Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2007, 21:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Bullets, yes; suicide bomber, yes.

She was shot; the assassin(s) then blew themselves up --- according to TV just now.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:14   #17
BHPian

Her death brought her back to Pakistan. It is going to give Mush an excuse to hold on to power. Black day for Pakistan and its people.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:16   #18
BHPian

It looks like there was a suicide bomber as well, this killed 20 more people !
Old 27th December 2007, 21:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well,thats very sad and a correct indication of where Pakistan is headed.

Pakistan is on fire and nobody knows whats next.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Brave woman no doubt. But a bit stupid and egoistic if you ask me.

Hamid Mir (from Geo TV) is a columnist on rediff.com and he says that she spoke to him and told him that there were many serious reports abt attempts being made on her life. According to Hamid, she ignored them and thought nothing would happen to her. Also, the PPP ignored or didnt take these threats very seriously and so kept dragging her around to her constituencies.

Another article I read in OctobeR (when more than ah undred people were killed during an attack on her return parade) was that she knew people would try to kill her. Why did she have to make such a hue and cry abt getting from the airport to her residence ? She could have just taken a convoy quietly and gone. But she and her PPP chose to make a big parade out of it which resulted in so many people being killed.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Really shocking!
Just got to work,and saw the news. It was amazing that she got away from the very first attempt on her life,2 months ago. CNN said that she was shot,and then the bomb went off.
May her soul rest in peace..
Old 27th December 2007, 21:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Could be anybody from Mush to CIA to KGB or our own RAW, apart from Islamic fundamentalists.

Anyway, very tragic. Benazir was no saint, but at least she stood for democracy and was forward-looking. And she was a mother of three. Cannot but help feel sad for her and her family.
the KGB is dead now

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
How can that guy get away with this all the time ?
You know who i'm talking about.
his time will soon come
Old 27th December 2007, 22:04   #23

yep! she was assassinated! There was also a suicide attack! whom to pity?? The one who's no more now or the nation? I believe we should have peaceful neighbours if we are to live peacefully!! Let's see what's in store for Pakistan.

Peace be upon Benazir.
Old 27th December 2007, 22:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

a good leader lost! May her soul RIP.
Old 28th December 2007, 02:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

I feel for her kids etc but her mother openly accused her and her husband of killing her brother Murtaza and of missusing the Bhutto name even though she was now a Zardari.

The USA were angling to get her back in power as they enjoy puppet regimes. Even the corruption charges against her were dropped due to US pressure.

I guess that is an end for the Bhutto dynasty untill the kids grow up. Will Bhuttos husband continue to missuse the Bhutto name so he kids can get into power or will the real scions of the Bhutto family (eg son of Murtaza) be able to win over the PPP.
Old 28th December 2007, 02:14   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Another life wasted. There was a clear risk and she ignored it. Pakistan is a pretty lawless country and nothing Mush could do to protect her. (Assuming he is not involved)
Old 28th December 2007, 03:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Mixed feelings. She was a strong woman in her own right, though her leadership abilities will always remain in doubt. She was also known to have embezzled hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars. She was no friend of India either.

I feel for her family though, and the people of Pakistan. This is just another excuse for riots and more militancy/unrest.

Makes me realise, for all our cribs, we live in a relatively stable and safe country *crosses fingers and touches wood*.
Old 28th December 2007, 03:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Makes me realise, for all our cribs, we live in a relatively stable and safe country *crosses fingers and touches wood*.
I guess as long as oneself & near and dear ones are well,nothing more to ask from life.
Old 28th December 2007, 07:13   #29
BHPian

This is a very classy bunch of people on this Forum. I have met some very ugly and shameful attitudes on other Indian forums and I didn't expect anything different here, but I was wrong.

keep on truckin', team
Old 28th December 2007, 07:35   #30
BHPian

Well to be brutally honest, if Bhutto wasn't involved, this would be just another "routine" suicide bombing in Pakistan. They seem to be pretty common in the land of pure for some time. And it seems like a trained guy did it. Shot on the neck and chest amidst all that crowd, that needs training. The bombing was probably a distraction.

And Benazir ben was the mother of Taliban and helped fan terrorism in Kashmir. And 1000s of Indian soldiers have been sacrificed in Kashmir. So I wouldn't say I am feeling all sad. Benazir or no Benazir, Pakistan is in hell right now and will be there for quite some time. Ah screw Pakistan, let our economy grow at 10%!!!

And with her gone and Nazaz Sharif's party down in the drain, guess who is going to win the election?

Oh btw have any KFCs or McDonalds been burnt in Pakistan so far ?
Closed Thread