Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd January 2008, 18:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Suman Bhai.. just for info, as being a very low commuter to gurgaon... from where does this toll bridge starts off and till where it lands ?
Ashish, the expressway starts near Dhaula Kuan & ends somewhere near Hero Honda Chowk IIRC - there are 3 toll collection centres. KM24 is one of them, there is one near the loop of the International Airport (not relevant to those who are not going in & out of the airport) & one at KM42.

The last mentioned one would only be relevant for people who are going to Jaipur or coming back, the Km 24 one would be applicable to all who are going to or coming back from Gurgaon.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ashish, the expressway starts near Dhaula Kuan & ends somewhere near Hero Honda Chowk IIRC - there are 3 toll collection centres. KM24 is one of them, there is one near the loop of the International Airport (not relevant to those who are not going in & out of the airport) & one at KM42.

The last mentioned one would only be relevant for people who are going to Jaipur or coming back, the Km 24 one would be applicable to all who are going to or coming back from Gurgaon.
Oh this is great piece of information, one can easily dodge the traffic !!
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:42   #18
LLL
BHPian

For occassional commuters like me, who go once in a while to GGN, any shortcuts available to bypass the toll plazas?

Also, i had a chance to travel on expressway and its pretty good. Went from DLF-3 to Sec-31 in like 6-7 mins.

But saw a villager crossing the expressway..a sure suicidal move for him and murder of car occupants. I hope they come up with some pedestrian bridges pretty soon or do something to bar pedestrians from crossing the expressway, else we might see a few fatal accidents (car pileups trying to save a pedestrian)
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:52   #19
BHPian

Just to add few points.
There are total 3 Toll bridges on this. First one IGI Toll, this is located, when you come from Delhi and take IGI Airport Flyover road from the Mahipalpur Flyover, 2nd one is at Delhi/Gurgaon Border and 3rd one is at 42 KM, which I think is after Mansesar.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
For occassional commuters like me, who go once in a while to GGN, any shortcuts available to bypass the toll plazas?
Which side of Delhi would you be going from? I'd suggest you take Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road.

Else, take a two wheeler & ride alongside the expressway through the service lanes - no toll required

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I hope they come up with some pedestrian bridges pretty soon or do something to bar pedestrians from crossing the expressway, else we might see a few fatal accidents (car pileups trying to save a pedestrian)
There was a fatal accident last Saturday - little schoolgirl died after being hit by a truck when she & her brother were crossing the expressway on foot. It was a foggy morning and..........

Last edited by suman : 23rd January 2008 at 08:55.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Gurgaon Expressway is yours from 4 pm today

Gurgaon: Driving from Delhi to Gurgaon will be a signal-free, high-speed experience from Wednesday evening. The entire stretch of the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway is finally ready for traffic. Its last link — from Rao Tula Ram to Palam flyover — and the 32-lane toll plaza at the border will be thrown open to traffic at 4 pm on Wednesday. With this, you can cover the 15-km distance from Rao Tula Ram Marg in Delhi to IFFCO Chowk crossing in Gurgaon in just 15 minutes instead of the earlier 45 minutes.

Although it is a toll road, you won’t have to pay the toll for a few days — till DS Constructions, which built the Expressway, gets the completion certificate from independent consultants RITES. Union Minister for Shipping, Road Transport and Highways T.R. Baalu, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Diks hit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will attend the inauguration.

Although eight of the nine flyovers were made operational last year, traffic diversions around Rao Tula Ram and traffic pile-ups at signals had turned driving into a nightmare. “I have suffered for more than two years. I remember days when it would take me two hours to reach my home in DLF Phase II from my office in Connaught Place,” said Manoj Dwivedi, an IT consultant. “I am looking forward to a snarl-free drive on the Expressway.”

Source

Last edited by dadu : 23rd January 2008 at 09:37.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:35   #22
BHPian

How many lanes are there on this expressway? Couldn't find the info :( !
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:52   #23
BHPian

This is real good news man.. now something to connect Noida directly to Gurgaon
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
This is real good news man.. now something to connect Noida directly to Gurgaon
Mayank, what are you smoking man?? This link is from just before the Palam airport to Gurgaon!! Noida is very far away from there!!

P.S. Mods - Can you please merge this thread with the one already existing: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...on-border.html

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd January 2008 at 14:14.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: threads merged
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:34   #26
BHPian

At last this is inaugurated after a delay of 32 minutes. Hope there won't be any more delays in travels now
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:03   #27
BHPian

Exclamation DND flyway

Damn! Looking at the Gurgaon Expressway rates, DND flyway (Noida) seems too expensive!
  • Charges Rs 20 per one way trip
  • No concession for regular commuters (touch'n go silver cards)
  • No concession if you work in Delhi & live in Noida. I have to pay Rs 40/- daily for to & fro trip!
  • Altough now rectified, there used to be jams for the past 4-5 months on the DND flyway due to construction of Mayur Vihar link road.
I think Noida toll bridge company should reduce the rates by half now!
akash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:11   #28
LLL
BHPian

Eventhough Del-GGN expressway is very good, its a recipe for disaster. I had a chance to travel again on it today from Dhaula Kuan to DLF-3 and just could not help think that lot of lives are going to be lost on it unnecessarily. This might become another greater noida expressway.

Saw the following -

1. call center cabs driving like a maniac. Saw a qualis trying to squeeze thru 2 cars @ more 80 kph, nearly brushing off both the cars.
2. impromptu stops came up...taveras were standing in the leftmost lanes, dropping off passengers
3. autos, bikes and even saw a bicycle trying to break the speed limit
4. pedestrians crossing...must have seen atleast 10 of them at various points.
5. saw an esteem reversing as the guy had missed the exit

next time will take my camera and post pics as well...

Last edited by LLL : 23rd January 2008 at 19:13.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 09:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
At last this is inaugurated after a delay of 32 minutes.
Lol, I guess you meant months .

Used the newly inaugurated flyover this morning & even at that hour (7.30 am), it saved me almost 3-4 minutes; in peak hours, I think it would save 10-15 just at that point on RTR Marg-Domestic Airport crossing
Old 24th January 2008, 14:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
How many lanes are there on this expressway? Couldn't find the info :( !
It is 4 + 4 lanes with 16 + 16 lanes toll plaza at Km 24.
codemarauder is offline   Reply With Quote