Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 23:29   #826
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

bit off-topic, is anyone here aware of a good Tiffin service around the Sarjapur outer ring road area? I'm looking to order Dinner on a daily basis through one of them.

Thanks much for any help on this.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 09:20   #827
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Brahmin Coffee House

Hi

I have seen a few comments on this place, people seem to have very high regard for this place. Please,can someone give me directions to this place?

Many thanks
Prasad
prasadka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 10:11   #828
BHPian
 
redrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 544
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Had been to Hyderabadi Durbar, right beside KC Das on Church street. I read a review in Bangalore times last Friday regarding very good take away Biryani's and this place more than lived up to my expectations. Excellent Mugulai Biryani for about 100 bucks a pop. The Biryani was very well made with succulent pieces of meat. The service and pampering i got from this guys even for a take away was great. Ordered for 4 chicken and a mutton biryani, with chicken kababs. Kababs were not deep fried and were quite tasty too. I dont know whether this service and taste would persist in the long run but this place is definetly worth a visit.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 12:48   #829
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 323 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadka View Post
Hi

I have seen a few comments on this place, people seem to have very high regard for this place. Please,can someone give me directions to this place?

Many thanks
Prasad
One of the best idlis in Bangalore.
It's located in Shankarapuram, near Basavangudi - Gandhibazaar
Take bull temple road. After Uma theatre towards Ramakrishna ashram, take second left, Brahmins coffee bar is in Ranga rao road.
It's a darshini type of place, no place to sit and eat.

@redrage
sometime back I had been to hyderabad durbar, but I didn't like the biryani much over there, may be that day the preperation was not upto the usual days
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 18:23   #830
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Brahmin's Coffee Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
One of the best idlis in Bangalore.
It's located in Shankarapuram, near Basavangudi - Gandhibazaar
Take bull temple road. After Uma theatre towards Ramakrishna ashram, take second left, Brahmins coffee bar is in Ranga rao road.
It's a darshini type of place, no place to sit and eat.
+1, Take the road adjacent to the Maratha hostel on Bull Temple road. It is a very small place and the menu is limited to Idly-vada, chow chow bath & Coffee-Tea. Be prepared to wait in a line during peak times. You may not have to wait for too long as service is fast.

btw, this place got the 'Best Idly-coffee place in Bangalore' award from Times of India sometime back.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 22:54   #831
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,764
Thanked: 4,194 Times
Default

Today being dad's birthday, had been to Kabab Studio.

The good:

Awesome food. The chicken kababs were so awesome, it was unreal! I have never eaten such succulent and soft chicken kababs. It wasnt bland either! It wasnt spicy, but had the right amount of spices and flavour. Loved it to bits. They had 3 lamb starters, one prawn kabab(which was truly mouth watering) and 3 chicken starters.

The main course spread was large, but ordinary. 2 chicken dishes, one fish dish. A few veg stuff which I didnt even bother knowing which was which. Some desserts(punjabi stuff like phirni, etc..) which I didnt have.

I'm still hungover on that awesome yummy chicken kababs.

The bad: There is a Punjabi food festival going on due to which every half an hour or so, they switch off the music and a bunch of guys come and dance to the rhythm of the dholak and those other Punjabi drums. While I appreciate the idea, I hated the execution as the drums were ear splitting loud. It shouldnt be like that. It shouldnt be so loud that it takes away from the ambience and the enjoyability of the place. I really hated that.

The other thing is, it's expensive. 600/- per head. But for a one-off celebration like a B'day or something, it is good. And oooooohhhhhhhhhhh........ did I mention how soft and succulent the chicken pieces were?

Barbecue Nation?!?! Pah! that's all I have to say. This blows Barbecue Nation to smithereens.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 21st November 2009 at 22:58.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 11:52   #832
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 323 Times
Default

Nikhil, Kabab studio @ goldfinch Hotel right ?
It's an awesome place, with good ambience + delicious dishes.
I had been for Dinner buffet, it was around 650Rs/head.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:04   #833
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,764
Thanked: 4,194 Times
Default

Yes. That's the one. It was 600/- per head incl taxes.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 14:54   #834
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 645
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
[*]Chinese - Beijing Bites. Decent food and decent price[*]Tandoor - Barbeque nation[/list]
I once went to Beijing Bites in Jeevanbheemanagar. I ordered chilly chicken and Schezwan noodles and told them to make it extra spicy. And it turned out both the items were too sweet. I never had such sweetish Chinese food in India. That day i swore never to enter Beijing Bites again.

