Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th January 2008, 18:17   #1
BHPian

Post Completely lost should i from Bangalore or Kerala

Hi Team-Bhpian,

For some time i have been thinking of picking up a used car. As i always like the ZEN, i did't had to think twice in deciding which car i had to, but to decide from which place i need to pick it up has always been a problem right from the day i decided to go for it.

There are couple of things which make me confused.

1) Cost of the Used car:-
=====================
A 2003 Lxi ZEN in b'lore would cost me between2.4 to 2.5L . Atleast that the price which i have come across, after i started car hunting. On the other hand when i enquired in kerala there are various 2003 VXI's which are available between 2.20 -2.50 so comparitively its always a better buy from Kerala. A 2003 VXI in b'lore was quoted for 2.80 in b'lore as well .

2) Should i buy the car in kerala and simply drive it here
==============================================

The other option which i have is to buy a car in Kerala and simply drive it in B'lore. The reason why i am more inclined in picking up a car from b'lore is simply because it would have a KA Reg and would also have the Karnataka Tax paid ( which would help me a lot in b'lore, specially with the cops ).

My useage of the car in b'lore would be very limited as i keep travelling very often out of the country as part of my job.

I am confused !! Pls advice..
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 20:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

2.30 is too much. A well maintained 2000 went for 1.5lac last day.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 10:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
2.30 is too much. A well maintained 2000 went for 1.5lac last day.
Yes JK, but that's the price that's quoted in b'lore these days..
jango is offline   Reply With Quote