Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th February 2005, 02:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Super car KITTT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Knight Rider , Street Hawk and AirWolf. But still outta the three my fav has to be Knight Rider

Dippy

DITTO !! knight rider rocked i loved street hawk too ,Doordarshan !!!.. i loved the super car kitt so much , hell i didnt even know it was a transam then ,i called it the firebird car coz i had a black die cast transam firebird with the phoenix on its hood ..

i got the knight rider sound theme aswell ..damn this is nostalgic am searching limewire for the street hawk theme rightnow !

weeeeeeeee

Last edited by turbo_lover : 27th February 2005 at 02:58.
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2005, 10:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i didnt even know it was a transam then ,i called it the firebird car coz i had a black die cast transam firebird with the phoenix on its hood ..
I used to live in Dubai when they aired Knight Rider way back in the 80s.. they were 1 hour episodes like the ones they showed on Star World last year. During the course of the serial the only dinky cars I bought were black Pontiac Trans Ams

I saw the re runs on Star World as many times as they repeated it I love that show soo much . I have pics of the actual KITT in universal Studios , will find and post them

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2005, 12:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

remember me and my bro waiting for streethawk to be aired , takes me back to childhood .

manson .
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2005, 20:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

loved jesse marks and his steed!

me and my friend used to lean out of our cars and shout "street hawk" to any bikers on the road. one day someone cornered us and demanded to know why we were calling him sweetheart!!

i think i still have the mrf mattel model sold in india lying around somewhere...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 22:40   #20
BHPian

Hi,

does anyone know from where can I download all the episodes.. can't seem to find the torrents also!

Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 23:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I have all the episodes on DVD

When I watched it for the first time last year after a gap of 25 yrs or so, I actually had goosebumps. It was that nostalgic. Especially when he hits the hyperthrust button !!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 00:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Are you serious?? Holy molly!! Now thats something that I have to get from you..

One of the most appealing shows of its times.. Loved the way the bike looked & the stuff it had on it.

Edit: I just remembered! I have the toy-replica of the bike with me here in Houston. My dad happened to find it in box full of my old stuff,and he brought this for me. Remember getting it as a gift when I was 8-9years old.

Last edited by Nitin : 27th March 2008 at 00:20.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 01:45   #23
BHPian

Was really young when StreetHawk used to be aired. I remember always dozing off during the episodes, only to wake up when the music got loud.
Most of the time I'd wake up in time to see him make the flying exit from his hideout! Couldn't really comprehend most of the story, but I loved to see the bike in action.
dustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 11:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Edit: I just remembered! I have the toy-replica of the bike with me here in Houston. .
i had one of the replicas as well - made by Funskool?? - black bike with "Snake Eyes" from J.I.Joe as the rider.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 21:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i had one of the replicas as well - made by Funskool?? - black bike with "Snake Eyes" from J.I.Joe as the rider.
Bingo! Thats the one. I wanted to go back home and take a pic of it..will do it today,for sure.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 18:37   #26
BHPian

Hey,

since you are in Bangalore, can we meet up sometime and I'll make copies instantly.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post

When I watched it for the first time last year after a gap of 25 yrs or so, I actually had goosebumps. It was that nostalgic. Especially when he hits the hyperthrust button !!
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 17:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Time to relive those great old days....

Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote