Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 10th January 2008, 11:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Really sad state of affairs, may his soul rest in peace.

What would have happened if gowda's car had collided with other person's car. Would then the victim be compensated for it. No, just show how powerful persons can get away with crimes so easily like this in India.
How do we know that Gowda's did not hit the other car? Its Gowda's word against the poor chaps. The way these politician drive through the busy thoroughfares they think that their laal batti makes the traffis go poof. Its people who panic and make way otherwise these politicos will be involved in a crash everytime they are out on the road.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think people from outside Karnataka exaggerate his qualities (BAD ones). He is same as any other politician. He is no terror or demon.
I would have agreed with you about 20 years. After the 1989 debacle where he almost political died, he emerged as a very different person. I am no outsider and I can tell you there is no exaggeration.

Quote:
I hope someone registers a case against the people who went to the young guy's house to threaten.
It will need a very powerful person to do so, still it will go nowhere.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I think people from outside Karnataka exaggerate his qualities (BAD ones). He is same as any other politician. He is no terror or demon.
I hope someone registers a case against the people who went to the young guy's house to threaten.
This news erport is the suppressed version of the incident. I am born and brought up here in Karnataka and local educated people know about the adocity of Mr Gowda and sons crime syndicate. Please remember the empire hotel incident by his granson and the post incidents.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
May be they don't buy insurance. Who has
guts to check their papers.
Boy....Insurance??? Do you know who Gowda is??? He owns the Leela palace, why almost entire Bnagalore, why will he bother about insurance. He has so many crores of currency that his next 10 Generations can live in luxury. His grandson drives around in a Hummer and whole lot of exotics.

Do you really think he ll be bothered about insurance??
Old 10th January 2008, 12:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha Gowda is a joker and the kannadigas need to realise that, he will still get reelected though.

He came to my homestate for the leglative elections promising Kannada will be made official language and theatres specifically for Kannada movies will be build. None of his parties ticket won a seat and was humiliated. He was even humiliated in the hotel he was staying. His goons got a taste of their own medicine when one of them tried to act as if he was in bangalore. One of them was thrashed so badly that he probably will think twice before hitting anyone.

He will try and act like a saint now and make one of his henchman the baali ka bakra, by getting him arrested and handed over to the police. He might probably continue the drama by he himself walking(humble farmer) to the policestation. The elections are around you know..

Also i am sure he is going to say Yedi is after this. That will be a big joke on the face of the kannadigas.

I was ashamed when he was made Prime Minister, what an insult to India and Indians
Old 10th January 2008, 12:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

He owns the Leela Palace !!
Its mis-conceptions like these that make people think he is a great BAD guy. He is not that smart. He is just shameless.

What I meant by exaggeration is that some of the qualities that people attribute to him to show as if he is very calculating and all that. As I said he is just plain shameless. He didn't have to engineer the drama that unfolded in Karanataka meticulously. It was the power hungry and foolish opposition that made it seem so.

Last edited by srishiva : 10th January 2008 at 12:33.
Old 10th January 2008, 12:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Boy....Insurance??? He has so many crores of currency that his next 10 Generations can live in luxury.

Do you really think he ll be bothered about insurance??
Well, since they can't claim insurance, they went to boys house asking for 25k
Old 10th January 2008, 14:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@srishiva ask anyone around bangalore and they know who owns the place dude. Its not the hotel but the land that the hotel is sitting on is his!!!
Well opposition guys actually trust him and thats the biggest mistake to be done here!! He will create a drama around this incident and see the way he acts. ACtually he is the best actor down south.
Remember the line he told Mr Narayan murthy when he was invited to Infy office in Mysore. He actually said "You are all big company owners and where am i a humble farmer. What will i come and do in Infy office in mysore"
Old 10th January 2008, 15:39   #24
BHPian

This is so sad !! shame on such politicians who send goons to collect money, just because an accident happened and a car got damaged, keeping in mind that such incidents can happen to anyone at anytime, anywhere........
Old 10th January 2008, 15:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of Uriah Heep from the classic David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Humble Uriah Heep he used to call himself. :-)

Anyways, such a sad waste of life. And all for a small car crash in which no one was hurt. I can very well imagine the terror the guy must have been in.

Yes politicians are the same almost everywhere. This could have very easily happened in quite a few states.
Old 10th January 2008, 16:26   #26
BHPian

in my opinion, most of youth especially in india lack proper grooming! This is a incident which involves high profile person as a victim of accident. But there are various issues on which children / youth need information on how to act in crisis. Unfortunately parents and teachers today lack counselling skills. Young cant handle emotional failure (exams, love, jobs, accidental crisis, etc) very well. Also treating authorities like police etc as sick and inefficent will not put us in any advantage,

Surely i am not defending Devegowda here, but sadly its a inefficency in us to live a quality life
Old 10th January 2008, 16:31   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
This is so sad !! shame on such politicians who send goons to collect money, ..
I don't think he sent anyone, the goons decided to exploit the situation
Old 10th January 2008, 16:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

may his soul Rest In Peace.
indeed, politicians are the same everywhere. just like a businessman's job is to do business, a cleaner's job is to clean, a driver's job is to drive, a politician's job is to play politics.
Old 10th January 2008, 21:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Terrible! Now thats a really sad thing to happen. Poor chap..may his soul rest in peace.
These goons ought to get the same treatment they give others.. I hope what goes around,comes around.
Old 10th January 2008, 21:24   #30
BHPian

Angry

sad news there.... may he RIP....
oh gowda!!!!
when will this old junkie stop messin with kannidagas?????
i hate to say this, but aint got no choice.....there will be no space for this junkie even in hell.
Closed Thread