Do you guys also find Beijing Bites sweetish? Or was it a one off in this Branch ?

I found Chungs in CMH road to be very good. I love Hot & Sour Soup, Cantonese Chowmien, drums of Heavan, Koithai(Malaysian noodles) here. Spicy food loves will love this place for sure.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:30   #835
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I once went to Beijing Bites in Jeevanbheemanagar. I ordered chilly chicken and Schezwan noodles and told them to make it extra spicy. And it turned out both the items were too sweet. I never had such sweetish Chinese food in India. That day i swore never to enter Beijing Bites again.

Do you guys also find Beijing Bites sweetish? Or was it a one off in this Branch ?

I found Chungs in CMH road to be very good. I love Hot & Sour Soup, Cantonese Chowmien, drums of Heavan, Koithai(Malaysian noodles) here. Spicy food loves will love this place for sure.
I have always tried the one on New BEL road and they have never disappointed me. I'm not sure about the one in the area you have mentioned.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:40   #836
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,210 Times
Default

We have been regularly visiting Brindavan Hotel, M G Road, for delicious and sumptuous lunch in the after-noons and tiffin in the evenings. Lunch costs Rs 70/- only and served on banana leaves. Another highlight is, ample car parking is available within the compound.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:48   #837
BHPian
 
Wheeliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

for people in the Whitefield area who like punjabi food, try Adaa sometime. it is in the complex to the immediate left once you come down from Marathahalli Bridge to go towards Kundalahalli Junction. It is above the GKVale showroom. they have nice items like Tandoor Brocolli on their menu which is very tasty.

There is also another restaurant in the same complex which has a mix of Mangalorean and European food. Though there were no customers in the restaurant when we went and it was past 3 p.m (which is why we went there, since Adaa was closed by then), they prepared the food specially for us.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:01   #838
BHPian
 
deepaktpatil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KA 05, MH 10
Posts: 285
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
for people in the Whitefield area who like punjabi food, try Adaa sometime. it is in the complex to the immediate left once you come down from Marathahalli Bridge to go towards Kundalahalli Junction. It is above the GKVale showroom. they have nice items like Tandoor Brocolli on their menu which is very tasty.

There is also another restaurant in the same complex which has a mix of Mangalorean and European food. Though there were no customers in the restaurant when we went and it was past 3 p.m (which is why we went there, since Adaa was closed by then), they prepared the food specially for us.
Thanks for sharing. How are the prices in this hotel. Appreciate your reply.
deepaktpatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 20:11   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
for people in the Whitefield area who like punjabi food, try Adaa sometime. it is in the complex to the immediate left once you come down from Marathahalli Bridge to go towards Kundalahalli Junction. It is above the GKVale showroom. they have nice items like Tandoor Brocolli on their menu which is very tasty.

There is also another restaurant in the same complex which has a mix of Mangalorean and European food. Though there were no customers in the restaurant when we went and it was past 3 p.m (which is why we went there, since Adaa was closed by then), they prepared the food specially for us.
Chungwah in Whitefield, above the CCD is pretty decent. Try " Genral Tao's Chicken ( gravy ) " and crispy spinach with chicken. Havent tried any other Chugwah outlets, so cant compare.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 20:31   #840
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 899 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Chungwah in Whitefield, above the CCD is pretty decent. Try " Genral Tao's Chicken ( gravy ) " and crispy spinach with chicken. Havent tried any other Chugwah outlets, so cant compare.
Chung Wah in Arekere gate, BG road is also pretty decent in terms of food and rates. In particular, "General Tao's" chicken is pretty good.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1135 9th October 2017 21:26
A Guide: Eating out in Chennai Proxima Shifting gears 601 12th February 2017 20:14
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks