Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 10:22   #1681
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 294
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Where can i buy quail meat and eggs in Bangalore? I have been looking out for these but have been unsuccessful so far.
MK Ahmed HSR has quail eggs. I am sure other branches would have them too.

The meat is available in some chicken shops on Sat and Sundays
m8002? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 11:25   #1682
BHPian
 
nishad.hameed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Where can i buy quail meat and eggs in Bangalore? I have been looking out for these but have been unsuccessful so far.
try at Metro, i saw quail eggs there long back.
nishad.hameed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 11:29   #1683
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
try at Metro, i saw quail eggs there long back.
I thought Metro is for wholesalers. do they sell small quantities as well?
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 11:50   #1684
BHPian
 
nishad.hameed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I thought Metro is for wholesalers. do they sell small quantities as well?
They have some minimum purchase conditions. But if you make a visit in a month, looking at your home purchase, good enough for the quantity required. But the history says if you have more at stock, you consume more!
nishad.hameed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 13:57   #1685
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,925
Thanked: 2,499 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Went to The Village in Marathahalli for team lunch. Pathetic! never ever go there!!

EDIT: @SILVERWOOD -

There is nothing much to explain. Everything was bad!

Service : 1/5
Ambience : We went to open air (roof top?) and it was OK. There were hardly anyone.
Food: 1/5

and the staffs are really clueless about everything!

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th May 2011 at 14:16.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 14:03   #1686
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 3,360 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Went to The Village in Marathahalli for team lunch. Pathetic! never ever go there!!
Care to explain the reason.?
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 14:09   #1687
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

To all those who recommended The Grill House (Suhaas and Xryder are two names that come to my mind): Thank you!!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 16:44   #1688
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Went to Hae Kum Gang a few days back. It's a Korean Restaurant, opposite Fuga on Castle street. Easily one of the best places I have been to, and would recommend to everyone (Vegetarians, Non-Vegetarians alike). Complete review here.

Last edited by e1t1bet : 26th May 2011 at 16:45.
e1t1bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 17:00   #1689
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,040
Thanked: 6,321 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
To all those who recommended The Grill House (Suhaas and Xryder are two names that come to my mind): Thank you!!
You're most welcome Amitoj ji! Nice to know that I'm remembered!

So give us the low-down. What did you order and what did you think about the place, overall?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 17:12   #1690
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So give us the low-down. What did you order and what did you think about the place, overall?
Sure! Thats the least i should do!

To start off, they do have parking, which seemed unlikely looking at the place from outside.

Anyway, we first ordered some fries but they recommended Mexican Chilli fries, so we went with that. That was a bit of a disappointment because they were nothing but regular fries with some chilli flakes on them!

But things got better after that! We ordered Steak Chateubraind (i think!) (medium well done) and Steak Mardigras (medium) Both were cooked to our liking and the serving was also huge! Had to get them packed!

Finished off with Blueberry cheesecake which was not bad either. Fresh and not too sweet withi just a hint of blueberry flavour.

Overall, its a nice small cozy place. Would love to go there in the evening sometime too. This was a lunch visit. Their upstairs section has better sound, since all the speakers are there only i think.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 17:19   #1691
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,040
Thanked: 6,321 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sure! Thats the least i should do!

To start off, they do have parking, which seemed unlikely looking at the place from outside.

Anyway, we first ordered some fries but they recommended Mexican Chilli fries, so we went with that. That was a bit of a disappointment because they were nothing but regular fries with some chilli flakes on them!

But things got better after that! We ordered Steak Chateubraind (i think!) (medium well done) and Steak Mardigras (medium) Both were cooked to our liking and the serving was also huge! Had to get them packed!

Finished off with Blueberry cheesecake which was not bad either. Fresh and not too sweet withi just a hint of blueberry flavour.

Overall, its a nice small cozy place. Would love to go there in the evening sometime too. This was a lunch visit. Their upstairs section has better sound, since all the speakers are there only i think.
Interesting.

It is a pretty nice place. Especially for those who like the sort of food served at The Only Place and Millers 46. If you're interested in trying out other new places, I recommend this place called Touche. It's next to Extreme Sorts Bar on 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. The food is above average, but you'd think it could have been better. The main attraction for this place would be the funky ambiance and it's totally worth spending the extra on it.

Also, try Toit, on 100 Ft Road Indiranagar. It's very close to Dominos/Stones/Beanstalk. Superb ambiance, great food and excellent service.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 18:56   #1692
BHPian
 
CorsaLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Interesting.

It is a pretty nice place. Especially for those who like the sort of food served at The Only Place and Millers 46. If you're interested in trying out other new places, I recommend this place called Touche. It's next to Extreme Sorts Bar on 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. The food is above average, but you'd think it could have been better. The main attraction for this place would be the funky ambiance and it's totally worth spending the extra on it.

Also, try Toit, on 100 Ft Road Indiranagar. It's very close to Dominos/Stones/Beanstalk. Superb ambiance, great food and excellent service.
Isnt this the same place with touch screens on the table to order?
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 19:17   #1693
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,040
Thanked: 6,321 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Isnt this the same place with touch screens on the table to order?
Ah why'd you have to ruin the suspense now! It is a great place if you want a futuristic 'dining-experience'.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 19:29   #1694
BHPian
 
CorsaLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Ah why'd you have to ruin the suspense now! It is a great place if you want a futuristic 'dining-experience'.
Did not know you were hidin it!

But that is the major crowd puller to this place! I know people who have never had Italian/Conti and have gone here just for the experience.

Now that I have, let me give some more insights into this:

If you call and reserve a table, the touch screen on your table shows your name and welcomes you!
Once you place the order, it goes to the Samsung Tabs held by each of the waiters. They confirm the order with you and then re-confirm it to the Kitchen.

Food is above average and a tad bit expensive!
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:29   #1695
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore/Gulbarga
Posts: 161
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Had been to "Atithi" on CMH road, Indiranagar. Oh! what an experience it was! totally awsome!

Was an early bird there (infact 1st customer of the evening! 6.30pm) and enjoyed amazing food.

We ordered following dishes:

1. Prawns Masala Fry: Excellent taste, very well cooked Prawns and the masala was yummy. Rating: 9/10

2. Chicken Tikka: Very tender chicken pieces, very well marinated and the taste was superb. Rating: 9/10

3. Machchali Achari Tikka: Very unique preparation. But, the fish was over cooked. Overall taste was above average. Rating: 6/10

4. Garlic Chicken Tikka: Again, a fantastic dish and the flavours were lip smacking! Rating: 8/10


Ambience: Rating 6/10
Service: Rating 8/10
VFM: Rating 8/10

For 2 people the bill came to 2000 INR including tips (Food plus Beverages. . .you know what I mean )

I will visit this joint again for it's food!
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1135 9th October 2017 21:26
A Guide: Eating out in Chennai Proxima Shifting gears 601 12th February 2017 20:14
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks