Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 23:44   #346
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thanks,sriturl.I haven't been there in ages.
Anyone tried 'Homely chicken', on CMH RD? Their chiken tikka &butter chicken are really good.
They're ok, last I checked. If you want this kind of stuff, more so butter chicken, Kund, off 100 Ft Rd, and the couple of dhabas in the BDA complex are your best bet.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 23:49   #347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 471
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Kund, off 100 Ft Rd, and the couple of dhabas in the BDA complex are your best bet.
I wanted to try this place for some time.
How is this place for Veggie stuff?
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 00:16   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

No clue. Never eaten veggie stuff anywhere.

I went to Little Italy once. Looked like a nice place. One of the family happened to mention it was vegetarian. I have never run so fast in my life.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 00:39   #349
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
They're ok, last I checked. If you want this kind of stuff, more so butter chicken, Kund, off 100 Ft Rd, and the couple of dhabas in the BDA complex are your best bet.
Think I've been there once. There's Nizaam's with their amazing chicken rolls.The double-chicken-double anda happens to be my fav! .. 2 of those in 15 mins..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 00:43   #350
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Nizaam's shut shop there. Now there's some unbranded shop. Not nearly as good.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 01:03   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nizaam's shut shop there. Now there's some unbranded shop. Not nearly as good.
My parents visited the place 2 weeks ago,and found out that the management had changed,and it was no longer called Nizaams. The roti tasted quite different too,apparently.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 11:21   #352
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,811
Thanked: 4,646 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No clue. Never eaten veggie stuff anywhere.

I went to Little Italy once. Looked like a nice place. One of the family happened to mention it was vegetarian. I have never run so fast in my life.
A man after my own heart !!

The same reason I have never been to that place. My friend keeps telling me it's so good I wont notice the lack of non-veg stuff. But I am in no mood to go there

BTW, is Fanoos open for lunch ?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 16:21   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
BTW, is Fanoos open for lunch ?
No idea. I haven't been there in atleast 6 months. I keep seeing cockroaches on the footpath there, and that scares me. If you have roaches running around on the pavement, who knows what's going on inside?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 23:51   #354
BHPian
 
CaliforniaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IND + DXB
Posts: 938
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

wow i really miss those roll from FANOOS,,,,were really lip smacking stuff...
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 10:34   #355
BHPian
 
ajitkommini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 483
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
A man after my own heart !!

The same reason I have never been to that place. My friend keeps telling me it's so good I wont notice the lack of non-veg stuff. But I am in no mood to go there

BTW, is Fanoos open for lunch ?
My senitments exactly - and seems sacrilegious to even think of vegetarian Italian food! I'm so glad we have Giancarlo's place now!
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:19   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No idea. I haven't been there in atleast 6 months. I keep seeing cockroaches on the footpath there, and that scares me. If you have roaches running around on the pavement, who knows what's going on inside?
We have seen a rat in there by the grill and the "chef" took a skewer and tried whacking it with no luck so he just hung the skewer back on the line to be loaded up with 'katti".


s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:23   #357
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Thumbs up

Online food order, Home Delivery, Table Reservation at Restaurants in Bangalore on Hungry Zone

# Order Meal
# Book Table
# Plan a party
# Subscribe to Tiffin

All in Bangalore, but Online !!!
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 12:08   #358
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 381
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No idea. I haven't been there in atleast 6 months. I keep seeing cockroaches on the footpath there, and that scares me. If you have roaches running around on the pavement, who knows what's going on inside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
We have seen a rat in there by the grill and the "chef" took a skewer and tried whacking it with no luck so he just hung the skewer back on the line to be loaded up with 'katti".


And some guys are still drooling about going there / having food from there
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 14:08   #359
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
And some guys are still drooling about going there / having food from there
To put it in perspective, Fanoos used to be hugely popular in the 90s. GSHA and I were regulars in the mid 90s and I'm pretty sure Nitin also was.

Everybody has their old favourites whether it is a sophisticated restaurant or a roadside tea shop serving great short eats. Unless someone posts the current scenario, how would the others know about it?

Bangalore old timers, there used to be a family pub on Brigade Road called Rest House (hope I got the name right). Quiet place, sofas to lounge in, no loud people / music. Are there any places like that now?
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 14:36   #360
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 381
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
To put it in perspective, Fanoos used to be hugely popular in the 90s. GSHA and I were regulars in the mid 90s and I'm pretty sure Nitin also was.
No offense meant to anyone.

Even I was a regular during college, till mid 90s. Later sometime in 1998, one of my friend almost died of food poisoning at Fanoos.
Till this incident his staple food used to be rolls at Fanoos & Beef Biryani from down the street from Fanoos.
(he was from Delhi & his folks never allowed him to come back to BLR)
cheers:
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1136 26th October 2017 15:37
A Guide: Eating out in Chennai Proxima Shifting gears 601 12th February 2017 20:14
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks