Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th February 2008, 12:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Time to once again refresh our memory about this incident i had to go through.
Autos in Bangalore - i just detest them. I either take a bus or a cab, to the maximum extent possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...gs-pounce.html (Speeding auto rams my car, auto gangs pounce)

Culprit in this case : KA 01 6564
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 12:56   #17
BHPian

As much as i detest these autos and its drivers.. i feel by driving autos, most of them are being kept away from numerous other crimes they would have committed being unemployed, hungry etc. driving autos and earning daily wages atleast keeps them away from crimes...Least to say most young auto drivers are some sort of goondas.. imagine blr with out autos and lakhs of illiterate immigrant people having nothing to do..it would be anarchy and i am sure we wouldnt have been able to walk or drive any where in the city after dark with out fearing for life. Just a few days back met an elderly getleman auto driver from sringeri area who was well off and owned 4x4s and due to twist of fate lost everything and now earns a livelihood driving autorickshaw here in Bangalore. The autorickshaw and its drivers must be taken as a bad taste in the mouth..Blr cant do with out autos can we? with the state of our public transport..Waiting to see what would be the state when the entire Metro is operational.
these are just my opinions..
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote