Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th January 2015, 15:13   #3301
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Is this the way to Zeeshan or Lazeez? JMaruru asked for directions to Lazeez.
Lazeez! Is 'Zeeshan' also located in JP Nagar?

My bad! I thought it of as 'Lazeez'. So what would be the items to look out for in 'Zeeshan'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Sorry my bad. These are directions to Zeeshan in JP Nagar. There is no Lazeez in JP Nagar to my knowledge. The closest Lazeez is in BTM 1st stage, opposite Reliance Fresh.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th April 2015 at 18:32. Reason: Posts merged.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 15:34   #3302
BHPian

Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Sorry my bad. These are directions to Zeeshan in JP Nagar. There is no Lazeez in JP Nagar to my knowledge. The closest Lazeez is in BTM 1st stage, opposite Reliance Fresh.
Not an issue.
I thought Lazeez might have opened a branch in JP nagar. They have closed down BTM outlet.
fordday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 15:47   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My bad! I thought it of as 'Lazeez'. So what would be the items to look out for in 'Zeeshan'?
Zeeshan must try is of course the mutton and chicken biryani. Apart from that the laccha paratha, chicken and mutton chaanp, chicken tikka/reshmi butter masala are pretty good, and so are the various kinds of rolls (mutton, chicken and egg combo rolls). Best had as takeaway, especially if you are with family.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 16:21   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks to a friend who was visiting and wanted to try out great south indian breakfast places we did a Hat-trick of visits last week:
Kept other places like Vidyarthi Bhavan, By 2 Coffee, etc for my friend's next visit.
Dear NPV, you have been exploring my area , do try khali dosa in Shanti Upahar , this is on the 36th cross road

Last edited by mazda4life : 5th January 2015 at 16:23.
mazda4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 22:35   #3305
BHPian

Seems like the famed Paradise Biriyani of Hyderabad has finally arrived in Bangalore.
Check out the Zomato link below.

https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/paradise-indiranagar

Any BHPians checked it out yet?

Last edited by Caffeinated : 10th January 2015 at 22:36. Reason: Editing name
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 22:21   #3306
BHPian

Default Kuttanad, HSR Layout

Saw this newly opened restaurant judging by their "Now Open" signs on our way back from the Renault Service Center at Silk Board and decided to give it a try.

For those impatient to read the next few paragraphs, I have just one word for you: BEWARE.

We (my family) ordered 3 Fish Curry Meals, I Beef Olarthiyathu and 1 Beef Curry. Even though the restaurant advertises itself as a Kerala restaurant, it has North Indian and Chinese food also which multiple reviewers at Zomato had asked to steer clear of.

Everything except the two beef dishes were ice cold. The rice was overcooked and pasty. Accompaniments to the meals were pretty much the standard Kerala veggie fare of 4 veg dishes, fish curry and pickle. The beef dishes were done well though.

A person who I suspect was the owner took our order. He was in a tearing hurry and wanted us to blurt out our order in a few seconds. Service was horrendous and I can't remember the last time I visited a restaurant where all the employees were running around. Some of it was funny akin to watching a Charlie Chaplin movie -- We would see a waiter run half way across the room, remember something midway and stop abruptly, and then run back in the opposite direction. This happened more than once. As we were having our meals, one irritated old lady complained that she had been waiting for her bill for 20 minutes. This restaurant even brought back memories of my stay in Hong Kong when the waiter threw the serving plates onto the table in front of us.

In terms of price, the fish curry meals are affordable at Rs. 120 a pop, that too with seer fish. But the a la carte dishes are pricey and in our case cost ₹220 to ₹240 which is definitely too much. Karimeen Pollichathu is an eye-watering ₹600.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 22:39   #3307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Seems like the famed Paradise Biriyani of Hyderabad has finally arrived in Bangalore.
Check out the Zomato link below.

https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/paradise-indiranagar

Any BHPians checked it out yet?
Went there the previous weeked and had the mutton biriyani - it is by far the best biriyani i've eaten in Bangalore.

Not the spicy kind - this one is more flavorful and full of aroma.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 13:48   #3308
BHPian

Default Re: Kuttanad, HSR Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Saw this newly opened restaurant judging by their "Now Open" signs on our way back from the Renault Service Center at Silk Board and decided to give it a try.

For those impatient to read the next few paragraphs, I have just one word for you: BEWARE.

