Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 17th January 2008, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up India Awakening?

For the last 2-3 days I have been reading in the e-papers of Delhi that the people of our country are finally rising to the fact to bring about a change. Things have started moving and people are now self-inaugurating basic public amenities like flyovers which are waiting for a formal opening by VIPs. I wonder what has brought this change in the minds of people! Is it because of inspiring movies (RDB and Chak De India to name a few)? What are your thoughts on this. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Most importantly, will this trend last and make any change in Govt. policy? My personal belief is that it is something that we needed. Its come a little late but better late than never. Cheers to Kiran Bedi and Sanjay Kaul (who started this trend this time).
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 14:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but who is Sanjay Kaul? Secondly its high time that we move away from this "babu giri" so that the essential public utility services do not eat dust or die waiting for a formal inaugration from some VIP. Besides, if a VIP is coming to inaugrate, more traffic jams...
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 01:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Pardon my ignorance but who is Sanjay Kaul? Secondly its high time that we move away from this "babu giri" so that the essential public utility services do not eat dust or die waiting for a formal inaugration from some VIP. Besides, if a VIP is coming to inaugrate, more traffic jams...
And more cops at that location, all to protect one great politician.Where as those cops would have come in handy at some other location,or atleast be used more effectively.

Well,if India is awakening,then good! Hibernation time's over,now for some real things to happen.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote