diversions to traval via Bangalore is such a painful thing and spoils the entire trip!
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 13:29   #12
BHPian

CasperRider, I was on NH-17 in the last week of January and did the Karwar to Udupi stretch. It is in decent condition except for some bad patches near Bhatkal.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 22:42   #13
BHPian

Abhay, Great, that was like oxigen for me! Thanks a lot.
CasperRider is offline   Reply With Quote