We (my family) ordered 3 Fish Curry Meals, I Beef Olarthiyathu and 1 Beef Curry. Even though the restaurant advertises itself as a Kerala restaurant, it has North Indian and Chinese food also which multiple reviewers at Zomato had asked to steer clear of.

Everything except the two beef dishes were ice cold. The rice was overcooked and pasty. Accompaniments to the meals were pretty much the standard Kerala veggie fare of 4 veg dishes, fish curry and pickle. The beef dishes were done well though.

A person who I suspect was the owner took our order. He was in a tearing hurry and wanted us to blurt out our order in a few seconds. Service was horrendous and I can't remember the last time I visited a restaurant where all the employees were running around. Some of it was funny akin to watching a Charlie Chaplin movie -- We would see a waiter run half way across the room, remember something midway and stop abruptly, and then run back in the opposite direction. This happened more than once. As we were having our meals, one irritated old lady complained that she had been waiting for her bill for 20 minutes. This restaurant even brought back memories of my stay in Hong Kong when the waiter threw the serving plates onto the table in front of us.

In terms of price, the fish curry meals are affordable at Rs. 120 a pop, that too with seer fish. But the a la carte dishes are pricey and in our case cost ₹220 to ₹240 which is definitely too much. Karimeen Pollichathu is an eye-watering ₹600.
Is this the one on the left when coming from HSR - BDA signal towards jakkasandra? If so, this place was shifted from 27th Main on HSR road. I tried it once for lunch, found it to be good. Had a fish curry means, veg meals and a thali plus a beef dry fry, which we all liked.
They are pricey, they even charge you for the extra pappadam .

I recently tried the thalassery restaurant on Madivala 20th Main, the road that goes behind Madivala Kallada office. Went for the Thalassery Chicken Biriyani. Was disappointed. There was no flavour. And I had the idea that for Thalassery biriyani they fry the meat, but this was not.

Last edited by glenmz : 17th January 2015 at 13:53.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 15:13   #3309
BHPian

Default Re: Kuttanad, HSR Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Is this the one on the left when coming from HSR - BDA signal towards jakkasandra?
Yep, same one. They are pricey in unsuspecting ways as the price of the meals is quite reasonable, but the a la carte ones cost a lot. I was unimpressed by the food and the service was terrible.
Old 18th January 2015, 12:40   #3310
BHPian

Looking for answers to these.

1. Where to go if one has the urge to eat banana fritters (pazhampori) and other Kerala snacks (ada, sukihyan, etc.)? Can someone suggest a place close to Koramangala if possible?

2. Best place to go in Bangalore to buy Kerala-specific veggies like khoorkha?
Old 18th January 2015, 19:06   #3311
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Usually available in the New Thippasandra market due to the large number of folks from god's own country living nearby
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 22:49   #3312
BHPian

Quote:

The Kerala veggies are now available at a streetside vendor, opposite a church opened on Bannerghatta Road, just before Royal Meenakshi Mall. He is there on the weekend mornings. We typically buy Koorkha, chembu and so on from him.
Aiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:13   #3313
BHPian

Quote:

1. Where to go if one has the urge to eat banana fritters (pazhampori) and other Kerala snacks (ada, sukihyan, etc.)? Can someone suggest a place close to Koramangala if possible?
Try here. This is couple of streets behind Madivala Ayyappa temple. Serves almost all veg and non Veg Kerala snacks. And this has been running for years. The prices have gone up these days though. We used to get Banana fritters for Rs3 earlier, it has gone upto 8.
Other options are behind the travels offices at Madivala, mainly on 20th Main road. Almost every bakery serves the snacks there.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/12...a=!4m2!4m1!3e2

Quote:
For folks on Sarjapur road, there is a vendor who sells these on Sundays outside Mount Carmel Church, Carmelaram. You get Koorkha, tapicoa, etc here.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ca...d12.914049!1m0
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:31   #3314
BHPian

Default Windmill Craftworks

Went to Windmill Craftworks this Saturday.

Brilliant setting for a coversation and amazing food. Loved the ambience. Loved the cocktails as well. A definite must visit.
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:53   #3315
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Windmill Craftworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Went to Windmill Craftworks this Saturday.

Brilliant setting for a coversation and amazing food. Loved the ambience. Loved the cocktails as well. A definite must visit.
Planning for a date with wife early next month, for our 5th Anniversary.
Buffet lunch or A la-Carte ? How is the ambience ? More on it please.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote